Samir Doughty

rammed

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
I for one cannot wait for this guy to step on the court for the Rams. I am looking forward to his scoring, defense and presence on the court for our team. More than that, I applaud his performance in the classroom for his freshman year - keep it up. Well done Samir. Go get 'em this year!!!!

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I for one cannot wait for this guy to step on the court for the Rams. I am looking forward to his scoring, defense and presence on the court for our team. More than that, I applaud his performance in the classroom for his freshman year - keep it up. Well done Samir. Go get 'em this year!!!!
I have heard and read that if Samir can get comfortable with the defensive schemes that he will be hard to keep off the court. I am happy that he will be playing after that redshirt year. I am excited to see a guy that some say.....he simply knows how to get buckets.

Mar 16, 2014
Here is another good one!
Caption from Youtube -
This was a matchup the entire city was waiting to see, and these two great Philadelphia guards gave the crowd everything they came for. This matchup reminded me of a match up between Sean Singletary and Kyle Lowry, skill vs will. Carter like Singletary is a very polished college ready PG, who makes all the right plays for himself and his teammates, while Doughty like Lowry with the do it all toughness and refusal to lose even when his team is outsized and outmanned. Coming into this contest the only person that thought MCS had a chance was MCS but behind Doughty's 25 pts 8 rebs, MCS would pull out a surprising victory behind a late 4th quarter run, where Doughty netted 8 of his 25.

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
Caption from Youtube -
This was a matchup the entire city was waiting to see, and these two great Philadelphia guards gave the crowd everything they came for. This matchup reminded me of a match up between Sean Singletary and Kyle Lowry, skill vs will. Carter like Singletary is a very polished college ready PG, who makes all the right plays for himself and his teammates, while Doughty like Lowry with the do it all toughness and refusal to lose even when his team is outsized and outmanned. Coming into this contest the only person that thought MCS had a chance was MCS but behind Doughty's 25 pts 8 rebs, MCS would pull out a surprising victory behind a late 4th quarter run, where Doughty netted 8 of his 25.

Brutality.

Mar 16, 2014
Brutality.
Graham ... NEVER wanted to lose regardless of who we played against. He put us on his back with a broken ankle for weeks. He took every last second shot for VCU. Another one with such "will" was Brad Burgess - the guy just NEVER wanted to lose no matter what.

I'm not saying others didn't have the "will" but these two were off the charts in that matter. For the record, no Ram ever wants to lose (before I get mauled).

Reactions: rammed

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Caption from Youtube -

Man who the heck was the #11 for the other side and where did he sign? This guy was smooth. Samir, based on this short 3 minute vid, goes hard to the rack, has an odd but effect outside shot, needs help on D, he lost his man quite a few times. I wouldnt be surprised to see him averaging over 12 plus in a year or so.

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
Kinda cannot BE a Ram without working on defense. It's a prerequisite.
I trust after this entire season off, being forced to sit on that bench,
soak up the failures and successes, he's put in the work it takes to hit the floor.
Dude's gonna reign terror.

Reactions: VCU<3

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Man who the heck was the #11 for the other side and where did he sign? This guy was smooth. Samir, based on this short 3 minute vid, goes hard to the rack, has an odd but effect outside shot, needs help on D, he lost his man quite a few times. I wouldnt be surprised to see him averaging over 12 plus in a year or so.
What surprised me was that a friend, who is conservative when it comes to praise or declarations about young players, told me that he would not be surprised if Samir played 20 or more minutes and averaged double digits this year. I just kind of sat there with a blank stare.
The guy is a informed VCU basketball guy.

Mar 16, 2014
Traci Carter - Marquette. 4* #80 on ESPN100 year 2015

Averaged almost 24 minutes a game as a Freshman PG. Stat-line was just OK.

Reactions: rammad90

tuttlecr

Top Member
Jul 6, 2012
Really like his toughness and ability to finish at the rim. A lot of kids will seemingly give up on the play expecting a foul.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Traci Carter - Marquette. 4* #80 on ESPN100 year 2015

Averaged almost 24 minutes a game as a Freshman PG. Stat-line was just OK.
Thanks. He averaged 4.6 assists against 2.3 turnovers, and averaged 5.4 points, 1.5 steals, 2.5 rebounds. about . 374 percent from 2, and .314 from deep. 74% from the ft line. Looks to me as if he has an issue with shot selection. However, he didnt shoot very often only about 5 shots per game.

I think for a freshman playing in the Duke type system, after having the green light as a HS baller , he had a pretty solid stat line.

He's gonna be a good one.