Reseating Thread

RESRam

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
The rankings have changed significantly, in the wrong direction. Not sure what happened since the last update August 5th to create such an adjustment since all RAF donations were due by May 31st.
Ditto. My new ranking is now double (in the wrong direction) what it was on 8/5! This is after I made our usual donation amount for this year.

Reactions: SpiderRAM

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Insider
Mar 21, 2017
I'm guessing there was some backend error that caused the initial numbers to show. Unfortunately for them it wasn't caught right away so pretty much everyone with a vested interest seems to have already seen it which causes some grief when it's "fixed"

doubtful we would get an explanation about it either way 🤷‍♂️

• Angry

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
I'm guessing there was some backend error that caused the initial numbers to show. Unfortunately for them it wasn't caught right away so pretty much everyone with a vested interest seems to have already seen it which causes some grief when it's "fixed"

doubtful we would get an explanation about it either way 🤷‍♂️

It was 19 days between updates. Somebody needs to be paying closer attention to their job if that is the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ramaholic

SpiderRAM

Top Member
Insider
Aug 17, 2014
It was 19 days between updates. Somebody needs to be payer closer attention to their job if that is the case.
I emailed about it yesterday and was told they’re look into it. The reply led me to believe that this was a problem they knew nothing about. SMH

Ramaholic

Top Member
Mar 8, 2010
With mathematical/ counting mistakes like this happening in the RAF rankings, it is safe to say that our sell-out streak is at no risk of being interrupted any time in the near future.

Reactions: share the ball

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
I emailed about it yesterday and was told they’re look into it. The reply led me to believe that this was a problem they knew nothing about. SMH

Sadly, the athletic department is losing credibility by the day. How can you not be monitoring RAF rankings on a regular basis on the eve of doing another major re-seating??? If the fans are monitoring the rankings more often than the administration, then that's a big problem.

SpiderRAM

Top Member
Insider
Aug 17, 2014
Sadly, the athletic department is losing credibility by the day. How can you not be monitoring RAF rankings on a regular basis on the eve of doing another major re-seating??? If the fans are monitoring the rankings more often than the administration, then that's a big problem.
Agree.

Here’s the explanation I received:
“Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Last week our ticket office processed points in bulk for Ram Athletic Fund donors who made gifts to capital projects, sport specific support, endowments and other special contributions to VCU Athletics. That is the reason your ranking jumped around like it did. Thanks”

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017
I don’t have a dog in this fight but-
“In bulk”- Maybe they had one big batch and they were running their program on my iPhone 6s and that’s why it was all messed up.
/ would explain the battery drain the last while :D

Me? I would have frozen the rankings etc until everything was done then unfrozen them and that would be that.
No idea of they gyrations they have to go through to come up with their results but that does seem to be a less than satisfying answer....

SZQ VCU

Top Member
Insider
Dec 5, 2012
Well it was nice for awhile but it would appear the program is in better shape than previously thought. Good news for the good guys!

Reactions: DisplacedRam

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
I don’t have a dog in this fight but-
“In bulk”- Maybe they had one big batch and they were running their program on my iPhone 6s and that’s why it was all messed up.
/ would explain the battery drain the last while :D

Me? I would have frozen the rankings etc until everything was done then unfrozen them and that would be that.
No idea of they gyrations they have to go through to come up with their results but that does seem to be a less than satisfying answer....

That makes way too much sense. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: VCU74

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Re-Seating

The re-seating will take place September 21-25, primarily online with the option to select over the phone or in person. Please note: the only way to guarantee selection at your designated time will be the online option.

Seat Selection Appointments

You will receive your seat selection appointment via email in early September. At that time, you may log in to the selection site to familiarize yourself with the process. We will assign selection times by donor level and then the donor rank within that level.

Payment of Tickets

Following your seat selection, you will proceed to your online account to pay for your season tickets. At this time, you can pay in full or begin a payment plan for tickets.

Capital Campaign, Floor, and Tommy J. West Ticket Holders.

Capital campaign, floor seat and Tommy J. West ticket holders are not subject to the re-seating if they maintain their donation requirements and seat agreements. Eligible donors will receive their renewals for these tickets next week.

Seating In a Reduced Capacity

If guidance from the Commonwealth of Virginia requires VCU to move to a limited capacity model for the 2020-21 season, based on the arena capacity permitted by the Commonwealth, we will use your donor level and Ram Ranking within each donor level to determine access for the 2020-21 season.