Running down an old "urban legend" about Butler VS VCU

Dec 2, 2012

VAHills

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2013
So;

When we played Butler at the Stu, I heard some people later say that two players committed on the spot right after the game.

Does anyone know a) is this true and b) who the Players were?
https://www.vcuathletics.com/sports/mbkb/2014-15/roster
https://www.vcuathletics.com/sports/mbkb/2014-15/roster

Looks like Tillman, Larrier, Glaze, and Gilmore all came on the following year.
Glaze was a hometown boy, did any of the other three commit right after the game?
Johnny Williams was one, from what I recall. Not sure about the 2nd one.

Reactions: WestEndEd

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Watching the game again now and realize how much we miss a Troy or Melvin type 3 point shooter.

I am genuinely curious how moving the 3 point line back this year will affect the overall 3 numbers. And, of course, how our Rams fare from 3...fingers crossed.

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
I am genuinely curious how moving the 3 point line back this year will affect the overall 3 numbers. And, of course, how our Rams fare from 3...fingers crossed.
Moving the line back is more about creating space inside than impacting 3pt percentages. Offense is marketable, The only reason to move the line is to increase the ability to score. If the league thought it would reduce scoring,which is what the casual fan wants to see, it never would have moved the line. Even if we shoot the same percentage we gain and advantage with the number of people we have that can put the ball on the floor and drive.

VCJEW

Top Member
Apr 11, 2013
Almost every team has players that can drive and slash. But not every team can defend like we can. I always felt moving the line back would weaken defences which might hurt us more than others since we rely on it more. But it might be that we can recover from it more than others. Regardless it's not a huge change.

fmrick

Top Member
Insider
Apr 19, 2009

I read somewhere that in the first year after they moved it last time there was about a 5% decrease in made 3-point shots. But, within three years the percentages were back to pre-move levels.

Reactions: Half-baked Mcbride