Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
Clearly he didn’t learn from Toppin’s brother... there’s growing noise (albeit small) at Kentucky that it’s time for for Calipari to move on.
I suspect that noise will be increasing in level after the season Kentucky just had. I've already heard Kentucky fans talking about how good Cal is at training kids for the NBA, but Kentucky basketball is about winning national championships and he hasn't done that in a while. A season of not even making the tourney isn't going to help the noise.

squid1622

Top Member
Mar 5, 2012
I suspect that noise will be increasing in level after the season Kentucky just had. I've already heard Kentucky fans talking about how good Cal is at training kids for the NBA, but Kentucky basketball is about winning national championships and he hasn't done that in a while. A season of not even making the tourney isn't going to help the noise.
Yup. Those are the same voices I’m hearing. When it gets really bad is when my friends, who are casual uk fans and live in Lexington, start complaining about him.

Reactions: Ramlove81

KentuckyRam

Insider
Jul 16, 2009
Cronin's success at UCLA adds fuel to the fire. It will be interesting to see what comes after the one and dones era.

Reactions: Ramlove81
Jan 15, 2020
Again, the only thing MSS did was worked and sweated his a$$ off for VCU, and then he said very positive things about the program on his way out the door. Remember, he stayed with us after Wade left.

You guys are all upset with his uncle, which is fine, but why you're blaming MSS for another man's actions is beyond me.
Just his uncle? Are you not on a Facebook? His entire family does it. His dad did it a few days ago. His sister randomly sends angry private messages to VCU fans.. You really think his entire family trashes VCU without his approval? Highly unlikely his entire family keeps going off if he took issue with it. Sure it’s possible but let’s be honest Silva was not all there his final season. You could tell by the body language in team huddles, pre game speeches, when he came out of games, etc. TV caught him during pre game barely listening to Rhoades and rolling his eyes after his speech. That sort of behavior does not suggest he takes issue with his family’s actions. Irony of all this was if he had just kept working here he had a better shot at the NBA because he was a starter. Now he’s a bench warmer with a few points and rebounds each game. No NBA scout is watching that.

Newboy

Top Member
Mar 2, 2014
Just his uncle? Are you not on a Facebook? His entire family does it. His dad did it a few days ago. His sister randomly sends angry private messages to VCU fans.. You really think his entire family trashes VCU without his approval? Highly unlikely his entire family keeps going off if he took issue with it. Sure it’s possible but let’s be honest Silva was not all there his final season. You could tell by the body language in team huddles, pre game speeches, when he came out of games, etc. TV caught him during pre game barely listening to Rhoades and rolling his eyes after his speech. That sort of behavior does not suggest he takes issue with his family’s actions. Irony of all this was if he had just kept working here he had a better shot at the NBA because he was a starter. Now he’s a bench warmer with a few points and rebounds each game. No NBA scout is watching that.
Whew!

Natty

Co-Founder
Top Member
Insider
Feb 12, 2009
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think I read somewhere that seniors who come back next season do NOT count against the scholarship limit. Thus, even if Stockard comes back, and I am fairly certain he is as of this moment, then we still have two scholarships available (Clark’s and Medley-Bacon’s).

We're going to have three spots open: Clark's, BMB's and Bones'

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
We're going to have three spots open: Clark's, BMB's and Bones'
giphy.gif

Jan 15, 2020
you know something we don't? 👀👀👀
Strange timing given his loyalty tweet about commitment but then again he was referring to transfers not the NBA but I definitely read that as having unfinished business at VCU. Bummer if he leaves but we’ll be ok. I definitely wanted to see him light up the NCAAs next year before leaving though. That was his dream. Plus he’ll be a lottery pick for sure next year and possible college POTY.