Reseating Thread

SZQ VCU

Top Member
Insider
Dec 5, 2012
If you used the ticket site to buy your tickets the parking pass was an option on that site.

Actually, when I bought, it said they would be an option at a later date. I need to call the Ticket Office.

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Other schools are allowing season ticket holders to push their season tickets to next year vs. receiving a refund. It just baffles me why VCU will not. Season ticket holders pushing their season tickets to next year locks in those sold season tickets for next year. Doing refunds does not.

And as someone suggested in a previous post, allowing season ticket holders to push their season tickets to next year is NOT a tax issue for VCU or the season ticket holder. For whatever reason, Ed and company just don't want to do it. And wait until they get swamped with refund requests, and then find out how much it's going to cost the athletic department to process all of those requests. And they better not be charging a service fee to the season ticket holders for processing those refund requests!

You know they prob will. Not to mention the fact there was a service fee when we bought season tix, wasn't there? I assume that wouldn't be refunded either if people go to get refunds on their season ticket purchase.

Moving the tickets from 2020-21 to 2021-22 would definitely be the easiest and cheapest thing for them to do if they were planning on fully refunding us. The fact that they are not offering this option tells me they are going to try to get away with not refunding all of our money.

It's not just the cheapest, or the easiest... it's the smartest thing to do.

Prior to this reseating and this pandemic... weren't the # of season tickets purchased on a big downward trend the last couple years... for one reason or another?

Well what if, because of how Athletics is handling this situation.... we have fans that decide to get a refund for this season's tickets (that we prob won't be able to use anyway) and decide not to renew going forward as a result of how they are handling this... because its obvious Athletics doesn't give 2 $#!ts about a lot of their fans as long as they have $$$$ coming in.

Also, while the date to request a refund is currently Dec 31/Jan 1... The season starts before that (assuming there's no cancellations/delays due to Covid)... and who knows when our first home game will be, or how many home games we will have.... but when are they going to make the official announcement of whether or not there will be any fans allowed to attend games at all (outside of maybe family)?

I get they are prob waiting til the last possible moment to see if things clear up enough or the governor lifts the restrictions on how many people can be in a small venue... etc.... but imo they need to set a hard deadline of when they are going to make a decision... so that fans have enough time to request a refund.

Yet another reason... they should allow us to put our season tickets toward next season... because that would give Athletics more time to figure out if any fans are going to be allowed, and if so how many fans will be allowed into the STU.

Reactions: WestEndEd
Apr 20, 2009
because its obvious Athletics doesn't give 2 $#!ts about a lot of their fans as long as they have $$$$ coming in.
this, 100% this
I've heard it said, "that as California goes, so goes the country." They (California) are cancelling Thanksgiving - must gather outdoors, sit 6 feet apart, no indoor gatherings of over 10 people. You think there is going to be basketball with fans?

PuddinDaStunna

Top Member
Mar 8, 2010
California isn't allowing fans at NFL games, yet the majority of NFL teams are now allowing them. We are living in completely different countries right now, what's going on in CA only goes as far as states with similar political leanings. My guess would be 1k capacity for games based on current state rules. After accounting for teams/employees, etc you have to split 800 spots bt STH and students? Not much honey in that jar, but I suspect each donor gets a handful of games.

Reactions: Ramball and Newboy

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
California isn't allowing fans at NFL games, yet the majority of NFL teams are now allowing them. We are living in completely different countries right now, what's going on in CA only goes as far as states with similar political leanings. My guess would be 1k capacity for games based on current state rules. After accounting for teams/employees, etc you have to split 800 spots bt STH and students? Not much honey in that jar, but I suspect each donor gets a handful of games.

What you mean? You think they're gonna split it up so everyone gets to come to 3-5 games a piece or something?

If they allow any fans (outside of family members)... they've already said it would go based on Ram Ranking... just like the seat selection process. So if they let 1000 fans in... then they start at the top of the Ram Ranking... if Person #1 has 4 tickets... then there's 996 left, go to person #2 if they also have 4, then there's 992... & so on. And some people have more than 4 tickets, some have less.

But from my understanding, it's pretty much, you either get season tickets for all the games or none of the games... depending on what capacity limit we are at. And you know they're gonna make sure any families can attend.... so you gotta take that in to account as well.

No way are they going to split it up... and say "ok you can get tickets to 3-5 games only."

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
No way are they going to split it up... and say "ok you can get tickets to 3-5 games only."

NC State has for football. The state allows 4,000 at the football games. 2,000 tickets go to the students. Players' families are also allotted tickets. The remaining tickets were open to season ticket holders who converted their season ticket funds over to the Wolfpack Club. Those ticket holders then got to rank the home games in their individual order of preference and received up to 4 tickets and a parking pass to the highest selected game that was still available. If any tickets were remaining, then regular season ticket holders could purchase them on a game by game basis.

