Reseating Thread

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Insider
Mar 21, 2017
Awesome. I just purchased it as well, hopefully we get something soon, first ESPN+ game is Saturday.
Eventually (yesterday) I got a response from them that said -- "We should have that for you in the next day or so. We are getting the codes from ESPN and will pass them along."

Reactions: SpiderRAM

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Insider
Mar 21, 2017
You can't go wrong with this.

now that I actually received the email with the guidelines for the cutout looks like my plan is ruined --

We are unable to create cutouts that include the following: · Obscene, lewd, explicit, discriminatory, derogatory, violent, offensive, infringing, or otherwise inappropriate content. · Commercial advertisements, including sponsor names, logos, slogans, websites, and/or phone numbers. · Social media handles and hashtags. · Offensive or negative references to any other team. · Cutouts cannot be used to cheer on an opposing team. · Names, images, or likenesses of any players. · Statements or endorsements of political issues or candidates. · Third party logos/branding. VCU Athletics reserve the right to refuse any photos. If your photo is rejected you will be notified and will need to resubmit your photo.

Mar 2, 2014
now that I actually received the email with the guidelines for the cutout looks like my plan is ruined --

We are unable to create cutouts that include the following: · Obscene, lewd, explicit, discriminatory, derogatory, violent, offensive, infringing, or otherwise inappropriate content. · Commercial advertisements, including sponsor names, logos, slogans, websites, and/or phone numbers. · Social media handles and hashtags. · Offensive or negative references to any other team. · Cutouts cannot be used to cheer on an opposing team. · Names, images, or likenesses of any players. · Statements or endorsements of political issues or candidates. · Third party logos/branding. VCU Athletics reserve the right to refuse any photos. If your photo is rejected you will be notified and will need to resubmit your photo.
Man, no point in doing it now.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
I went ahead and got the virtual ticket package with the ESPN+ sub included assuming I would be sent an email outlining how to utilize that but all I got was a confirmation of the purchase and nothing else. Emailed and called the ticket office a few hours ago, left VM, no response 🤷‍♂️
I have ESPN+, FSN, CSN, and the SEC Channel. Do I even need any package?

Also, wouldn't have been cool if in consideration for letting the AD keep your ticket money for next years donation and/or also keeping the 250 ticket despot, they offered the lower tier plan at no charge?

I think that would have built a lot of good will.

Apr 20, 2009
I believe you need to look back around 20 or 25 years to see how the actions of a very small group of donors have impacted the program to where it is today. Not only did they do it with money (most weren't/aren't wealthy people) but they would go out and "Sell" the program. I have no ties to VCU whatsoever other than a long time supporter/donor would regularly give me his extra tickets, always selling me on me how good VCU would be in the very near future, I needed to get in before it was too late. Within a couple of years, I and my family became addicts and financial supporters for a couple decades now. No chicken and egg for me, without an effort from supporters and staff to build a program, culturally and monetarily, there likely would not have been a JC, AG, SS a F4, BB training center, the A-10 without these believers/dreamers. It seems this group hasn't forgotten the history, the history that most of the current department has little or no knowledge of.
Dr Trani was very invested in the program's success. I remember he and Northwood talking about renegotiating AGs contract the day after we beat Duke up in Buffalo..They came and sat at a table right next to me to discuss his contract. I think Capel made $125K his first year. And he was thrilled with that. Look where we are now. Maynor put us on the map with the Dagger to beat Duke. Shaka took us to the promised land just 4 years later. Its been a great ride. I think future success is right around the corner !!!

Apr 20, 2009
I have ESPN+, FSN, CSN, and the SEC Channel. Do I even need any package?

Also, wouldn't have been cool if in consideration for letting the AD keep your ticket money for next years donation and/or also keeping the 250 ticket despot, they offered the lower tier plan at no charge?

I think that would have built a lot of good will.
You do need the CBS Sports Network because several of our conference games will be shown on there.

Reactions: rammad90

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
I meant CBS Sports Network not CSN. Thanks a lot. The packages I was asking about were VCU's. Any value?

Only if you dont get MASN.... just about every game that ends up on ESPN+ (like the one today) will likely be on MASN or MASN2 like it has been in years past. Today's game is & I suspect most of the ones this season will be too.

Or unless you want all the extra stuff that comes with them.

Reactions: rammad90

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Only if you dont get MASN.... just about every game that ends up on ESPN+ (like the one today) will likely be on MASN or MASN2 like it has been in years past. Today's game is & I suspect most of the ones this season will be too.

Pretty sure the ODU game is on NBC SportsNet. Some other games might be on that channel as well and those games are not on ESPN+. They are streamed via the NBC Sports App or online at NBC SportsNet.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010

Nope good on the extra stuff. Once you get older unless it has a special meaning or it is true Memorabilia with some value, you really dont need or want the extra junk in your house.

Reactions: RowdyPkunk

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Pretty sure the ODU game is on NBC SportsNet. Some other games might be on that channel as well and those games are not on ESPN+. They are streamed via the NBC Sports App or online at NBC SportsNet.

The fodu game is also on the NBCSN channel on cable TV.

FYI, the LSU game is on the SEC Network. That's an ESPN platform, but not sure if it will be on ESPN+. ESPN+ is not listed on the VCU schedule for that game.