Reseating Thread

Aug 7, 2012
I would venture a guess; the chances of refunding donations are about the same as them stopping beer sales.
Another option is that you could ask them to credit any increase in your donation to the following year. That should be more likely and would be the right thing for them to do. They could also throw in a few extra points.

Reactions: SpiderRAM and VCU85

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Another option is that you could ask them to credit any increase in your donation to the following year. That should be more likely and would be the right thing for them to do. They could also throw in a few extra points.
I think they were already given extra points for making donations early.

Mar 2, 2014
Maybe I am missing something? Are we saying we shouldn't re-seat because of the economy? Even if we don't re-seat you will still need to make a donation to get your old seats back right?
I hope we do re-seat, i think i can get better seats next year.

PhantomRam

Top Member
Apr 30, 2009
The economy as we know it today will cease to exist in 60 days or less. Ya might want to think about something more than reseating right now. The treasury is out of bullets and the paper they are pumping into the system will only do so much. God, I hope I am wrong.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2012
Maybe I am missing something? Are we saying we shouldn't re-seat because of the economy? Even if we don't re-seat you will still need to make a donation to get your old seats back right?
I hope we do re-seat, i think i can get better seats next year.
It’s both the economy and the fact that we have bigger fish to fry right now. A lot of people are going to have other things on their mind for a while. One of the main points of reseating is to ask people to increase their donations. This is not the time to be doing that.

Feb 14, 2011
It’s both the economy and the fact that we have bigger fish to fry right now. A lot of people are going to have other things on their mind for a while. One of the main points of reseating is to ask people to increase their donations. This is not the time to be doing that.
This whole thing is pretty fluid right now and no one can predict the future. That being said; it may be wise for the RAF to push the deadline for donations to at late as possible. May allow consumer confidence to get back to a little more "normal" level. (Who knows what the new normal will be)

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
With the economy in so many sectors getting ready to grid to a slow crawl, re seating is going to be difficult period. I've already seen a petition floating around to halt all rents, mortgages, etc. for 2 months at least.

I think this thing needs to be treated like an economic time out for everyone.

EDIT: One of Tom Clancys early books, Executive Orders maybe. Japan creates a war scenario tied to a toppling of the NYSE. The solution in the end after discovering the plot is to simply reset the stock market as if the event didn't occur. Simplistic maybe, but the concept is interesting.
Life imitates art ?

Last edited:

Ramaholic

Top Member
Mar 8, 2010
I hope VCU makes the right move for the thousands of fans and donors who have been crushed by this. I don't know what the correct move is. but I will be able to tell by the effect it has on the majority of the donor base and their response.
I am crushed and heartbroken by what I am seeing. I know how hard this is going to be for families and individuals. I hope we all band together, not just ramnation, but the whole country and help each other thru this.

Dec 2, 2012
With the economy in so many sectors getting ready to grid to a slow crawl, re seating is going to be difficult period. I've already seen a petition floating around to halt all rents, mortgages, etc. for 2 months at least.

I think this thing needs to be treated like an economic time out for everyone.

EDIT: One of Tom Clancys early books, Executive Orders maybe. Japan creates a war scenario tied to a toppling of the NYSE. The solution in the end after discovering the plot is to simply reset the stock market as if the event didn't occur. Simplistic maybe, but the concept is interesting.
Life imitates art ?
No way, people are not giving back the millions they made shorting.

Reactions: Ramaholic

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Reseating should be delayed a year. A lot of people are going to be hesitant or unable to pay their dues in the coming months. I don’t see a reason to go through this process right now.

ETA: After this season, it’s probably in their best interests to delay anyway.
Heel. I agree 100% and was thinking the same on both points.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Only if they are willing to refund part of my donation I made a month ago. Based on the reseating announcement and information they provided a few months ago, I increased my donation because I want to move sections. Changing the rules of the game as it's being played would really tick off a lot of people that give to the RAF well before the deadline.
They can work this is in on a case by case basis. Given this past year and what's going on in the world, I am thinking demand may be a bit less than expected.

Remember we expected to be a top25 team with a strong possibility of having a run in the NCAA tournament. We didnt expect to be a team that imploded with major injuries and guys leaving the team with others discussing it.

Teams typically do this because of demand and desire to squeeze, oh I mean generate more revenue from their fan base.

Does this feel like that season to others?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ramaholic
Dec 2, 2012
They can work this is in on a case by case basis. Given this past year and what's going on in the world, I am thinking demand may be a bit less than expected.

Remember we expected to be a top25 team with a strong possibility of having a run in the NCAA tournament. We didnt expect to be a team that imploded with major injuries and guys leaving the team with others discussing it.

Teams typically do this because of demand and desire to squeeze, oh I mean generate more revenue from their fan base.

Does this feel like the season to others?
Who left and who is discussing it?