Reseating Thread

Mar 2, 2014
Yup but after talking to a buddy of mine there are some big errors in the times people are picking & times may be changing.

For example

My Ram Ranking as of right now: 1207
Priority Points: 76
My Seat Selection Time I got was: Thursday September 24th at 10:21 AM

A buddy of mine...
Ram Ranking: Around 970
Priority Points: Around 115-120
His seat selection time was Thursday Sept 24th at 12:54 PM

Can someone explain this to me?

So either one of our ram rankings is messed up, or they gave out the wrong times to people.
And if you look at the seating chart, seats are already taken.Corporate donors?

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
You are a Black & Gold.
He is a Director Society.
He should go before you???
Well you're mostly right. I'm not even in B&G society because the cost for tickets is separated from benefits levels remember? I'm technically in Rams Society because $750 is going to tickets, $250 was actual Donation money. Since they are separated now & not together like they were in years past.... because of tax deduction laws & all that stuff.

So you take out my $750 (for tickets)... I'm in Rams Society. You take out his $1000 (for tickets)... hes in directors society. Not to mention his Ram Ranking & Priority points are both ahead of me. So even if we were in the same giving level (which we are not).... he should be picking before me.

VAHills

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2013
Well you're mostly right. I'm not even in B&G society because the cost for tickets is separated from benefits levels remember? I'm technically in Rams Society because $750 is going to tickets, $250 was actual Donation money. Since they are separated now & not together like they were in years past.... because of tax deduction laws & all that stuff.

So you take out my $750 (for tickets)... I'm in Rams Society. You take out his $1000 (for tickets)... hes in directors society. Not to mention his Ram Ranking & Priority points are both ahead of me. So even if we were in the same giving level (which we are not).... he should be picking before me.
Yeah he definitely needs to call them and get that straightened out. His giving level alone should have him picking ahead of you, even if the points you have are higher (which wasn’t the case).

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Yeah he definitely needs to call them and get that straightened out. His giving level alone should have him picking ahead of you, even if the points you have are higher (which wasn’t the case).
Could they have staggered the membership level donation selections? No matter what date you pick you can only select seats in your level and according to ranking in that level.

Last edited:
Reactions: TDXRamsFan

Ramaholic

Top Member
Mar 8, 2010
Could they have staggered the membership level donation selections? No matter what date you pick you can only select seats in your level and according to ranking in that level.
I think they changed the policy this time. I think they go by donor group. Then by the rank in that group. When your name is selected, I believe now you can pick from anywhere in the arena. I believe I read there are no more donor zones.

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Did anyone else not receive an e-mail about that? I have been having problems with not receiving e-mails about reseating all summer long.

Mar 2, 2014
I think they changed the policy this time. I think they go by donor group. Then by the rank in that group. When your name is selected, I believe now you can pick from anywhere in the arena. I believe I read there are no more donor zones.
I believe this is the case.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Top Member
Mar 27, 2009
Man you guys make it sound like we are not gonna lose our sell-out streak!

Ramaholic

Top Member
Mar 8, 2010
Did anyone else not receive an e-mail about that? I have been having problems with not receiving e-mails about reseating all summer long.
That happened to me in the last reseating in 2016. VCU determined that my emails were getting blocked and bouncing back to them as undeliverable supposedly. It was Kevin Jackson that sent me the email that explained it. I wasn't receiving any emails from VCU Athletics for games, events... I havent had any issues since.

Reactions: VCU Finance 2008

SpiderRAM

Top Member
Insider
Aug 17, 2014
My time is Wednesday at 10:18AM. I hope the site is not blocked at my office. The email says seat selection can’t be done on mobile devices.

Mar 2, 2014
My time is Wednesday at 10:18AM. I hope the site is not blocked at my office. The email says seat selection can’t be done on mobile devices.
I pick a little bit after you. I am such a loser that i was trying to estimate how many good seats would be left by the time I make my pick. Hoping to keep moving towards the middle, from 2, to 3 last year so hopefully....... It is going to be close.

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Yeah he said he called someone in athletics & they are looking into it

I thought they'd be picking by the Ram Ranking . Especially since there are no donor sections this year & people can pick from any available seats.

Either way my friend should be picking ahead of me as he donated more money, has a better Ram Ranking, and has more priority points than I do.

So unless they just completely randomized picking order this year (which would make a lot of people mad)... then clearly there's a mistake in the system somewhere.

Which wouldn't shock me, because wasn't there an error in the system a few weeks ago or w/e that cause some peoples numbers to change?

May 5, 2009
Glad to see a lot of activity on this board with loyal fans renewing season tickets. What are the season ticket price? I am a capital campaign member, so my time is later. I believe that there are several prolific posters on the board that do not buy season tickets and wait for a freebee or only purchase individual games tickets. Some of them do not go to the games for various good reasons. Out of town and personal issues.

Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM