Reseating Thread

RamDanFan

Top Member
Jan 19, 2015
I didn't think it mattered but Georgia seemed more lax than Florida but I was in a more rural area in GA and in the cities of FL (near Boca) I was in the eastern side of PA (north of Philly) the week before and most everyone was doing the mask/distance thing, even outdoors. I just find it interesting the differences in mentality depending on geography. The CDC news today is likely to be a game changer.

CDC code for vaccination encouragement as they don’t write the rules, the states do.

SteveMM

Top Member
Feb 1, 2016
CDC code for vaccination encouragement as they don’t write the rules, the states do.
Exactly. I keep pointing this out to people. Virginia still has a mask order in place, so the CDC announcement doesn't change anything for now. Businesses are supposed to be requiring masks, at the theoretical risk of losing their business license. We had a local restaurant that refused to mask up, and they eventually lost their liquor license. That was last summer, mind you, but I was pleasantly surprised that there were actually consequences.

Reactions: SpiderRAM

SteveMM

Top Member
Feb 1, 2016
So when is the governor going to follow the science?
He announced that they have always followed CDC recommendations for the state, and would be evaluating this latest announcement. Things don't turn on a dime in state government.

SteveMM

Top Member
Feb 1, 2016
Here's the thing, though: The people who were unlikely to get vaccinated are the same ones who were against mask wearing. I can't see how this CDC announcement changes much.

Reactions: SpiderRAM

Newboy

Top Member
Mar 2, 2014
Wait and see what happens in the states where they have lifted all of the mandates. What is another 2 or 3 weeks at this point? If there is a spike in cases, they will probably go back to square 1. Hopefully there won't be, and within a month we are released from wearing them.

RamDanFan

Top Member
Jan 19, 2015
Here's the thing, though: The people who were unlikely to get vaccinated are the same ones who were against mask wearing. I can't see how this CDC announcement changes much.

With the exception of minorities. Minorities are much more unlikely to get the vaccine than to wear a mask.

RamDanFan

Top Member
Jan 19, 2015

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
Wait and see what happens in the states where they have lifted all of the mandates. What is another 2 or 3 weeks at this point? If there is a spike in cases, they will probably go back to square 1. Hopefully there won't be, and within a month we are released from wearing them.
Virginia is now one of those. Governor Northam just announced no more mask mandate after midnight tomorrow, and all COVID restrictions will be lifted on the 28th. So here we go….

Reactions: SZQ VCU