T-11. La Salle- 13-13 (4-10)
T-13. Fordham- 7-19 (1-13)
T-13. Saint Joseph's- 5-22 (1-13)

Dr Joe

Top Member
Insider
Oct 12, 2017
Davidson beat Rhode Island? Sheesh.
I watched most of that game and both teams seem to want the other team to win by the mistakes they made at the end (except for Fats hitting the three that tied the game). A thought crossed my mind. Is Bob McKillop a good coach? I would think most of us would say yes. They were picked to come in 2nd or 1st in the A10. But Davidson is now 14 and 12. They have lost to both George Washington and St. Joes in Conference. They lost two potentially key contributors. We lost to GMU. We are currently 17 and 10. We basically lost our best player to injury most of the season and, until recently, a key contributor most of the season to injury. My expectations were sky high coming into the season but I thought we would have a 100% ME and a 100% Williams to help MSS underneath. I agree something appears to be wrong compared to how hard the team played in Florida regardless of the losses. But when you lose two key players or they play injured most of the season I suppose expectations needed to be adjusted. Just a thought, sure we could have expected others to step up and I think they did but not consistently. Only time will tell but I do believe we will be fine in the long run. Go RAMS, get UMASS.

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
Planning stuff to do in NYC (besides watching basketball). Getting up there on Monday, March 9. Bought tickets for “Come From Away” on Tuesday night, taking a walking tour of Brooklyn Bridge one morning, planning a MOMA visit. What else fun have any of you done when up there?

Reactions: Beirne

Beirne

Top Member
Mar 2, 2013
Planning stuff to do in NYC (besides watching basketball). Getting up there on Monday, March 9. Bought tickets for “Come From Away” on Tuesday night, taking a walking tour of Brooklyn Bridge one morning, planning a MOMA visit. What else fun have any of you done when up there?
I’ve been having the same thoughts. Thinking about seeing the Alanis Morrisette Broadway show if I can fit it in

Reactions: SWV

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
I’ve been having the same thoughts. Thinking about seeing the Alanis Morrisette Broadway show if I can fit it in
Bought our tickets from Broadway.com. Going to eat dinner at Junior’s at the Broadway location. Looks like good NY deli food and cheesecake! 😍

Dr Joe

Top Member
Insider
Oct 12, 2017
Walking along the river near the Brooklyn Bridge is fun. Two really good pizza places are right near the bridge, long lines but really good, Grimaldis and Juliana’s. Get over to Prospect Park for a run or walk and experience the “melting pot” that is Brooklyn. Of course The Old Brooklyn bagel shop is great as are so many other bagel deli’s. The Brooklyn Museum and the Botanical Garden is one subway stop from the Barkley on Eastern Parkway. Prospect Park is two stops just after the Museum on Eastern Parkway.

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
Walking along the river near the Brooklyn Bridge is fun. Two really good pizza places are right near the bridge, long lines but really good, Grimaldis and Juliana’s. Get over to Prospect Park for a run or walk and experience the “melting pot” that is Brooklyn. Of course The Old Brooklyn bagel shop is great as are so many other bagel deli’s. The Brooklyn Museum and the Botanical Garden is one subway stop from the Barkley on Eastern Parkway. Prospect Park is two stops just after the Museum on Eastern Parkway.
We’re going to do a Brooklyn Bridge tour through Free Tours By Foot. Looking forward to having good bagels for breakfast. Also considering the Brooklyn Museum.

RamCrazy

Top Member
Insider
Mar 13, 2011
We’re going to do a Brooklyn Bridge tour through Free Tours By Foot. Looking forward to having good bagels for breakfast. Also considering the Brooklyn Museum.
I’d also recommend the Freedom Tower. The underground museum is a very moving experience. MOMA is great as well as the Met.

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
I’d also recommend the Freedom Tower. The underground museum is a very moving experience. MOMA is great as well as the Met.
Thanks for the tip on the Freedom Tower! Didn’t know you could tour It. Went to the 9/11 Memorial and Museum last time (2016). It was very moving. For me, at points, it felt like that horrible morning all over again.

Beirne

Top Member
Mar 2, 2013
Bought our tickets from Broadway.com. Going to eat dinner at Junior’s at the Broadway location. Looks like good NY deli food and cheesecake! 😍
We did Juniors in Brooklyn on Sunday morning before the finals last year. The cheesecake was AWESOME!

• Love

Beirne

Top Member
Mar 2, 2013
Bergen Bagels is right near Barclays Center, and is very good.

Beirne

Top Member
Mar 2, 2013
I think this year I want to try taking the ferry boat across from Manhattan to Brooklyn, and plan to visit DUMBO as part of that experience