Reseating Thread

HuRam97

Top Member
Insider
Dec 10, 2011
When you log in to your account, you can click on "Manage My Account" in upper right, then Click on "Account" It will give you your breakdown:
View attachment 8422
Thank you. That's what I see - I just wasn't sure if there was a differnt full listing out there. Didn't think so - just confirming. BTW, my 651 is jealous of your 26. Well done!

Reactions: Ramaholic

Ramaholic

Top Member
Mar 8, 2010
Showing off ;)

All kidding aside...nice job supporting the program
Thanks man. It's sort of a company account so I can't take all (or even most) of the credit. I kind of wish the let you see the whole chart so you can figure where you stand and how far away you are from significant jumps in rankings.
Interestingly enough, when we make our donation in a month, we'll move to around 20, but the last 2 re-seatings, we picked around 5th/ 6th based on time slots. They start at 9:45 and allow for 3 min intervals. Our time selection has been 12 to 15 minutes after the first slot. I always wondered why we don't pick further down (closer to 20) instead of 5th or 6th.
And when we pick, about 1000 prime seats (sidelines) are marked out as un-selectable. I know that the CC members seats are untouchable and that Learfield Sports Properties has a block of 300 or so and player/ coach/ tickets from our team and the opposing team. but it still leaves several hundred prime seats unaccounted for. I heard they were used as inventory for future donors. But when people complain about empty corporate seats, I wonder how many of those seats are ones that they never sold and held as inventory.

Last edited:
Reactions: Newboy

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Thanks man. It's sort of a company account so I can't take all (or even most) of the credit. I kind of wish the let you see the whole chart so you can figure where you stand and how far away you are from significant jumps in rankings.
Interestingly enough, when we make our donation in a month, we'll move to around 20, but the last 2 re-seatings, we picked around 5th/ 6th based on time slots. They start at 9:45 and allow for 3 min intervals. Our time selection has been 12 to 15 minutes after the first slot. I always wondered why we don't pick further down (closer to 20) instead of 5th or 6th.
And when we pick, about 1000 prime seats (sidelines) are marked out as un-selectable. I know that the CC members seats are untouchable and that Learfield Sports Properties has a block of 300 or so and player/ coach/ tickets from our team and the opposing team. but it still leaves several hundred prime seats unaccounted for. I heard they were used as inventory for future donors. But when people complain about empty corporate seats, I wonder how many of those seats are ones that they never sold and held as inventory.
I guess there are some people out there that don't purchase season tickets for basketball, or perhaps never did. Could also be a few that have passed away, or have inactive accounts for other reasons, but are still ahead of you in the rankings. I always assumed that there must be a lot of people ahead of me in the ranking that are not active accounts and season ticket holders or I wouldn't have even been getting in the building years ago. I think I was around 1,600 7 or 8 years ago. Why they have that many seats reserved I have no idea. How many CC members are there left?

SpiderRAM

Insider
Aug 17, 2014
After all the reading of this and other threads about reseating and worry/angst about the new donation levels, etc., I finally spoke with Danny with the RAF today. All of my questions were answered. Our donation will be the same, we will be in the same donation level, and really the only change is not blocking off certain sections for certain donation levels. Apparently when the tax laws changed, in order to be able to allow donors to potentially receive a tax deduction for the donation, that portion of the seating/reseating had to be eliminated.

Reactions: enonram

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Mar 21, 2017
After all the reading of this and other threads about reseating and worry/angst about the new donation levels, etc., I finally spoke with Danny with the RAF today. All of my questions were answered. Our donation will be the same, we will be in the same donation level, and really the only change is not blocking off certain sections for certain donation levels. Apparently when the tax laws changed, in order to be able to allow donors to potentially receive a tax deduction for the donation, that portion of the seating/reseating had to be eliminated.
did the topic of what happens if the season is cancelled come up?

Mar 2, 2014
Welcome back!

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
If your donation is the same, where is the $250 per seat ticket fee being absorbed? Are they reducing the price of season tickets by $250 to cover the fee?