Road to the 2020 A10 Tournament in Brooklyn

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
I mean I can understand why he feels that way. At this point I am also worried that they might lose the last four although they should beat GW at the Stu. At this point I hope Evans sits until he is healthy for a Brooklyn last ditch run attempt.
I understand how he feels, I just can’t take a fan of a blue blood seriously if he says he roots for a mid major program like VCU. That’s why I called him Tar Hole. It’s somewhat immature, but I’m pissed off right now like a lot of us and he seemed like an easy target.

Aug 7, 2012
I understand how he feels, I just can’t take a fan of a blue blood seriously if he says he roots for a mid major program like VCU. That’s why I called him Tar Hole. It’s somewhat immature, but I’m pissed off right now like a lot of us and he seemed like an easy target.
I have 4 degrees from VCU. How many do you have?

SZQ VCU

Insider
Dec 5, 2012
Not going this year. I decided after the GMU loss. Taking a vacation to Nashville instead in May. Still, I have vacation time scheduled off for Thursday/Friday, and I'll be at home in my favorite chair to cheer them on!

Reactions: SpiderRAM

AlienAiden

Insider
May 3, 2012
He went to VCU and grew up a Tarheel fan. Heck, before VCU came on my radar I used to root for Syracuse. I gave that up though :lol: I just liked the Pearl. I enjoyed the old Big East back then.

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
He went to VCU and grew up a Tarheel fan. Heck, before VCU came on my radar I used to root for Syracuse. I gave that up though :lol: I just liked the Pearl. I enjoyed the old Big East back then.
I’m definitely the one in the wrong, I won’t deny that. I just don’t understand how people can show allegiance to more than one team in a sport, but maybe that’s just me. Sorry Heel.

On the topic of this thread, let’s hope Duquesne and Davidson lose. Since the 4 seed is extremely unlikely, let’s shoot for the 6 or 7 seed. Winning a game next week vs UMass will be a start.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
I’m definitely the one in the wrong, I won’t deny that. I just don’t understand how people can show allegiance to more than one team in a sport, but maybe that’s just me. Sorry Heel.

On the topic of this thread, let’s hope Duquesne and Davidson lose. Since the 4 seed is extremely unlikely, let’s shoot for the 6 or 7 seed. Winning a game next week vs UMass will be a start.
Not sure how old you are, but being a die hard VCU fan/graduate and then paying for two kids to go to NC State will force you to have allegiance to more than one school. And, you know what. VCU and NC State never cross paths in basketball, so it really isn't a struggle to root for both schools.

And to give you another example. Did you think Ed Sherod was not going to root for fodu when his son, EJ, played at fodu, or not root for fur now while his grandson, Nick, is playing for fur?

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
I just don’t understand how people can show allegiance to more than one team in a sport, but maybe that’s just me.
Sometimes it's family that causes that, or it could just be a simple thing of growing up liking one team... but then you end up going to another school so you pick up another team.

Or it could be like me... I pull for VCU & Florida.... for a couple of reasons. 1 big one being, that VCU does not have football. I enjoy watching Florida Football... and also enjoy watching their basketball team too. Then I ended up getting into VCU, and who was the coach the year I was applying for schools? Anthony Grant.... and where did he come from.... Florida. Also, really liked Billy Donovan as a HC, and always hoped that if AG had left VCU (which he did), the only job he'd go & take would be Florida, if and when Billy Donovan went to the NBA.

And still to this day I pull for both schools.... and just like WR said about NC State & VCU.... they pretty much never cross paths... so I got nothing to worry about. Though I would prob pull for VCU if they did, since clearly I have more connections to VCU than I do Florida.

Reactions: RamCrazy