Rhoades - Year 4

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
Get box score updates on the VCU Rams vs. Michigan Wolverines basketball game. https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=330820130
via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app

Amen!!!!

Glenn Robinson III and Mitch McGary went 17-19 on 2 ptrs. Mostly dunks and layins from trey burke leap passes and give n go's for 40 minutes!!

Open 3's from the short corner!!

Shaka never adjusted...kept right on pressing.

How is that good?

Anybody debating and willling to risk the urge to gouge out their eyes at this performance can go back and rewatch the game

I just rewatched UVA get absolutely run out of the gym by 16 seeded UMBC...Bennett never adjusted... he sucks as a coach

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
Tony Bennett = 1 poorly coached NCAA game.

VCU coaches = I lost count.
Well I’m sure VCU owes you an apology that for making the tourney just about every year for a decade and throw in a final four from a mid major program just ain’t good enuff...
Jesus man I know this year sucked but man you might want to find a blue blood to root for or you will have a miserable life as a basketball fan

Reactions: vcumad

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Get box score updates on the VCU Rams vs. Michigan Wolverines basketball game. https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=330820130
via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app

Amen!!!!

Glenn Robinson III and Mitch McGary went 17-19 on 2 ptrs. Mostly dunks and layins from trey burke leap passes and give n go's for 40 minutes!!

Open 3's from the short corner!!

Shaka never adjusted...kept right on pressing.

How is that good?

Anybody debating and willling to risk the urge to gouge out their eyes at this performance can go back and rewatch the game

Do you think it was SS or maybe the players. You guys are tiring.

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
Well I’m sure VCU owes you an apology that for making the tourney just about every year for a decade and throw in a final four from a mid major program just ain’t good enuff...
Jesus man I know this year sucked but man you might want to find a blue blood to root for or you will have a miserable life as a basketball fan
Huh? I've been one of the most positive posters on here while others were screaming doom about last season and bashing Rhoades. I've been one of the few saying "things aren't as bad as they seem, everything will be fine" every chance I get, while your peers were panicking. And that's how I still feel.

Reactions: KentuckyRam

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Do you think it was SS or maybe the players. You guys are tiring.
In this case, it was more MSS. Earlier in the same season, Michigan had decisively handled another pressing team: Mike Anderson's Arkansas team.

I visited Michigans forum before the vcu game. Their fans weren't concerned about the vcu game

Hit Mcgary with easy layins and kick it 2 staukis and Robinson for wide open 3's.

that is what happened exactly. Shaka and staff got out coached.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
In this case, it was more MSS. Earlier in the same season, Michigan had decisively handled another pressing team: Mike Anderson's Arkansas team.

I visited Michigans forum before the vcu game. Their fans weren't concerned about the vcu game

Hit Mcgary with easy layins and kick it 2 staukis and Robinson for wide open 3's.

that is what happened exactly. Shaka and staff got out coached.
Give it a break. Please why not accept the fact that we lost to a better team.

Reactions: DisplacedRam

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Give it a break. Please why not accept the fact that we lost to a better team.
We did lose to a better team but we were outcoached too. That is the reason why we got blown out instead by losing by 5 or 10.pts.

just a fact.

McGary was getting his 4th start of the season and scored 10-11 on fast break dunks and layins with a absolutley no resistance at the rim. Most of which were assists from Trey Burke.

McGary had a career game!

Anybody who watched enough big 10 play that year already understood that McGary had no post up game; he got most of his points came off putbacks, dunks and tip ins around the basket.

As a matter of fact, Michigan was ranked last in the big 10 in rebounding that year before the tournament.

If Shaka decides to pull back the press and guards Michigan man to man and force McGary post up Reddic then we neutralize Michigan's inside game, force the Wolverines into becoming a jump shooting team and get stops.

Last edited:
Reactions: LQuarles

GuardTheArc

Top Member
Dec 4, 2014
Before we get to (future) recruiting, it's time to "baseline" this and next yr's roster a bit (realistically where/at what level each player probably "should have been playing" in D-1). Recruiting and roster building is full of hits, misses, and miscalculations (quite frankly, that's what talent evaluation and player development is all about). It’s the difference between dancing or watching it on TV.

2019-20 Roster (appropriate level)
Evans - VCU
Jenkins - VCU
Simms - Georgia St/Stetson/Mercer
Crow - New Orleans/Tulane/Florida Atlantic
Vann - Maine/Northeastern
Douglas - Rice/Charlotte
MSS - VCU
Curry - Radford/James Madison
Williams - VCU (or Ohio/Wright St)
McAllister - TBD (need more data)
Ward - VCU
Hyland - VCU
Clark - TBD (need more data)

2020-21 Roster (appropriate level)
Douglas - Rice/Charlotte
MSS - VCU
Curry - Radford/James Madison
Williams - VCU (or Ohio/Wright St)
McAllister - TBD (need more data)
Ward - VCU
Hyland - VCU
Clark - TBD (need more data)
Brown-Jones - TBD
Baldwin - TBD
Banks - TBD
Watkins - TBD

Heading into 2020-21, it's difficult to assess needs and plan properly with so many borderline/unknown A-10-quality kids on the roster. Notice there's not one kid on either roster that, IMO, should definitively be playing at a "higher" level. Now compare that to the Reddic, B. Burgess, Graham, Weber, Johnson, JQ, Daniels, Theus, Alie-Cox, Sanders, Maynor, Shuler, Skeen, Shannon, Larrier, Doughty, Billbury, Tillman era.

So much player acquisition/development work to do............

Last edited: