rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
List of RAM Seven+ footers?

Antoine Ford...
Brendan Medley-Bacon.
Bo Ford was actually a pretty good player. Polio didnt know how to use the guy. In fact he didnt know how to use any of the bigger guys he had which is why VCU was mediocre during his tenure.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
I remember Ford well. I was helping out Tubby as a Professor in his recruitment. He eventually went to Georgia Tech and transferred here for just one semester.
Odd fact. Antiones Dad owned a grocery store in Harlem NY. He stood about 5'8 at most. HIs mom whom I never met was reportedly about 6 foot.

Reactions: CAAFan66
Feb 14, 2011
Odd fact. Antiones Dad owned a grocery store in Harlem NY. He stood about 5'8 at most. HIs mom whom I never met was reportedly about 6 foot.

Funny, An AAU coach once said that when "recruiting" young teen players. he looks at the build of the Mom's more than dads. Kids with tall moms continue to grow into their late teens, tall dads, short moms stop growing sooner. I don't know if there's any science behind it but he used it as a height barometer. Who knows. could be total horse hockey.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
Funny, An AAU coach once said that when "recruiting" young teen players. he looks at the build of the Mom's more than dads. Kids with tall moms continue to grow into their late teens, tall dads, short moms stop growing sooner. I don't know if there's any science behind it but he used it as a height barometer. Who knows. could be total horse hockey.
Ever see a grown son that was not taller than his mother? Rare sight indeed

Reactions: rammad90

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2009
How soon we forget Our most recent 7 footer was DJ Haley. We also had our tallest in Constantine Pepeliev who was about 7’2”

Sure did! Forgot both those guys. Loved them both too! So is it 4 SevenFooters total for our Black and Gold?

Reactions: rammad90

SteveMM

Top Member
Feb 1, 2016
It's a good rough approximator for sure, and I've noticed it with kids my son plays sports with. I personally was an exception to that rule. My dad was between 6'1'' and 6'2''. My mother was 5'4'' before she started shrinking. I'm 6'3'' and grew an inch after graduating high school. I feel like my son is going to be similar. He's a junior in high school and was a late bloomer. He didn't have a growth spurt of any kind until this past spring/summer when he shot up almost four inches. He's 5'8'' and I don't think he's anywhere near done. I fully expect he'll grow after high school, since he's only really had one growth spurt. His mother, by the way, is 5'2''.

Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM