Rhoades - Year 4

May 4, 2012
He didn't reply to you or name you.

This is yet another example of you getting offended at a generic post that does not address or impugn you, making a general statement about the forum.

You always assume any post about trolls or people creating conflict are specifically addressed to you.

There is an elegantly simple explanation for your defensiveness.
Righto... you cant argue my point.

Feb 14, 2011
Explain how i can transfer my degree and years of my life to a different school please.
This is not as simple as changing what brand of cereal i choose to buy.
I was generalizing and was not directed at anyone, including you. I don't have a degree from VCU and I've supported VCU athletics the best I could with pride, class and integrity for somewhere around 25 years, through the good and bad.

There has been many old time fans/supporters that have set the fan bar but if I had to pick just one "Super Ram Fan Hero" it would be the late Dr. Hunt. I didn't know him or his Wife all that well but they we the couple I looked at and thought "now those are real fans". Except for yelling at officials and the "should have called a TO" or "why did he do that, that's not his shot" stuff, I've never heard real negative comments from them. I think the "vibe" on this forum has gotten so far from what most of the old timers would approve of. The only people that can clean up this place is ourselves.

May 4, 2012
I was generalizing and was not directed at anyone, including you. I don't have a degree from VCU and I've supported VCU athletics the best I could with pride, class and integrity for somewhere around 25 years, through the good and bad.

There has been many old time fans/supporters that have set the fan bar but if I had to pick just one "Super Ram Fan Hero" it would be the late Dr. Hunt. I didn't know him or his Wife all that well but they we the couple I looked at and thought "now those are real fans". Except for yelling at officials and the "should have called a TO" or "why did he do that, that's not his shot" stuff, I've never heard real negative comments from them. I think the "vibe" on this forum has gotten so far from what most of the old timers would approve of. The only people that can clean up this place is ourselves.
VCU became my alma mater in '77 and i was a fan before that as my older brother is also an alum. So we both have a long history with the school. But im sure you can see that just flipping some switch when we are down just isnt an option for me.
As you observe we've been here through good times and bad. But we're still here. Coaches come and go, players come and go. We remain and we abide.

Reactions: Newboy

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010

I did know Dr. & Mrs Hunt (Honey but I could never bring myself to calling her that as Dr. Hunt was a former Prof.). You are correct they were both Superfans and both Class Acts.

However, there are others out there who are Super fans as well fmrick, Hook, Bobby (who has since passed) and others who predate me and I have been on the bandwagon since the late 70's as a kid and the early 90's as donating alum, who still are great fans.

I think what you notice now is a few posters who are hateful, a few who really think that part of being a fan is being obnoxious (blame shock jocks and reality tv), and some who are just unhappy people.

Rest assured there are good no great people on this board and whether we disagree (however vigorously) we still respect our fellow alum and/or fans. It's always stuck me as odd when people take what is written on these boards so personal such that they hold grudges long after they hit the last key stroke.

Me I dont block, ignore, but more importantly give a darn about anyone who spews negativity. I am guessing that you and the majority of people on this board are the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: PRock and CAAFan66

Steve Roadcap

Top Member
Oct 18, 2015
VCU became my alma mater in '77 and i was a fan before that as my older brother is also an alum. So we both have a long history with the school. But im sure you can see that just flipping some switch when we are down just isnt an option for me.
As you observe we've been here through good times and bad. But we're still here. Coaches come and go, players come and go. We remain and we abide.
VCU became my alma mater in ‘75 And I have too endured the ups and downs (fortunately more ups than downs) thru the years. I am not a fair weather fan by any means and my loyalty has not waned during the low times. The program is on a good footing with outstanding BB facilities and a loyal following. In my years at VCU I got to know quite a few of the team members who were all great guys. I do long for a return to the status that we achieved in 2011; what a great run. Where ever I have traveled across the U.S. I have always received favorable comments about the team and style of basketball the team plays. A lot to be proud of I would say. Hoping the 2020/2021 team can far exceed expectations.