Scrimmaging the NCAA National Champions

May 4, 2012
Funny because I see the Redskins on TV more than I see the Ravens. Probably the only time I see the Ravens on TV around here (not counting TNF, SNF or MNF) is when they play the Steelers just because of that Rivalry history..... but even a few weeks ago when those 2 teams played.... that game was not on TV here in the VA area... instead they had the then winless Redskins (0-4 going into that game) going up against the undefeated Patriots.... no one wanted to watch that garbage. Even Redskins fans didn't wanna watch that because they knew what was going to happen.

And normally CBS shows AFC games, while FOX shows NFC games primarily.... but because the Giants/Vikings were on Fox.... they put Patriots/Redskins on CBS here in the VA Area.

Plus, I'm pretty sure DC/MD/VA area is made up of way more Redskins fans than Ravens fans.... despite the Ravens having a better recent history.... so yeah, they're not really losing viewers to Baltimore.
Of course you see more redskin, this area is assigned to them. If there were no Ravens (or Colts before them) the number of viewers would be higher and the franchice worth would increase.

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Of course you see more redskin, this area is assigned to them. If there were no Ravens (or Colts before them) the number of viewers would be higher and the franchice worth would increase.
You would think that... but not necessarily. I'm from the MD area originally.... but I grew up watching & am a Steelers fan, granted the Ravens didn't exist until a year before I moved to VA. There's also a lot of Cowboys fans in this area (and everywhere else).... and also Carolina is not that far away & in most years are way more entertaining to watch than the Redskins. Sure DC (or if you wanna be technical Landover, MD) is closer... but that doesn't necessarily mean there'd be more Redskins fans or viewers.

May 4, 2012
You would think that... but not necessarily. I'm from the MD area originally.... but I grew up watching & am a Steelers fan, granted the Ravens didn't exist until a year before I moved to VA. There's also a lot of Cowboys fans in this area (and everywhere else).... and also Carolina is not that far away & in most years are way more entertaining to watch than the Redskins. Sure DC (or if you wanna be technical Landover, MD) is closer... but that doesn't necessarily mean there'd be more Redskins fans or viewers.
The numbers of fans is a small factor. People will watch for a variety of reasons home team being only one. You are a Steelers fan but watch anyway. You are not alone.