Reseating Thread

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Actually I think he’s correct for next year. Also ticket limits next year are 6 for everyone, including the highest donor levels. Anyone can get up to 6 tickets for the cost of the tickets and a non tax-deductible donation of $250 per ticket in whatever seating zone that makes you eligible for, which they haven’t shared yet. I think that is a missed opportunity by them, because they are trying to incent donors by giving you 10 extra priority points if you complete your donation by the end of February, but you don’t know what the seat zones are
I don't think you will be able to get 6 tickets for $1,500, but we will see.

Reactions: VAHills
Jul 14, 2011
Someone told me.... outside of the seats reserved for the big corporate donors or what not.... there won't be any "set zones"... it'll be all Priority point based essentially as to when you pick..... and hypothetically if you donate $500 and when its your turn to pick... if theres a seat in the "C" section, then you can pick it.

I don't know how much I believe that.... but if thats the case.... I'm cool with it, always thought that the higher section seats that were not picked in their donation level.... should be open to others afterwards. Even if it means you have a $500 donor next to a $5000 donor. That way the lower levels don't get "punished" because a $5000 donor likes a seat that was designated for a lower donation level.
I don’t think this is correct. They still have different societies for season ticket holders based on their amount of giving. I would expect this will also determine zones as then there would be little reason to incentivize larger donations. If you are brand new to donating why spend an extra 5 grand (50 pts) if it will only move you slightly over 1 section.

Reactions: VCU Finance 2008

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
I don’t think this is correct. They still have different societies for season ticket holders based on their amount of giving. I would expect this will also determine zones as then there would be little reason to incentivize larger donations. If you are brand new to donating why spend an extra 5 grand (50 pts) if it will only move you slightly over 1 section.
The different societies could be for all the different extra stuff you get? Comm. Room pass, ticket limit for the banquet, NCAA Tournament tickets... and all the other stuff that's out there currently..... plus by donating extra money you would still be getting the extra priority points to have you pick earlier than the next person.

But everything I kept reading regarding tickets is based around you making a $250 donation to be able to possibly purchase season tickets. But when they said that, they didn't release any kind of seating chart like they've done in the past as to what the new seating chart locations based on donation would look like.

And as far as the seating goes.... I think doing away with "zones" would be smart. I mean if you have seats open in the current $5000 that go unselected.... currently no one can pick them.... and then they end up getting sold as single game tickets. So why should someone be able to pay $40 for a single game ticket to sit in the $5000 donation section.... but someone who donates $500 or $1000 can't select those seats when it's their time to pick?

And it would people to pick the best seats available.... even if someone who donates $5000 wants to sit in a section that currently is set for $500 donors. You might ask why does that person donate so much to sit in a "lesser" section? It's simple, they get the other amenities that come with it, but they also get to pick before other people because of their priority points total.

Mar 2, 2014
So I gave what i gave for this past year + the ticket deposits of $250. I think i am good now.

TAEKWONDO

Top Member
Insider
May 22, 2019
When we reseat the Siegel Center seating should not be broken down into sections based on Society contribution levels. When it's your turn to pick your seats you should be able to pick any seat that is available.

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
Based on what I've read here, there's a seat on the bench that should go to one of you aspiring coaches..... errrrr posters.......once MR has been fired.

• Haha
Reactions: DisplacedRam

JDI

Insider
Apr 20, 2009
When we reseat the Siegel Center seating should not be broken down into sections based on Society contribution levels. When it's your turn to pick your seats you should be able to pick any seat that is available.
About the best you can hope for is that you are allowed to pick any seat that is available, when it is your turn, as long as you pay what it costs to sit in that seat.

Hoos A Ram

Insider
Nov 5, 2009
The first year I had seats it was actually kind of cool that they gave you a ten minute window to come in and walk around the Stu and you could pick any seat that wasn't marked off. So I got to run up and down the step, sitting in different seats to compare the view. Those were the days where I could still afford the chair seats and not the benches!

Mar 2, 2014
I think seat selection will be based on your priortiy points in your giving level, but if i am correct, all seats are up for grabs. So maybe a loser like myself still has a chance a decent seat. I gave until it hurt.