Revised Seat Equity Plan now Delayed until Next Year

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Thank you for returning to the Stuart C. Siegel Center this season and continuing to support our VCU student-athletes. Your generosity as a member of the Ram Athletic Fund and a season ticket holder allows us to provide the best experience possible for our student-athletes. We thank you for your patience in navigating our return to normalcy this year and, although some aspects of game day do not match what we did prior to 2020, we know we will return to that pre-pandemic atmosphere with your help.

Since we announced changes to our seat equity plan at the start of 2020, we received feedback, questions, and comments from countless supporters. After careful consideration and evaluation, we have made the decision to return to the seat equity plan in place prior to 2020.

Under a revised seat equity plan for the 2022-2023 men’s basketball season, seat locations for season tickets will be based on Ram Athletic Fund giving levels. We eliminated the per seat donation of $250 and that entire fund. We included below in this letter a new projected seating chart that shows where each seat falls under this plan.

In order to fully execute a change in plan, we will reseat the arena bowl in the summer of 2022 with a deadline for your RAF contribution of May 13, 2022. Although we recently underwent a seat selection, we want to ensure that you can select seats based on both historical and current giving to the Ram Athletic Fund. We have open inventory for season tickets that will improve the seat location for many of our most loyal and dedicated fans. Reseating the entire bowl will ensure fairness for all of our fans. Once we have final information on benefits and hospitality for next year, we will send it to you immediately.

While we understand that a return to the old model may frustrate some fans, feedback to us has made it clear that the large majority of Rams supporters prefer this process. You can call a member of our Ram Athletic Fund staff at (804) 828-3863 for any questions or comments you may have about your specific donation and you can call the ticket office at (804) 828-7267 for any questions about your seat location or Ram Rankings. If you have questions regarding tax deductibility, we recommend consulting your tax advisor.

Thank you for all of your continued support.
Go Rams!

Ticket Timeline 2022-2023

May 13, 2022 - Donation deadline for 2022-23 season tickets.

June 15, 2022 - Seat selection appointments sent out. Donor ranked by class, and then points within class.

June 30, 2022 - All donations must be in to take part in reseating.

July 15, 2022 - Seat selection begins. Each giving level selects on a day in order of ranking. Payment for tickets begins after selection - payment plans available.

October 15, 2022 - Digital tickets sent.

November 1, 2022 - Season begins. Let's Go VCU!

*Timeline is subject to change
image_handler.aspx

ram-athletic-fund-giving.aspx

Last edited:

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Under a revised seat equity plan for the 2022-2023 men’s basketball season, seat locations for season tickets will be based on Ram Athletic Fund giving levels. We eliminated the per seat donation of $250 and that entire fund. We included below in this letter a new projected seating chart that shows where each seat falls under this plan.
This will make it a lot easier for people to be able to afford season tickets. Hopefully this comes with a price drop for the actual tickets.

Last edited:

xjohnx

Original Gangster
Elite Member
This leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.

Like many others, I wasn't happy with the change they made this past go-around, but I went into the process with the understanding that they would stay true to their word and hold the seats for 3-4 seasons.

If they want to go back to the old way, that's fine. Do it at the appropriate time, once this reseating has aged out. Changing the rules midway through after people have made commitments is garbage, IMO.

SteveMM

Elite Member
This will make it a lot easier for people to be able to afford season tickets. Hopefully this comes with a price drop for the actual tickets.
I hope so too. We have decided that after this year we're not doing season tickets anymore, and instead getting a couple of the ticket packages. If the prices for season tickets become more reasonable, I may change my mind.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
This leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.

Like many others, I wasn't happy with the change they made this past go-around, but I went into the process with the understanding that they would stay true to their word and hold the seats for 3-4 seasons.

If they want to go back to the old way, that's fine. Do it at the appropriate time, once this reseating has aged out. Changing the rules midway through after people have made commitments is garbage, IMO.
Yeah, it is a bummer. I like my new seats. Dammit.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Thank you for returning to the Stuart C. Siegel Center this season and continuing to support our VCU student-athletes. Your generosity as a member of the Ram Athletic Fund and a season ticket holder allows us to provide the best experience possible for our student-athletes. We thank you for your patience in navigating our return to normalcy this year and, although some aspects of game day do not match what we did prior to 2020, we know we will return to that pre-pandemic atmosphere with your help.

