Reseating Thread

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Insider
Mar 21, 2017
saw someone mention on twitter that they noticed some sold seats at the arena today that the ticket holders did not show up for 🤬 so if anybody needs to unload a seat or two for one of these games please let me know haha

Hoos A Ram

Insider
Nov 5, 2009
The fodu game is also on the NBCSN channel on cable TV.

FYI, the LSU game is on the SEC Network. That's an ESPN platform, but not sure if it will be on ESPN+. ESPN+ is not listed on the VCU schedule for that game.

SEC Network won't be covered by ESPN+. Since it's an existing cable channel it will work through Watch ESPN if you already have the network through your normal package.

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Insider
Mar 21, 2017
I don't think the cardboard fans were there for the last game either as far as I could tell hopefully they show up for the next. My kid was eager to look for herself haha

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
I was told by someone in the ticket office that they would not be refunding the $250 per seat ticket fee even if you did not receive tickets and it would not carry over until next season. I was asked why it would not carry over for next season when we can actually purchase tickets, but they would not give me an answer. Has anyone else had any conversations with anyone about this?

Feb 14, 2011
I was told by someone in the ticket office that they would not be refunding the $250 per seat ticket fee even if you did not receive tickets and it would not carry over until next season. I was asked why it would not carry over for next season when we can actually purchase tickets, but they would not give me an answer. Has anyone else had any conversations with anyone about this?
I understand the only money being refunded or transfer to next season is the actual cost of the tickets and parking. Any donation related funds are not refunded or transferred to next season. I also understand the $250 per seat expense is not a fee but a donation (a benefit value). I assume VCU has consulted with tax consultants but not aware of any explanation to their supporters. To date, I'm not at all pleased with how the RAF and the AD handled any of this with their supporters. I get that theses are difficult times for everyone but actions or that lack thereof have consequences. It will be interesting to see what happens when it comes time for people to stroke those checks in a few months.

Reactions: VCU Finance 2008

ram

Nov 27, 2009
I understand the only money being refunded or transfer to next season is the actual cost of the tickets and parking. Any donation related funds are not refunded or transferred to next season. I also understand the $250 per seat expense is not a fee but a donation (a benefit value). I assume VCU has consulted with tax consultants but not aware of any explanation to their supporters. To date, I'm not at all pleased with how the RAF and the AD handled any of this with their supporters. I get that theses are difficult times for everyone but actions or that lack thereof have consequences. It will be interesting to see what happens when it comes time for people to stroke those checks in a few months.
I was told the same thing, so basically doubling the donation required to keep my four seats. After almost 30 years of season tickets, I bailed this year.

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Yeah, it seems that the $250 per seat ticket fee is all of a sudden no longer associated with tickets for this season or next but they want to keep the money any way. Maybe someone higher up on the donor chart than I am could ask why this is and actually get an answer from someone. I certainly don't plan on paying it again next season.

Reactions: Ramaholic

SpiderRAM

Top Member
Insider
Aug 17, 2014
I’ve completely lost interest in paying for season tickets in the future after the poor communication from the RAF & AD this season. I’ll probably change my mind when it comes time, but for now I’m satisfied with watching games on TV and listening to the radio broadcast.

JDI

Insider
Apr 20, 2009
Yeah, it seems that the $250 per seat ticket fee is all of a sudden no longer associated with tickets for this season or next but they want to keep the money any way. Maybe someone higher up on the donor chart than I am could ask why this is and actually get an answer from someone. I certainly don't plan on paying it again next season.
So you are not getting season tickets next year?

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I am pretty sure the $250 allowed me to select seats which will be honored next season.
I guess the big question would be why not hold off virtual seating until this upcoming season?

Reactions: Reddic-ulous
Jul 14, 2011
I am pretty sure the $250 allowed me to select seats which will be honored next season.
I guess the big question would be why not hold off virtual seating until this upcoming season?
Yeah the fact they rushed that forward in a time with such uncertainty baffles me. It forced people to make a blind payment in order to not miss out on getting the same or better seats. Now those people are going to be unhappy because they won’t recoup the money that they were told was tied to receiving a product that they will never receive.