Reseating Thread

Dec 2, 2012
we'll be at 100% by the season, you will see a big difference in restrictions by mid -May and likely after Memorial Day based on vaccinations, hosptitlitzations, and just the direction things are going. We won't be wating for this to disappear as it will never disappear. My opinion based on where we are here in early April and where I think we will be by June. November is a ways away and this is not like a year ago when we knew a vaccine "might be coming but not until near Christmas. We not only have it, but the numbers of vaccninated grows every minute. Don't forget that even thought the longevity of their immunity has yet to be determined, there is immunity level for those millions that have had it and that also slows the spread. Just keep using good judgement, get the vaccine and still use good judgement and we will be living a much different lifestyle.
Sorry, but we are nearing the peak amount of people who are willing to get vaxxed.
We are not going to get to herd immunity unless (unfourtantely) a lot of people die off.
This is something that could have been nipped in the bud 100% , and would ahve only cost us 0ne baskeball season, now it's going to have major impacts on at least three.
The longer this thing is allowed to linger and fester, the more deadyl the new variants wil be.

Last edited:
Reactions: NYCVCUfan
Apr 25, 2017
Sorry, but we are nearing the amount of people who are willing to get vaxxed.
We are not going to get to herd immunity unless (unfourtantely) a lot of people die off.
This is something that could have been nipped in the bud 100% , and would ahve only cost us 0ne baskeball season, now it's going to have major impacts on at least three.
The longer this thing is allowed to linger and fester, the more deadl the new variants wil be.
It is extremely sad to see so many who willfully ignore the science and stand on some misguided sense of "personal choice." They will have a high probability of contracting this virus (that doesn't give a rat's behind about your political leanings), spreading it to others and could well end up in the battle for their life.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2009
We should look to the example of the 171,000 that crossed our border in March, fully vaccinated*. A number verified by the US Customs Border Patrol that estimates will be between 500,000 - 800,000 will come in fiscal 2021. I mean if they can get fully vaccinated*, so can the rest of us.

* I added the part about "fully vaccinated" so not too sure about accuracy.

Dec 2, 2012
We should look to the example of the 171,000 that crossed our border in March, fully vaccinated*. A number verified by the US Customs Border Patrol that estimates will be between 500,000 - 800,000 will come in fiscal 2021. I mean if they can get fully vaccinated*, so can the rest of us.

* I added the part about "fully vaccinated" so not too sure about accuracy.
Are you blaming undocumented people for you not getting the the seats you want?

Apr 20, 2009
Nope. I was merely responding to the goal of herd immunity. If herd immunity is a goal, it would seem that we would require vaccinations before we turn loose 800,000 people throughout the country. Would that not be the kind and compassionate thing to do so that they don't end up in a battle for their life or do they get to make their own choice?

Reactions: RamDanFan
Apr 20, 2009
Some people on here sure do read (incorrectly) into things that people never posted. I never posted that undocumented people would get the seats I want, nor did I ever post that I would go to games unmasked and/or without vax.

I am only aware of five freedoms (speech, religion, press, assembly, and to petition the government). I know they have certain limitations. I'm going to take a break and go do some searching for the "freedom of sane people to not die of a prevantable (sic) disease."

GarseIronjade

Top Member
Nov 16, 2016
Sorry, but we are nearing the peak amount of people who are willing to get vaxxed.
There's no basis in fact for these statements.

The highest percent I have seen cited in any poll is 25% of population will refuse vaccinations. 32% are currently fully vaxxed. Lots of eligible and willing vaccinations yet to be administered. We're nowhere near peak.

Also, we don't need 100% vax rate. We need something like 67% if you accept the R0 of Covid is 3. That number is quite attainable given 75% of the population accepts the benefits of vaccine outweigh risks.

Nobody needs to "die off". What a ghoulish thing to say.

Apr 25, 2017
There's no basis in fact for these statements.