VCU could easily do the same thing by offering mini packages vs. the entire season, thereby accommodating more season ticket holders.

The problem with VCU athletics is there is absolutely no creative processes involved in the fiasco they have created. It's really sad that this is the best they can do.

Jul 14, 2011
NC State has for football. The state allows 4,000 at the football games. 2,000 tickets go to the students. Players' families are also allotted tickets. The remaining tickets were open to season ticket holders who converted their season ticket funds over to the Wolfpack Club. Those ticket holders then got to rank the home games in their individual order of preference and received up to 4 tickets and a parking pass to the highest selected game that was still available. If any tickets were remaining, then regular season ticket holders could purchase them on a game by game basis.

VCU could easily do the same thing by offering mini packages vs. the entire season, thereby accommodating more season ticket holders.

The problem with VCU athletics is there is absolutely no creative processes involved in the fiasco they have created. It's really sad that this is the best they can do.
I hate praising NC State in any athletic capacity but it really does seem like their AD has been killing it in their response to COVID. ED and the rest of the group could really take some notes from them.

JDI

Insider
Apr 20, 2009
We're a group of 4, and we donated a little over 1k. To be able to purchase parking, we'd have to donate 2k. Again, someone in our party is elderly, and she really couldn't walk far. Parking was thus essential for us. That's why we'd have to up our donation by 1k.
You have the option of dropping everyone at the SC, go park whereever and then do the reverse when the game is over.

Reactions: Ramdog

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014
You have the option of dropping everyone at the SC, go park whereever and then do the reverse when the game is over.
Or we could just keep our money and stop supporting the program, since you know as well as I do how hard the option you mentioned would be after the game.

Ramcounter

Top Member
Dec 7, 2011
We're a group of 4, and we donated a little over 1k. To be able to purchase parking, we'd have to donate 2k. Again, someone in our party is elderly, and she really couldn't walk far. Parking was thus essential for us. That's why we'd have to up our donation by 1k.
Have you looked at street parking along the Pulse corridor and taking the bus to the game over parking in the deck? That is what I have done in the past when I have taken an elderly family member to a game.

Reactions: SZQ VCU

JDI

Insider
Apr 20, 2009
Or we could just keep our money and stop supporting the program, since you know as well as I do how hard the option you mentioned would be after the game.
I don't see the problem after the game as they could wait in the SC until the car arrives to pick them up at the door. I also thought of the same option as Ramcounter. This is a case of "Where there is a will there is a way.

Dec 2, 2012
Wow, everoyne has really turned on the AD at this point.
He did not use the high times to build up lasting goodwill with the fan base.

On a side noet, what percentage would anyone guess comes fromthe top 1% of fans and what % comes from the rest of use bums?
Is the AD getting 90% of the money form the top 1% of the fans, and thats why they are the only ones they care about?

Rams4Life

Top Member
Insider
Nov 20, 2011
Our Athletic Department's donor relations are an absolute joke. I've been in very small pregame gatherings in other cities multiple times, VERY far from here, while ED and other top ranking AD members are there. They don't give a flying f@*# about interacting with donors or VCU fans other than the same big money donors they fraternize with at every gathering. They're too busy drinking instead of thanking the fans that traveled all over the place, that are the lifeblood of their program. Unless you go on the sponsored charter trips to away games, Ed and staff could care less about you. Most of those same big dollar donors don't do much for the atmosphere in the Stu on gamedays. It's all of the lower level donors that bring the heart and soul of that place. You would think our AD's office would have the common sense to recognize this and thank the fans that travel to support the teams. This says everything about the only thing they truly care about: $$$$$$

I love VCU and our student athletes, so I will never quit supporting my alma mater, but the top of VCU's Athletic Department has some serious morality problems. I'm fully aware of the fact the AD needs to keep the large chunks of money coming in. I understand the economics of it and the strategic plan to grow VCU Athletics. However, the way our Athletic Department treats most donors like they aren't sh!t as long as they keep forking over the money is disturbing.

TAEKWONDO

Top Member
Insider
May 22, 2019
I'm a long time VCU donor, but I'm not one of the big money VCU basketball donors. I constantly see Ed, and other athletic department individuals, in the meeting room for the Black & Gold members during dinner before every game, and he is friendly with all the donors. I recently e-mailed Ed about a concern I had, and he asked if I would like to meet with him to discuss my concern. I have a suggestion to all who have a problems with Ed, or the athletic department in general. Let them know about your problem, and ask to meet with them - they will meet with you and you don't have to be a BIG MONEY donor! Overall, and based on what is going on today with college athletics in general, I think our athletic department does a good job.