Revised Seat Equity Plan now Delayed until Next Year

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
I kinda think you are talking 2019-2020 that had about every injury (physically, emotionally, and mentally ) that undermined great hopes and ended with a fragment of the team that never got to tip off in the A-10 due to Covid. The 2018-19 team didn't enter with high expectations but the defense was pinpoint and we went on a tear through the conference and all was good until Evan's got injured in Brooklyn then played hobbled vs The Giant Tako and crew. correct me if I am wrong.
Pretty sure he is talking about the following season with a senior laden squad and Bones as a freshman.

Mistachill

Elite Member
Egos. The team was full of them which their families stroked. When those players didn’t get the ball like they wanted or the playing time they took it to social media and their families lashed out on coaches publicly. Players got into Twitter wars with fans being critical of the team’s play. You had families of players literally saying our coaches were idiots on Facebook VCU groups. I’ve seen some toxic teams and been part of some in my time but that was another level. I hope I never see that again here.

Don’t get me wrong we’ve had some big egos at VCU but they put them aside for the team.
Yet somehow that team managed to be 16-5 at one point and then imploded to finish the season 2-8. You have to have some serious problems to throw a successful season in the tiolet over ego and pettiness.

Ramcounter

Elite Member
I kinda think you are talking 2019-2020 that had about every injury (physically, emotionally, and mentally ) that undermined great hopes and ended with a fragment of the team that never got to tip off in the A-10 due to Covid. The 2018-19 team didn't enter with high expectations but the defense was pinpoint and we went on a tear through the conference and all was good until Evan's got injured in Brooklyn then played hobbled vs The Giant Tako and crew. correct me if I am wrong.
You are correct and I edited my post. That is what I get for not looking things up before posting.