Rick Barnes Out at Texas

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
Maybe it helps site stats by upping traffic (on another page, since the main bball page already gets a lot), and therefore it might help this enterprise we all rely on.
Or maybe somebody is paranoid about talk about Shaka being mentioned in connection with job openings and overreacted? Which is fine, just don't say it was about the subject being off topic.

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
And yet the moderators left the Mason coach thread and the Fordham coach thread on the "Men's Basketball" page for days. Where is the logic in that?
And I think the Mason/Fordham situations are completely "on topic" and should be on the main board. Anything affecting the quality of the league is relevant to VCU basketball in my opinion.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
And I think the Mason/Fordham situations are completely "on topic" and should be on the main board. Anything affecting the quality of the league is relevant to VCU basketball in my opinion.
That's my point. If you are going to leave them on the main board, then ANY discussion that involves Shaka should remain on the main board.

Pavarotti

Nation Donor
Insider
Feb 9, 2009
We had fans tell Norwood he could stay if he fired Shaka and hired one of those same assistants.

Reactions: VRam

vcumcvram

Top Member
Apr 7, 2010
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/106805/bold-predictions-for-2015-16

Shaka Smart struggles in his first season at Texas: Toward the end of his tenure at Texas, Rick Barnes didn't have a talent problem, he had a culture problem. The chemistry was off. He couldn't get everyone on the same page. That's why he had so many highs and lows. Smart will need time to fix that. Yes, he has to snatch top recruits, but he also has to establish his system, style and culture. That won't be easy in his first season at Texas. There are a bunch of repairs that need to be made at Texas that Smart can't address in one season.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
NCAA Violations on the way for Texas??? Investigations underway for Academic misconduct. Plus, sounds very similar to the case against UNC.
http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2015/06/10/texas-rick-barnes-academic-misconduct-allegations

First, Kenny goes to UNC knowing they are under investigation. Now (I assume), Tevin Mack finds out about Texas' alleged violations after committing. Jordan Murphy better be asking some questions...
If Minn is cheating and they are no better than they are they have a real problem;)