Reseating Thread

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
No, 4 is great. I was sour b/c I was in sect 25 row E for years. And then moved back each re-shuffle.
Section 4 is also where Mr Padow sits so I'll miss seeing him walk up the stairs. Tell him hey for me.
Will do. We have been in Secion 24 Row H & G 4 Each. I prefer aisle seats. Moved over to 4 to get some aisles. As my seats were gone when I picked and the only Aisles in 24 were in Q/R range. I could have done 24 J but all my ticket would have been consecutive 8 from outer aisle in.

In any event, it'll only be 3 years. We'll be back.

Reactions: ISwamRam
Feb 14, 2011
So everyone for the most part seems happy. The department did a good job with allowing freedom to choose all over the Stu and not hampering selections due to membership levels. Like my positivity today? I guess it is because it is almost Friday.
Giving this more thought....what happens next year, 21-22 season? Without specific donor sections, does this mean there will be no "maintain your level of giving" to renew the seats we just selected other than the $250 per seat donation?

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Giving this more thought....what happens next year, 21-22 season? Without specific donor sections, does this mean there will be no "maintain your level of giving" to renew the seats we just selected other than the $250 per seat donation?
You will be able to hold onto these seats until the next reseating.

VAHills

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2013
I think there is a rule to maintain your level to keep your seats. Side story, a family member and I are both RAF members. During the last reseating, we jumped up to directors society to try and get better seats. We wound up in bleachers. I stayed at directors, but he dropped it back down to black and gold since then. During this reseating, my pick was a whole day ahead of his. Both of us got section 23, albeit about 13 rows between us. His gamble to drop paid off pretty well for him.

Reactions: SpiderRAM

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
I think there is a rule to maintain your level to keep your seats. Side story, a family member and I are both RAF members. During the last reseating, we jumped up to directors society to try and get better seats. We wound up in bleachers. I stayed at directors, but he dropped it back down to black and gold since then. During this reseating, my pick was a whole day ahead of his. Both of us got section 23, albeit about 13 rows between us. His gamble to drop paid off pretty well for him.
I noticed when I was choosing that a lot of people placed a higher priority on getting aisle seats as opposed to the closest seats to the court as possible. If you don't mind sitting in the middle of a row you could have been several rows ahead of people that picked well in front of you.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Top Member
Mar 27, 2009
A good sports schism would be if every Div. 1 institition had a vote to choose to be a basketball or a football member in their conference. e.g. SEC Football Ala Au Fl Ga Lsu and basketball schools were Vandy Ut Sc Mizzou and so on. Some smaller schools might choose football over basketball and vice versa.

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
Are we thinking there will even be fans *sses in seats this season ?

I mean in the STU, and not just a smattering of social distanced, big donors. We're a month away, and Covid is as strong as it was months ago based on all the reports I've read, listened to seen.....

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013

I mean in the STU, and not just a smattering of social distanced, big donors. We're a month away, and Covid is as strong as it was months ago based on all the reports I've read, listened to seen.....
Personally I want more than anything to be on there. But we all know how foolish it would be until we can assure everyone permitted inside an enclosure like that has been immunized. The proof is literally everywhere.

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009

I doubt it. Most schools have less than 1,000 fans in 50,000+ seat outdoor stadiums for football games. I think there is a good chance that we don't even play in the Stu this season and that the season is played in 5 or 6 multi game "bubbles".

Reactions: Ramaholic and VCU85