Revised Seat Equity Plan now Delayed until Next Year

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
This thread has really gone in the crapper! Golf outings are "voluntary" fund raisers. The goal is to "raise" funds. Posters on these boards complaining about the fee being $150 per person clearly do not play much golf, if any. For a "fund raiser", $150 is pretty standard to play an average course - if you want to raise any funds.

You guys just need to let it go. VCU has been doing golf outing fund raisers since Dick Sander was the VCU AD. If it's too rich for your blood, then so be it. Golf is not a cheap sport, but is used frequently as a fund raiser. VCU is no different than any other D1 university when it comes to golf outing fund raisers.

This thread has really gone in the crapper! Golf outings are "voluntary" fund raisers. The goal is to "raise" funds. Posters on these boards complaining about the fee being $150 per person clearly do not play much golf, if any. For a "fund raiser", $150 is pretty standard to play an average course - if you want to raise any funds.

You guys just need to let it go. VCU has been doing golf outing fund raisers since Dick Sander was the VCU AD. If it's too rich for your blood, then so be it. Golf is not a cheap sport, but is used frequently as a fund raiser. VCU is no different than any other D1 university when it comes to golf outing fund raisers.
-I play twice a week atleast. Part time member with RNK/Vinitierra. Member of VSGA VIP. I spent last week playing courses in MB. Not a single one was over 110 and that area is home to atleast three top 100 courses not to mention a total vacation area which are more expensive. Please go on about not playing at all. heck a person could go play CCV for 90 on a weekday.

-It’s about how they organize it. It’s lazy. You don’t allow solos (Which is stupid as they are obviously desperate for money apparently with trying to keep it any way possible whether begging to keep refunds or using a ladder for stairs.). They don’t even try to reach a larger part of the fanbase. They don’t organize it according to posters here who did it for them. It seems to me it’s just more half butt effort. Other schools offer discounted rates to students, alum, etc at golf courses they affiliate with. VCU athletics literally built first tee Richmond(There’s black and gold markers everywhere.) and do you see them do that? Honestly VCU as a whole doesn’t show great love to it’s alum. It’s known they barely hire them. @WillWeaverRVA was talking about that one day. You could put a hundred apps in with them and they throw right in the trash. When was the last time VCU and VCU athletics did something for its students, alum, etc besides beg for money via envelope ,email and or phone?

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
-I play twice a week atleast. Part time member with RNK/Vinitierra. Member of VSGA VIP. I spent last week playing courses in MB. Not a single one was over 110 and that area is home to atleast three top 100 courses not to mention a total vacation area which are more expensive. Please go on about not playing at all. heck a person could go play CCV for 90 on a weekday.

-It’s about how they organize it. It’s lazy. You don’t allow solos (Which is stupid as they are obviously desperate for money apparently with trying to keep it any way possible whether begging to keep refunds or using a ladder for stairs.). They don’t even try to reach a larger part of the fanbase. They don’t organize it according to posters here who did it for them. It seems to me it’s just more half butt effort. Other schools offer discounted rates to students, alum, etc at golf courses they affiliate with. VCU athletics literally built first tee Richmond(There’s black and gold markers everywhere.) and do you see them do that? Honestly VCU as a whole doesn’t show great love to it’s alum. It’s known they barely hire them. @WillWeaverRVA was talking about that one day. You could put a hundred apps in with them and they throw right in the trash. When was the last time VCU and VCU athletics did something for its students, alum, etc besides beg for money via envelope ,email and or phone?

Two points.

When you play weekly golf, you are not playing in a fund raiser. That's why your green fees are much cheaper. They call it a fund raiser for a reason. I have put together numerous golf outing fund raisers and I can tell you it's almost not worth it unless you are charging $150 per person to play an average course where you can keep your expenses down. And as I stated earlier, VCU has been putting on annual golf outing fund raisers since Dick Sander was here that are similar to what they put on now.

VCU does not own First Tee. VCU did build a dedicated practice facility for the golf team at the City of Richmond location, but the practice facility is NOT for public use, just like the BDC is not.

that is a shame, now our resident screeching toddlers will have to find something new to nancy about
Could be worst. We could be that person who makes excuses for every single bad thing that happens in a game. “The floor was too shiny.” “The ball is too big.” “Ace didn’t eat his pre game sandwich.” “The guy in the 4th row was crunching in his popcorn too loudly.” “California had a earthquake which shook the rim on the free throw.”

Two points.

When you play weekly golf, you are not playing in a fund raiser. That's why your green fees are much cheaper. They call it a fund raiser for a reason. I have put together numerous golf outing fund raisers and I can tell you it's almost not worth it unless you are charging $150 per person to play an average course where you can keep your expenses down. And as I stated earlier, VCU has been putting on annual golf outing fund raisers since Dick Sander was here that are similar to what they put on now.

VCU does not own First Tee. VCU did build a dedicated practice facility for the golf team at the City of Richmond location, but the practice facility is NOT for public use, just like the BDC is not.

My point still stands. Obviously it’s not bringing many people (Maybe 5 for CCV? Maybe 10-15 for Hunting Hawk if that?). Perhaps a new strategy to get more outreach? Things get stale. That’s VCU athletics to be honest. They are stale and they rely on others to try to make things interesting. Look back at when events happened under Shaka that was him and Maya. This athletics doesn’t relate to the current fanbase. That much can confirmed by the attendance at games, events, etc

Also the point remains that VCU could do more for its relations as far as alum as a whole. If I see a letter from them it’s just some sad story Sarah McLaughlin eyes of a angel style and a envelope requesting money.

RESRam

Insider
Two points.

Many moons ago I had the opportunity to play in a VCU 4some with Dock Sanders. He’d holler “ miracle bounce” when one of our many tee shots went awry into the trees. It was a wonderful time and not for one minute did any of us think our “green fee” for the tournament was what we would have normally paid to play the course. The “premium” was the opportunity to play with with the VCU golf team and with VCU “celebs”.?Geez.

Hopefully next time I look here it will be about reseating. Does VCU really think they can get that many 10K + donors to fill all those seats?

Ramcounter

Elite Member
Do you think returning to that point is on the AD, coach or both? I guess the obvious answer is both. If so, the two have been together for five years now. How much more time do you think it is going to take? Like I've said before, its not like we were Kentucky and basically had to rebuild from scratch.
Does anyone actually know what the expectations are from MR on a year in year out basis? It is hard to judge anything if you don’t have a baseline to compare it to.

Ramball

Elite Member
Insider
Play in the VCU golf fundraiser every year and it's one of my favorite golf fundraisers to play in. For the foursome it cost $600 and no solo signup.