Reseating Thread

Dec 16, 2013
We are donating the same overall and still in the same donor level. We have 4 seats and the minimum in our donor level was reduced by $1000 which makes up for the $250 per seat cost.
top level donors are typically those most likely to itemize deductions on tax return and benefit from this move - us in the 1000 donation level typically take standard deduction on our tax returns -
and yes those of us on lower level did not have our minimum level reduced like the upper levels to maintain the donor levels before to offset for the ticket surcharge $250 - not complaining here just pointing out reality - those giving at those higher levels deserve a lot more than I do for their generous philanthropy through the years
VCU Athletics needs your gifts to pay bills - do not expect any return of a contribution even if we don't play and if I were a betting man only expect the ticket surcharge (seating rights) to be credited toward a subsequent season if we don't play - just wish they would say it in writing instead of we expect to play as the standard speaking point
cannot blame them at all for such a position because they will have scholarship expenses even if the athletes don't play and coaches salaries to pay too - and I am sure there will be stress on the student fee support they normally get if campus doesn't open in full
Go Rams

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Haha, I've already heard one twit say, " it's the phone camera, it makes them look closer together than in reality". 😂
Yeah and I heard twits saying the camera angles at the beach make it look more crowded or it is a stock photo or whatever. I do not understand people at all. Lucky for me I am good at chilling and staying away from others so I am fine. They can all moan all they want. I have my VCU masks at the ready. I gotta wear one at work so I give the same respect to other workers. That's just me though. My guess is the gov is gonna make it mandatory tomorrow. We shall see.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2014
Yeah and I heard twits saying the camera angles at the beach make it look more crowed or it is a stock photo or whatever. I do not understand people at all. Lucky for me I am good at chilling and staying away from others so I am fine. They can all moan all they want. I have my VCU masks at the ready. I gotta wear one at work so I give the same respect to other workers. That's just me though. My guess is the gov is gonna make it mandatory tomorrow. We shall see.
Yes, he may make it mandatory, but maybe since he is not wearing a mask he might move straight to phase 2. I hope something happens soon. My daughter is a lifeguard at a local pool and she needs to work or she will not only bleed me dry, but drive me crazy.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Yes, he may make it mandatory, but maybe since he is not wearing a mask he might move straight to phase 2. I hope something happens soon. My daughter is a lifeguard at a local pool and she needs to work or she will not only bleed me dry, but drive me crazy.
Our pool is scheduled to open around the 9th. We all want the same thing. To open and be safe.

Reactions: 757RamFan
Mar 2, 2014
Our pool is scheduled to open around the 9th. We all want the same thing. To open and be safe.
I have heard the 13th for the local pool but not sure about hers. She has had some working prepping and cleaning, but has not made enough money to stop bugging me. My VCU daughter is making a killing for Instacart.
I am ready for some live sports.

757RamFan

Top Member
Jul 17, 2016
Yeah and I heard twits saying the camera angles at the beach make it look more crowed or it is a stock photo or whatever. I do not understand people at all. Lucky for me I am good at chilling and staying away from others so I am fine. They can all moan all they want. I have my VCU masks at the ready. I gotta wear one at work so I give the same respect to other workers. That's just me though. My guess is the gov is gonna make it mandatory tomorrow. We shall see.
I agree, so much stupidity all around. I wear one, also, for everyone's safety (I'm not going to be some super altruistic saint and say I'm only doing it for others), but the man just has no credibility to stand on now, and everyone sees it.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I agree, so much stupidity all around. I wear one, also, for everyone's safety (I'm not going to be some super altruistic saint and say I'm only doing it for others), but the man just has no credibility to stand on now, and everyone sees it.
He isn't the only one. I know one thing. I hope everyone can simmer down and just relax. I don't want to be a shaggy hermit for nothing.

beachmom

Top Member
Aug 12, 2016
top level donors are typically those most likely to itemize deductions on tax return and benefit from this move - us in the 1000 donation level typically take standard deduction on our tax returns -
and yes those of us on lower level did not have our minimum level reduced like the upper levels to maintain the donor levels before to offset for the ticket surcharge $250 - not complaining here just pointing out reality - those giving at those higher levels deserve a lot more than I do for their generous philanthropy through the years
VCU Athletics needs your gifts to pay bills - do not expect any return of a contribution even if we don't play and if I were a betting man only expect the ticket surcharge (seating rights) to be credited toward a subsequent season if we don't play - just wish they would say it in writing instead of we expect to play as the standard speaking point
cannot blame them at all for such a position because they will have scholarship expenses even if the athletes don't play and coaches salaries to pay too - and I am sure there will be stress on the student fee support they normally get if campus doesn't open in full
Go Rams
I don’t expect any refund if there’s no season but we decided to donate as usual to support the program. We are not top donors but in a level that apparently worked out for us in not incurring additional cost. I completely understand, especially with all the economic turmoil and uncertainty, those who have decided differently. I was told by the ticket office, they are working on at least 5 contingency plans for the upcoming season. I’m hoping none will be needed but not too optimistic.

• Wow
Reactions: SpiderRAM

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Is your pool doing summer swim team?
I doubt it. If they do it will be some practices and small intramural races. My son is swimming for NOVA now. I have to take him to Rockville's outdoor pool in about 45 minutes for practice. He is practicing there and at Raintree's outdoor pool.