Reseating Thread

Dec 2, 2012
You certainly do not owe anyone a reason why you have made your decision as a ticket holder this year. Make no mistake, covid 19 was a new challenge for all of us to understand and manage within our daily lives. That includes a university with a family of 32,000 +/- students, faculty and programs with the horrendous responsibility of determining how to plan the future of the academic and sports programs. It is not like they were give a manual on how to act during a pandemic. However, I have heard the complaints about the AD and lack of recognition of the fan base, other than the big donors.
All of college sports is going to face a shake up.

JDI

Insider
Apr 20, 2009
This is all that has been put out on the season ticket issue with Ed's signature on it. Do not confuse seat-related gifts with season ticket costs!!!!

May 29, 2020

Ram Fans,

In the event VCU must play men’s basketball games with reduced fan capacity in the Siegel Center, or if the NCAA or Atlantic 10 cancels the 2020-21 men’s basketball season, VCU Athletics will convert seat-related gifts to 100 percent philanthropic gifts to Athletics supporting our mission of providing a first-class student-athlete experience to our 300 student-athletes.

Donors who wish to have a refund of 2020-21 season ticket costs instead of donating them must make a request by January 1, 2021.

NOTE: Donations are not subject to refunds

July 15, 2020

If guidance from the Commonwealth of Virginia requires VCU to move to a limited capacity model, seats selected during the reseating in September of 2020 will transfer over to your account for the 2021-22 season for renewal. Based on the arena capacity permitted by the Commonwealth, we will use Ram Ranking and Priority points to determine access to season tickets for the 2020-21 season.

September 17, 2020

2020-21 Men’s Basketball Opt-Out Policy

VCU Athletics will offer donors the ability to opt out of their season tickets for the 2020-21 while still maintaining the ability to retain their seat selection for the 2021-22 season. In order to do so, please follow this process:

1. Participate in the 2020-21 reseating and/or renew your Capital Campaign, Club or Floor seats
  2. Select and pay for your 2020-21 season tickets to reserve them (payment plan or full payment)
  3. Opt out by emailing tickets@vcu.edu or raf@vcu.edu
  4. Information regarding ticket refunds will come from VCU Athletics following your renewal.
  5. You will maintain your seats for the 2021-22 season if you maintain the appropriate giving level.

Reactions: DisplacedRam

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Insider
Mar 21, 2017
All of college sports is going to face a shake up.

but here at VCU all we get is a shake down, I get no respect I tells ya

Last edited:
Reactions: VCU Finance 2008

RESRam

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
You certainly do not owe anyone a reason why you have made your decision as a ticket holder this year. Make no mistake, covid 19 was a new challenge for all of us to understand and manage within our daily lives. That includes a university with a family of 32,000 +/- students, faculty and programs with the horrendous responsibility of determining how to plan the future of the academic and sports programs. It is not like they were give a manual on how to act during a pandemic. However, I have heard the complaints about the AD and lack of recognition of the fan base, other than the big donors.
Define “big donors” please.

SZQ VCU

Top Member
Insider
Dec 5, 2012
Have parking passes gone on sale yet? They weren't an option at the time of reseating, were they?

May 19, 2015
Define “big donors” please.
Actually, I have seen the description used many times over the years. I was assuming it was a reference to corporate donors or $10k+ donors. I will confess that a definition of “big donors” is simply a guess as far as my definition.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
You know I dont think its even big donors. I think they like who they like and that's who they listen to and try to make happy.

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Other schools are allowing season ticket holders to push their season tickets to next year vs. receiving a refund. It just baffles me why VCU will not. Season ticket holders pushing their season tickets to next year locks in those sold season tickets for next year. Doing refunds does not.

And as someone suggested in a previous post, allowing season ticket holders to push their season tickets to next year is NOT a tax issue for VCU or the season ticket holder. For whatever reason, Ed and company just don't want to do it. And wait until they get swamped with refund requests, and then find out how much it's going to cost the athletic department to process all of those requests. And they better not be charging a service fee to the season ticket holders for processing those refund requests!
Moving the tickets from 2020-21 to 2021-22 would definitely be the easiest and cheapest thing for them to do if they were planning on fully refunding us. The fact that they are not offering this option tells me they are going to try to get away with not refunding all of our money.

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014
Giving level allows someone who gives is at a higher level than you to take your seats at the next reseating if the demand is there.
We're a group of 4, and we donated a little over 1k. To be able to purchase parking, we'd have to donate 2k. Again, someone in our party is elderly, and she really couldn't walk far. Parking was thus essential for us. That's why we'd have to up our donation by 1k.

Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM