Reseating Thread

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Ok so... I just want a few clarifications

1. When my seat selection time comes, after I pick my seats, how long do I have to decide to pay for season tickets or opt out for this season?

2. If I go ahead & pay for my tickets right away when I select my seats.... and I don't acutally get to go to games this season, due to attendance limitations. What are my options then?

Can I get a full refund of my ticket price? Can I have it put towards next seasons tickets?
You select your seats and then you have to pay for your tickets. You can pay in full or do the payment plan. After you pay you can then decide to opt out. The email says that after selection and payment they will provide information about opting out.

Reactions: SpiderRAM

JDI

Insider
Apr 20, 2009
I believe a email was sent out that said the season ticket price would be set once the number of home games is determined.

Reactions: SpiderRAM
May 29, 2020
I have been back and forth about whether to purchase my 6 seats for the 2020-2021 season. I have decided, based on how the Athletic Dept. has handled the reseating, and payment for season tickets, not to spend the additional $3000 when you don't know if you have a chance to get your money back. I upped my contribution considerably in December only to find out later that $1500 ($250 per season ticket) was being applied to a new ticket contribution (No priority points, just a reduction in original contribution.) I am not going to throw good money after bad. Good luck to all. I hope this works out for everyone.

JDI

Insider
Apr 20, 2009
This from a May 29th VCU email.

Ram Fans,

In the event VCU must play men’s basketball games with reduced fan capacity in the Siegel Center, or if the NCAA or Atlantic 10 cancels the 2020-21 men’s basketball season, VCU Athletics will convert seat-related gifts to 100 percent philanthropic gifts to Athletics supporting our mission of providing a first-class student-athlete experience to our 300 student-athletes.

Donors who wish to have a refund of 2020-21 season ticket costs instead of donating them must make a request by January 1, 2021.

NOTE: Donations are not subject to refunds

Go Rams!

Take Care,

Ed McLaughlin
Vice President and Director of Athletics

Reactions: fmrick

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
I have been back and forth about whether to purchase my 6 seats for the 2020-2021 season. I have decided, based on how the Athletic Dept. has handled the reseating, and payment for season tickets, not to spend the additional $3000 when you don't know if you have a chance to get your money back. I upped my contribution considerably in December only to find out later that $1500 ($250 per season ticket) was being applied to a new ticket contribution (No priority points, just a reduction in original contribution.) I am not going to throw good money after bad. Good luck to all. I hope this works out for everyone.
Are you an alum? Were you just giving to get seats? If so, I get it. I am getting 8. However, If I have to convert them to donations for net year so be it. I have been around over 20 years as donor, 30 years as a alum, and 45 years as a fan like most in my situation, I am not going any where.

Last edited:
May 29, 2020
I am an alum. If I were giving just to get seats I would give the minimum donation, Which isn't the case. How do you get 8 seats? My information says the max was changed to 6.

May 5, 2009
I am an alum. If I were giving just to get seats I would give the minimum donation, Which isn't the case. How do you get 8 seats? My information says the max was changed to 6.
Likely as a capital campaign member, he retains his seating privilege.

JDI

Insider
Apr 20, 2009
Believe if you had 8 last season you can keep them as long as you continue to renew each year. For new season ticket request the max is 6 starting this year..

Ram14

Top Member
Insider
Jun 20, 2011
Ticket office told me today that ticket price will not change even if there are fewer home games.
That makes sense because they have already charged folks who renewed and we have no clue how me games we purchased.

MrVCU - 6thRam

Top Member
Insider
Apr 29, 2009
Picked my seats today - smooth and easy process. I BELIEVE that another email will come out soon about opt out, refunds, etc.

I’m more and more optimistic about there being a season. As far as home games and fans allowed - who knows and I don’t think the Athletic Dept knows yet either - too many variables still.....

Mar 2, 2014
I am drawing a blank here. In the past i have been able to watch the seat selection in progress. Can't get there.

Reactions: rammad90