May 1, 2009
@SwiftyClown it's all good, it happens. Did you see this?

http://instagr.am/p/B-ab2IPH3AX/
If a redshirt year where he can really work and develop his body and skills can translate to A10 level competition, I will be extremely happy. With both him and Ward as Juniors (2021 season), we will be strong and very big in the low post. This will be especially true if we can get Bacon muscled up at about 265 lbs and Ward at about 240 lbs.
Appears the kid can shoot it out to about 10-12 feet and can even put it on the floor. Really like the passing too!
What was his injury? I don't know if it was the injury or just the level of play, but his OOC numbers concern me a bit as production was way off compared to in-conference MEAC play.

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
@BradRamFan broken tibia/fibia in high school, missed a year. No high school or AAU ball. So he was just really raw, and started truly developing over the course of the season and got more minutes as a sophomore.

Reactions: BradRamFan

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
I'm surprised we and other P5 schools aren't trying harder to recruit players from MEAC schools to their school via transfer. There is a ton of talent in the MEAC that is overlooked. NC Central had a TON of talent on their team this year that could have played in the A10.
P5 and all schools are recruiting in the MEAC and other conferences. Over the last few years there have been a number of players who have moved up to better programs.

At the end of the day, unless a player can move into a really solid program many dont want to leave the friendly and supportive confines of an HBCU.