Since we announced changes to our seat equity plan at the start of 2020, we received feedback, questions, and comments from countless supporters. After careful consideration and evaluation, we have made the decision to return to the seat equity plan in place prior to 2020.

In order to fully execute a change in plan, we will reseat the arena bowl in the summer of 2022 with a deadline for your RAF contribution of May 13, 2022. Although we recently underwent a seat selection, we want to ensure that you can select seats based on both historical and current giving to the Ram Athletic Fund. We have open inventory for season tickets that will improve the seat location for many of our most loyal and dedicated fans. Reseating the entire bowl will ensure fairness for all of our fans. Once we have final information on benefits and hospitality for next year, we will send it to you immediately.

While we understand that a return to the old model may frustrate some fans, feedback to us has made it clear that the large majority of Rams supporters prefer this process. You can call a member of our Ram Athletic Fund staff at (804) 828-3863 for any questions or comments you may have about your specific donation and you can call the ticket office at (804) 828-7267 for any questions about your seat location or Ram Rankings. If you have questions regarding tax deductibility, we recommend consulting your tax advisor.

Thank you for all of your continued support.
Go Rams!

Ticket Timeline 2022-2023

May 13, 2022 - Donation deadline for 2022-23 season tickets.

June 15, 2022 - Seat selection appointments sent out. Donor ranked by class, and then points within class.

June 30, 2022 - All donations must be in to take part in reseating.

July 15, 2022 - Seat selection begins. Each giving level selects on a day in order of ranking. Payment for tickets begins after selection - payment plans available.

October 15, 2022 - Digital tickets sent.

November 1, 2022 - Season begins. Let's Go VCU!

*Timeline is subject to change
image_handler.aspx

ram-athletic-fund-giving.aspx
Now that I see the graphic, this is stupid.

I had talked to the ticket office about a month ago because we wanted to make a donation before the end of the year and couldn’t do it online. They told us they were reverting back to the old system and part of that was to get the season ticket holders closer to the court because lot of people hadn’t renewed their tickets the last 2 years. I was assuming we’d get a seating chart that moved the groups closer to the court but this map looks roughly the same as it was 5-6 years ago. Now, maybe there are all those donors still out there but I’m not going to be happy if my turn comes around to pick and there are tons of empty seats in front of me that I’m not able to choose from.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
I had talked to the ticket office about a month ago because we wanted to make a donation before the end of the year and couldn’t do it online. They told us they were reverting back to the old system and part of that was to get the season ticket holders closer to the court because lot of people hadn’t renewed their tickets the last 2 years. I was assuming we’d get a seating chart that moved the groups closer to the court but this map looks roughly the same as it was 5-6 years ago. Now, maybe there are all those donors still out there but I’m not going to be happy if my turn comes around to pick and there are tons of empty seats in front of me that I’m not able to choose from.
It would depend on what kind of season ticket holder that you are ($$$) if you want to sit near the court according to that graphic.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
It would depend on what kind of season ticket holder that you are ($$$) if you want to sit near the court according to that graphic.
They’re essentially reverting back to donor level being more important than priority points (i.e. newer, bigger donors favored over longtime, lower level donors that have given more total money through the years). This will make my seats considerably worse and IMO will leave even more empty seats in the prime areas. There’s no way they have enough $10,000 donors to fill those red seats.

I think I’m done… which would also give me no incentive not to lower my giving level to the lowest amount needed to keep my account open. And, honestly, if I’m not going to the games, then I may just stop watching altogether.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
They’re essentially reverting back to donor level being more important than priority points (i.e. newer, bigger donors favored over longtime, lower level donors that have given more total money through the years). This will make my seats considerably worse and IMO will leave even more empty seats in the prime areas. There’s no way they have enough $10,000 donors to fill those red seats.

I think I’m done.
Here is the thing...with the $ for premium seating they are not going to sell those. What will happen is that premium seating will end up being passed on to single ticket purchasers. Then the people that did pay for season tickets will have single ticket purchasers in premium seats. It is easy to figure this out. Season ticket holders that pay big bucks will be upset. This is not a good look going to reseating two years in a row. Bad decision in my eyes.