Reseating Thread

Apr 20, 2009
There are GA tickets available for every game. If you call the ticket office when single game tickets go on sale they can sell you a GA ticket to every game.
Im well aware of that. But that doesn't make you a season ticket holder which does have some perks. This would also likely increase donations. Not a lot but anything is better than nothing.

Dec 2, 2012
So if you skip buying tickets for a year then start back up, do you start over at zero or do they keep your past contributions in mind? I understand you'd miss reseating and have to take crappy seat until the next resenting.

JDI

Insider
Apr 20, 2009
So if you skip buying tickets for a year then start back up, do you start over at zero or do they keep your past contributions in mind? I understand you'd miss reseating and have to take crappy seat until the next resenting.
Pretty sure you lose everything.

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
I think you keep the total donation points, but lose the consecutive years of tickets points.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Pretty sure you lose everything.
This is from the VCU athletics web site:

The following priority point system is used to determine donor standings for priority seating, parking and other Ram Athletic Fund benefits:
  • 1 point – Per $100 contributed for lifetime giving
  • 2 points – Per season ticket for Men’s Basketball (current season)
  • 3 points – Per consecutive years of Men’s Basketball season tickets
  • ‘X’ points for membership level in the Ram Athletic Fund (current season)
What you lose is the 3 points per consecutive years of Men's Basketball season tickets. If you have purchased season tickets for the last 10 years, you would lose those 30 priority points since your consecutive string of season tickets would be starting over. Everything else stays in tact.

Feb 14, 2011

The following priority point system is used to determine donor standings for priority seating, parking and other Ram Athletic Fund benefits:
What you lose is the 3 points per consecutive years of Men's Basketball season tickets. If you have purchased season tickets for the last 10 years, you would lose those 30 priority points since your consecutive string of season tickets would be starting over. Everything else stays in tact.
I understand you need to donate something, even if it's $5.00 every year to keep your account active. However I would check with the ticket folks and get it in writing.

Feb 14, 2011
Some may find this helpful, very brief and to the point. It's a copy paste from the RAF Paciolan page (where you look up your account info, make a donation) Since I made my donation months ago, I'm able to tell how they are allocating my donation.

This is called the Ticket Fund:

A required gift of $250 per seat you plan to purchase for the 2020-21 Men's Basketball Season is needed to purchase season tickets. This fund does not go towards priority points or giving level. Priority points and giving level are determined by your giving to the Philanthropic Fund. Philanthropic giving can be added below.

Payment for season ticket will take place during the seat selection in August. Gifts to the Ticket Fund are separate than the cost of tickets.

This section is called the Philanthropic Fund

The Philanthropic Fund will determine your giving level, provide you with benefits associated with each level, add to your priority points, and determine when you select your seats during a re-seating year.

Rams Society - $250-$999
Black and Gold Society - $1,000-$1,499
Director's Society - $1,500 - $3,999
Super Rams - $4,000-$6,499
Champions Society - $6,500-$8,999
Battering Rams- $9,000-$13,999
Platinum Society - $14,000-$23,999
Scholarship Society - $24,000 +

Please contact the Ram Athletic Fund at 804-828-3863 or [email protected] for more information. If you would like to decline any benefits associated with your gift, please contact the Ram Athletic Fund.

Reactions: ShoeSh1ne
Dec 2, 2012

Thanks

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
I understand you need to donate something, even if it's $5.00 every year to keep your account active. However I would check with the ticket folks and get it in writing.
Read my post again. It clearly states you get 3 points per year for consecutive years of purchasing season tickets. If you don't purchase season tickets this year, that clock starts over whenever you start purchasing season tickets again, and you lose any points you previously had from that category.

Feb 14, 2011
Read my post again. It clearly states you get 3 points per year for consecutive years of purchasing season tickets. If you don't purchase season tickets this year, that clock starts over whenever you start purchasing season tickets again, and you lose any points you previously had from that category.
I understand exactly what your post says and you are correct regarding ticket points. However my point of donating a couple bucks every year is because the life time donor points are the bigger picture for some. I don't know how long they keep "inactive" accounts (no ticket purchase and no donation)

Things change all the time but...in my experience if you don't do anything with your account for a period of time, there's a chance you could lose all your points. The person needs to get the official word from the RAF folks to see what happens if he doesn't purchase tickets and he doesn't make a donation.

Years ago, I changed my account from being in my name to the name of my company. I was told, it wasn't a problem, they would simply change the name. What actually happened was they created a new account so I ended up having two separate accounts. Since I was only using the account with the business name, and doing nothing with the personal account that I didn't even know existed, they deleted the original account because it became dormant. They never transfer any of my history from personal to business. I didn't know any of this took place until a year and a half later when I noticed I was missing points during a reseating year. This was around the time Andrew left, maybe 2010. I got tired of trying to work it out with the new folks and I didn't think losing 50 or so points was that big of a deal...until seat selection time.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
I understand exactly what your post says and you are correct regarding ticket points. However my point of donating a couple bucks every year is because the life time donor points are the bigger picture for some. I don't know how long they keep "inactive" accounts (no ticket purchase and no donation)

Things change all the time but...in my experience if you don't do anything with your account for a period of time, there's a chance you could lose all your points. The person needs to get the official word from the RAF folks to see what happens if he doesn't purchase tickets and he doesn't make a donation.

Years ago, I changed my account from being in my name to the name of my company. I was told, it wasn't a problem, they would simply change the name. What actually happened was they created a new account so I ended up having two separate accounts. Since I was only using the account with the business name, and doing nothing with the personal account that I didn't even know existed, they deleted the original account because it became dormant. They never transfer any of my history from personal to business. I didn't know any of this took place until a year and a half later when I noticed I was missing points during a reseating year. This was around the time Andrew left, maybe 2010. I got tired of trying to work it out with the new folks and I didn't think losing 50 or so points was that big of a deal...until seat selection time.
That's why the last time they messed up my account, I got all of the specifics in writing and had the athletic department sign the document. And believe me, it is very specific regarding what my Capital Campaign benefits are. Prior to that, there was no document. We got nothing in writing (contract wise) specific to the Capital Campaign when the Stu opened, and that has been a huge problem for numerous donors since then.

HuRam97

Top Member
Insider
Dec 10, 2011
I think you keep the total donation points, but lose the consecutive years of tickets points.
Confirmed. I took the last 3 years off knowing I’d have some standing when I came back. And that is the case. I dropped about 150 spots in the ranking but I’m still in the game. Plus much better situated to amp up the level so it’s pretty much a wash, if not better. I have read the new RAF docs and it’s not that difficult - just some tax driven adjustments that take a few extra minutes to digest. Ready to get back in the Stu for all the games!