Season ticket holders - what happens if no attendance?

Mar 2, 2014
Agreed.... and knowing that.... I think Athletics should do EVERYONE a favor and give us the option use our season ticket purchases from this year & put it to next year.

Lets be cautious... not worry about fans in the STU this year (as much as we all hate it)... maybe if we're lucky come A10 Tourney time they'll let some fans in the Arena (wherever the A10 Tourney is this year)... assuming things have settled down come March. And then put our season ticket purchases from this year to next year.

This will limit how much $$$$ Athletics is having to dish back out.... plus it will be a much better look for Athletics.... considering a lot of people already do not like how the whole Reseating thing was handled this year... this could be a way to get back on the good side of some fans.

Some were talking bout how season ticket sales were down this year... well imagine, how much further they could drop after the reseating confusion people seemed to have this year & if they decide not to give us the option to push our season ticket purchase from 20-21... to 21-22.

Also... while they've given us til December 31st/January 1st to opt out & get a refund of our season ticket purchase for this year.... at what point are they going to tell us what the plans are for the season in terms of attendance?

At the very least there should be a firm deadline of when they are going to make a decision so fans can plan accordingly.
Ask Ralph.

JDI

Insider
Apr 20, 2009
This was posted by kkglass on Tuesday.

I understand that if you want to opt out, you must notify them by 12/31/20. Won't some games have been played before then? If so, do they simply refund the games after your request and still hold your seats selection for next year?

UPDATE - Season ticket holders may anticipate an email update soon (this week perhaps). I was told that the deadline by which to request a refund could be around October 31st so we'll have to make a decision before the first home game which I think is November 25th. The new information is entirely dependent upon the Governor's order with respect to capacity in the Stu. If it is limited, say to 1,000, the chances of the lower level donors getting seats is slim and will largely be based upon what higher-level donors choose to do in terms of keeping their seats or opting out. It will trickle down from there. In that event, our seats will be guaranteed for next season and we might as well request a refund as what we've paid toward this season's tickets can be put forward toward our next season donation but NOT toward next year's ticket price since it will be in a different fiscal year. I'm already on the payment plan for my donation so I might as well request a refund. I'm just going to ride it out knowing that in all likelihood I won't have seats this season.

MattRock

Co-Founder
Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2009
Fresh in from the ticket office:

"Once the capacity is finalized and announced to fans, the refund information will be included in that announcement. We hope to have guidance on capacity from the Governor's office in early November."

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Fresh in from the ticket office:

"Once the capacity is finalized and announced to fans, the refund information will be included in that announcement. We hope to have guidance on capacity from the Governor's office in early November."
Did they send out an e-mail or did you contact them directly?