Reseating Thread

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Yeah but there have been multiple dates cited in official correspondence sent from the AD about what that cutoff date is.

EDIT: I am just going to try to find some time today to reach out to them and get some clarity on the subject.

I just e-mailed the ticket office and below is the response I got. Today is the deadline to opt out on season tickets, but there may be other windows to opt out depending on fans attending games.

The deadline to opt out is October 30th. Although, if there is a limited capacity and you are not included in that group you would still be able to receive a refund for your tickets. Also, if you were part of the limited capacity group, there would be another small window for you to confirm if you wanted to attend or opt out.

If you would like to opt out please fill out this form:

Click Here

Go Rams!

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Insider
Mar 21, 2017
I just e-mailed the ticket office and below is the response I got. Today is the deadline to opt out on season tickets, but there may be other windows to opt out depending on fans attending games.

The deadline to opt out is October 30th. Although, if there is a limited capacity and you are not included in that group you would still be able to receive a refund for your tickets. Also, if you were part of the limited capacity group, there would be another small window for you to confirm if you wanted to attend or opt out.

If you would like to opt out please fill out this form:

Click Here

Go Rams!

sweet, appreciate that Wolfpack! sounds like I'm good then.

In the very unlikely event that I am allowed to attend the games, it's all good. Otherwise will just get a refund I guess.

Ramaholic

Top Member
Mar 8, 2010
I just sent an email to opt out of the tickets.
I did the same. I don't think there will be a season with any fans. I also think this will decimate our (and most other schools) athletic departments. I do not want a wounded animal in charge of my money. I think the longer VCU has custody of your money, the more likely it is you will see it be converted to a philanthropic donation (without your consent) for this current year.

Last edited:

JDI

Insider
Apr 20, 2009
I sent an email to raf@vcu.edu yesterday at 9:33 am and the email for submitting the request for refund came back at 9:41 am yesterday.

Ram14

Top Member
Insider
Jun 20, 2011
I did not opt out, because once the seating is figured out we get another chance to opt out ( or are left out) and then can request a refund. It seemed a low risk to just wait. I see the likelyhood and being given my seats behind the bench as almost nil, therefore I will have the same opporutnity with more information to opt our or in. Covid sucks.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2009
@Ram14 Way To Go! I love the move!! Hopefully you will inspire many more who simply want to watch superior basketball in a superior building! #Ramball is the best and will probably be the best and biggest ticket in Richmond ever!

Reactions: Ram14 and Newboy

JDI

Insider
Apr 20, 2009
Wrong e-mail. tickets@vcu.edu is what you need to use.

If you want to opt out, click the link in my post above.
I guess you missed out on the email of 9/17/2020 that said:

2020-21 Men’s Basketball Opt-Out Policy

VCU Athletics will offer donors the ability to opt out of their season tickets for the 2020-21 while still maintaining the ability to retain their seat selection for the 2021-22 season. In order to do so, please follow this process:

1. Participate in the 2020-21 reseating and/or renew your Capital Campaign, Club or Floor seats
  2. Select and pay for your 2020-21 season tickets to reserve them (payment plan or full payment)
  3. Opt out by emailing tickets@vcu.edu or raf@vcu.edu
  4. Information regarding ticket refunds will come from VCU Athletics following your renewal.
  5. You will maintain your seats for the 2021-22 season if you maintain the appropriate giving level
Maybe I am just that important to the RAF.🤫

JDI

Insider
Apr 20, 2009
I did not opt out, because once the seating is figured out we get another chance to opt out ( or are left out) and then can request a refund. It seemed a low risk to just wait. I see the likelyhood and being given my seats behind the bench as almost nil, therefore I will have the same opporutnity with more information to opt our or in. Covid sucks.
The way things have gone this year with the AD sending out signed emails from Ed and unsigned emails explaining what the process is going to be and then changing it verbally whenever they wish, which is usually at the last minute, I decided to "strike while the iron is hot".

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
Huuuuge mistake to follow thru with the reseating after ticket sales were already down, the season fell apart, and Covid. You can throw all the other things out, and just let the covid issue stand. Horrible, horrible move.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Huuuuge mistake to follow thru with the reseating after ticket sales were already down, the season fell apart, and Covid. You can throw all the other things out, and just let the covid issue stand. Horrible, horrible move.
Well, most people that I have talked to upgraded their seating or kept their seats. The cost was the same so not sure why it was horrible.