Reseating Thread

xjohnx

Original Gangster
Top Member
Feb 9, 2009
If I remember, you had a great find last time for seats. I think you had some of the best seats in the house! (Not gonna give away the location before seat selection so you can get them again!).
On a second note, that is great that you only moved up 5 spots. I am impressed with your giving level at such a young age. You have to figure the entire AD development team is focusing on recruiting donors/ companies to give at or above your level. So untill you get a few more years under your belt, your position is pretty vulnerable. Great job and good luck next week!
Time is flying, I ain't as young as I once was :P This will be my 12th consecutive year with season tickets (15 actually, but had them under my dad's account for the first 3 years.)

You're right about the focus of the development team though. I almost never hear from them, which is absolutely fine with me. I can't stand awkward lunches.

Rankings don't matter. Pick with a chip on your shoulder. Prove 'em wrong.
Oh don't you worry. You know I don't take seat selection lightly. I'll have a spreadsheet of my top choices and marking them off as they're snatched up.

Last edited:

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I can't stand awkward lunches.
I used to be a news photog and had lunches with various reporters almost every day. I have many awkward lunch stories. Ha! Back when Russell Grimm was with RAF he asked me to lunch. I enjoyed it and we went to Hogshead Cafe near my office. I had the hogburger, with bacon, pulled pork, onion rings, cheese, slaw and sauce on a pretzel roll. I think I made Russell uncomfortable :lol:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: xjohnx
May 29, 2020
Can anyone explain the new opt-out policy. If you elect to opt-out and VCU approves, will the $250 donation per ticket be credited. returned or carried over to 2021-2022? Any detail would be appreciated.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Can anyone explain the new opt-out policy. If you elect to opt-out and VCU approves, will the $250 donation per ticket be credited. returned or carried over to 2021-2022? Any detail would be appreciated.
This is all that I have seen on tickets. The RAF donation is non-refundable.

2020-21 Men’s Basketball Opt-Out Policy

VCU Athletics will offer donors the ability to opt out of their season tickets for the 2020-21 while still maintaining the ability to retain their seat selection for the 2021-22 season. In order to do so, please follow this process:

1. Participate in the 2020-21 reseating and/or renew your Capital Campaign, Club or Floor seats
  2. Select and pay for your 2020-21 season tickets to reserve them (payment plan or full payment)
  3. Opt out by emailing [email protected] or [email protected]
  4. Information regarding ticket refunds will come from VCU Athletics following your renewal.
  5. You will maintain your seats for the 2021-22 season if you maintain the appropriate giving level

I do wonder if there is a deadline to opt out. For instance, I would not opt out until I know for sure that the athletic department will set limitations on number of fans. The fan policy could change throughout the season so there are lots of unknowns. I hope that they will be flexible regarding their ticket refund policies.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpiderRAM

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Insider
Mar 21, 2017
I hope that they will be flexible regarding their ticket refund policies.
yeah, seems like it would be massively short-sighted of them to try to get cute on something like this if there are any kind of fan restrictions for the games. I imagine that would piss a whole lot of people right off.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
This is all that I have seen on that subject.

2020-21 Men’s Basketball Opt-Out Policy

VCU Athletics will offer donors the ability to opt out of their season tickets for the 2020-21 while still maintaining the ability to retain their seat selection for the 2021-22 season. In order to do so, please follow this process:

1. Participate in the 2020-21 reseating and/or renew your Capital Campaign, Club or Floor seats
  2. Select and pay for your 2020-21 season tickets to reserve them (payment plan or full payment)
  3. Opt out by emailing [email protected] or [email protected]
  4. Information regarding ticket refunds will come from VCU Athletics following your renewal.
  5. You will maintain your seats for the 2021-22 season if you maintain the appropriate giving level

I do wonder if there is a deadline to opt out. For instance, I would not opt out until I know for sure that the athletic department will set limitations on number of fans. The fan policy could change throughout the season so there are lots of unknowns. I hope that they will be flexible regarding their ticket refund policies.
Not sure how much more the VCU athletic department can muck up the season ticket process. The NCAA has now capped the number of regular season games each team can play at 27. Is VCU going to reduce the price of season tickets based on this cap? Surely, you would think so. The season is now starting 2-3 weeks later than usual. Just maybe, VCU should go ahead with re-seating, but hit the pause button on pricing/payment of season tickets until they figure the schedule out. The maximum number of home games VCU can now have is 15 (with no exhibition game), assuming they are still playing in the Charleston Classic in Orlando. Last year, VCU had 18 regular season homes games, plus one exhibition game, that were part of the season package.

Jul 14, 2011
Pretty sure it is not. They keep saying the ticket costs are refunded but not donations.

Reactions: AlienAiden

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Pretty sure it is not. They keep saying the ticket costs are refunded but not donations.
Yes, the donation goes to the RAF.
I am considering the opt out option for my season tickets after I select my seats. If I want to go I have some people that will have extras due to the pandemic.

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Ok so... I just want a few clarifications

1. When my seat selection time comes, after I pick my seats, how long do I have to decide to pay for season tickets or opt out for this season?

2. If I go ahead & pay for my tickets right away when I select my seats.... and I don't acutally get to go to games this season, due to attendance limitations. What are my options then?

Can I get a full refund of my ticket price? Can I have it put towards next seasons tickets?