Reseating Thread

Ramaholic

Top Member
Mar 8, 2010
Hopefully the vaccine will be the difference this time around. It will depend on how many get the vaccine and how that impacts case levels. I am optimistic as well, but not as optimistic as some who are just assuming that everything will be back to normal 7 months from now. The indoor attendance limit in VA is still only 250 so we have a long way to go to get to 7,600.
I do not think there is a snowball chance in heck we have normal attendance next fall/ winter. The Flying Squirrels are listing all sort of regulations for the summer baseball season for gen'l admission and suite rentals during the warm weather when spread is supposed to be at its lowest time for a yearly cycle. Nov-Feb will be cold/ flu season and there is still so much unknown about the mutations and vaccine efficacy. Cold and flu is just going to make interpreting the data that much more murkier.

Last edited:

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
I do not think there is a snowball chance in heck we have normal attendance next fall/ winter. The Flying Squirrels are listing all sort of regulations for the summer baseball season for suite rentals during the warm weather when spread is supposed to be at its lowest time for a yearly cycle. Nov-Feb will be cold/ flu season and there is still so much unknown about the mutations and vaccine efficacy. Cold and flu is just going to make interpreting the data that much more murkier.
Given current trends I could see VCU going with, say, 25% capacity when the season starts. That would be a good sized crowd (about 1,900), yet small enough to make social distancing manageable. It depends on how vaccinations go.

VCU Heel

Top Member
Aug 7, 2012
Hopefully the vaccine will be the difference this time around. It will depend on how many get the vaccine and how that impacts case levels. I am optimistic as well, but not as optimistic as some who are just assuming that everything will be back to normal 7 months from now. The indoor attendance limit in VA is still only 250 so we have a long way to go to get to 7,600.
I’m not as worried about cases as I am deaths, and the trendline in deaths has been moving in a very good direction the last 6 weeks. As of yesterday, 60% of Americans over 65 (the most vulnerable) have been fully vaccinated and more than 4.5 million people got vaccinated in one day (a new record). I’m extremely optimistic that we’ll be able to return to a very normal life well before basketball season.

VCU Heel

Top Member
Aug 7, 2012
I think we’re at a vaccination rate of 30%, and estimates of what we need to achieve herd immunity range from 70-85%. We’ve got a long way to go yet.
Herd immunity isn’t an all-or-nothing thing though. Even at 50% vaccinated we will see huge decreases in transmission rates... and more importantly, huge decreases in deaths. We’re vaccinating at an insanely fast pace and it’s speeding up each week. We should be able to vaccinate every single person in the country that wants the vaccine in the next 3.5-4 months (so, by August 1). And boosters should start becoming available by then for the people that were vaccinated earlier in the process. Even by May, I would expect death rates to start looking pretty good (relatively speaking). The trend for the last 6 weeks has been very encouraging.

Last edited:

Ram14

Top Member
Insider
Jun 20, 2011
we'll be at 100% by the season, you will see a big difference in restrictions by mid -May and likely after Memorial Day based on vaccinations, hosptitlitzations, and just the direction things are going. We won't be wating for this to disappear as it will never disappear. My opinion based on where we are here in early April and where I think we will be by June. November is a ways away and this is not like a year ago when we knew a vaccine "might be coming but not until near Christmas. We not only have it, but the numbers of vaccninated grows every minute. Don't forget that even thought the longevity of their immunity has yet to be determined, there is immunity level for those millions that have had it and that also slows the spread. Just keep using good judgement, get the vaccine and still use good judgement and we will be living a much different lifestyle.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
we'll be at 100% by the season, you will see a big difference in restrictions by mid -May and likely after Memorial Day based on vaccinations, hosptitlitzations, and just the direction things are going. We won't be wating for this to disappear as it will never disappear. My opinion based on where we are here in early April and where I think we will be by June. November is a ways away and this is not like a year ago when we knew a vaccine "might be coming but not until near Christmas. We not only have it, but the numbers of vaccninated grows every minute. Don't forget that even thought the longevity of their immunity has yet to be determined, there is immunity level for those millions that have had it and that also slows the spread. Just keep using good judgement, get the vaccine and still use good judgement and we will be living a much different lifestyle.
I got both of my vaccines. I gained the power of invisibility after my 2nd Moderna shot so I can see you when you can't see me. I will gladly give you a hug when I see you again. Don't be surprised when it happens. I will whisper in your ear.

Hoos A Ram

Insider
Nov 5, 2009
Has anyone that turned their ticket payment from last season into a RAF donation verified that that's been recorded? The letter I got last month reminding me of the May 15 deadline doesn't appear to have taken that into account.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Has anyone that turned their ticket payment from last season into a RAF donation verified that that's been recorded? The letter I got last month reminding me of the May 15 deadline doesn't appear to have taken that into account.
Can you elaborate on what you mean? Are you expecting it to be used for this season's donation? If so it was a donation for last year and you will need to donate again.

Reactions: mike7842

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yes...called to verify the with them and got them to send me a quick email confirming.

Hoos A Ram

Insider
Nov 5, 2009
yes. taxed as a donation for last year ...offset a portion of my donation for this year
That was my understanding as well. Shame on me for not following up with proper confirmation at the time. Good to see that I at least understood what was being offered.