Season prediction (2019-20) - thru Selection Sunday Mar 2020

RamDanFan

Top Member
Jan 19, 2015
Like Babe Ruth pointing into right field and calling that home run...I am calling it...Dayton will be knocked off by URI at home and by VCU in the next week!
Maybe the 2nd part but I cant see them losing at home to RI. If the game was at RI, then different story.

Apr 20, 2009
Utah State has a NET of 52 as of this morning. I don't think that is going to cut it. Looking at their remaining schedule, I don't see a lot of chances of them improving. Win their remaining games, likely. But they have played their toughest games. My guess is that if they don't win the conference tournament, they will be in the NIT.

Northern Iowa (38) is a bit different in that they are leading their conference, so if they win their Auto bid, they will not be in completion for an at-large.

Our profile is not at all "flimsy". Not as solid as we would like to be, but as you say, we get lots of chances to improve between now and the end of the season.
Unless they lose in the first round of their conf tournament i think N Iowa is in either way. ETSU has a decent shot at an at large also..they have one bad loss. They played a pretty good non conf schedule. They cant afford another bad loss. Will be an interesting case come Selection Sunday if they dont win their conf tournament.

fmrick

Top Member
Insider
Apr 19, 2009
Unless they lose in the first round of their conf tournament i think N Iowa is in either way. ETSU has a decent shot at an at large also..they have one bad loss. They played a pretty good non conf schedule. They cant afford another bad loss. Will be an interesting case come Selection Sunday if they dont win their conf tournament.
ETSU plays teams with the following NET scores: 72, 134, 145, 299, 316, 333. Win them all and they may only drop to 60s or 70s. Then they will have to play a couple in their tournament. They suffer from the same problem we had in the CAA. The conference brings them down.

Reactions: DisplacedRam