The highest percent I have seen cited in any poll is 25% of population will refuse vaccinations. 32% are currently fully vaxxed. Lots of eligible and willing vaccinations yet to be administered. We're nowhere near peak.

Also, we don't need 100% vax rate. We need something like 67% if you accept the R0 of Covid is 3. That number is quite attainable given 75% of the population accepts the benefits of vaccine outweigh risks.

Nobody needs to "die off". What a ghoulish thing to say.
San Francisco has close to 80% of its 65 and older vax and more than half of its adult pop vaccinated and rising

SteveMM

Top Member
Feb 1, 2016
I was talking to fellow season ticket holders at my son's high school soccer game last night. Our assumption for the upcoming season is that there will most likely still be reduced seating availability, at least at the beginning. I don't know what that reduction will be, but I'm sure they will allow far more than the 250 that could go to games last season. Right now the state allows 30% attendance indoors, or a cap of 500 attendees. That works out to 6.25% attendance at the Siegel Center. I find it hard to believe they wouldn't allow at least 50% capacity by November, particularly if Virginia continues to do a good job with vaccinations.

Also, I would expect we'll still be required to wear masks, unfortunately. I understand the requirement, but man is it uncomfortable to cheer for a basketball team while wearing a mask!

TAEKWONDO

Top Member
May 22, 2019
My wife and I were lucky enough to attend the VCU - Bonnies game this year. There was no excuse that in an arena that seats almost 8,000 that only around 250 people were allowed to be in attendance for that game. I'm fully vaccinated along with my wife for Covid , and at the age of 69 and 67 we expect to be in attendance at the Siegel Center for EVERY game for the coming year. After hearing for over a year "follow the science", we followed the science, and got vaccinated. There will be no excuse for not opening to full capacity this coming year, starting with the black and gold game!

Feb 14, 2011
It is extremely sad to see so many who willfully ignore the science and stand on some misguided sense of "personal choice." They will have a high probability of contracting this virus (that doesn't give a rat's behind about your political leanings), spreading it to others and could well end up in the battle for their life.

"So they say" it's highly likely a vaccinated person can't get, carry and/or transmit Covid 19. So where is the science when congress is at 20% capacity for the President's address all masked up, some wearing double masks. Our President that has a meltdown on TV because he can't find his mask but every person within 5000 feet of him is vaccinated AND wearing masks. We ignore the science of other countries that are very careful with vaccinating women that are pregnant or thinking about starting families or believing there are too many unknowns at this point to giving the vaccine to young children. The 2 biggest hurdles this country has with vaccines currently is; 1) Selective Science or Math isn't a thing. 2) Our leaders have given us no sense of security regarding trust.

Regarding tickets and folks that are on the fence with renewing; Speaking of lack or trust; the cost of a parking pass for this upcoming season STARTS at $500.00. ($35+ per game) I think they were $150 last year. One has to wonder what the cost of a season ticket will be set at this year, I guess they will let us know after the donations are received.

SpiderRAM

Top Member
Insider
Aug 17, 2014
"So they say" it's highly likely a vaccinated person can't get, carry and/or transmit Covid 19. So where is the science when congress is at 20% capacity for the President's address all masked up, some wearing double masks. Our President that has a meltdown on TV because he can't find his mask but every person within 5000 feet of him is vaccinated AND wearing masks. We ignore the science of other countries that are very careful with vaccinating women that are pregnant or thinking about starting families or believing there are too many unknowns at this point to giving the vaccine to young children. The 2 biggest hurdles this country has with vaccines currently is; 1) Selective Science or Math isn't a thing. 2) Our leaders have given us no sense of security regarding trust.

Regarding tickets and folks that are on the fence with renewing; Speaking of lack or trust; the cost of a parking pass for this upcoming season STARTS at $500.00. ($35+ per game) I think they were $150 last year. One has to wonder what the cost of a season ticket will be set at this year, I guess they will let us know after the donations are received.
Is it the parking pass costs $500? Or park pass eligibility starts with $500 donation?