Season tickets ?

Discussion in 'VCU Mens Basketball' started by VCU85, May 23, 2016.

1. VCU85

VCU85 Hall of Famer

a long shot maybe, but I'll post anyway.

I was in a group with some folks for season tickets. The ticket owner is taking all the seats back. Sucks, but darn it was fun.

So, I'm looking for 2 season tickets for next year/going forward. Anyone with season tickets they'd consider selling for next season, I'm yer guy ...

Thanks for any consideration. Can't wait for next season.

#1 VCU85, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
  2. irradiated_ram

irradiated_ram All-Star

PM sent

RamLogic likes this.
  3. mike7842

mike7842 Hall of Famer

Would someone repost the message from the athletic office about renewing season tickets with a deposit?

4. ShoeSh1ne

ShoeSh1ne Hall of Famer

5. VCU85

VCU85 Hall of Famer

I just want to thank everyone who responded so quickly to my request for season tickets. I had an offer within 10 minutes of my OP. Can't wait for 16-17 season to get here.

Well, after a nice loooooooong college football season of course.

6. AlienAiden

AlienAiden Legend Top Member

7. Ram Cray

Ram Cray Hall of Famer

The wait list is wide open now! A lot of season ticket holders decided to not renew for the upcoming season. Couple more seasons like this and they'd struggle to sell tickets for face value much less after donations. Now 7 years removed from Final Four, and nothing worthwhile to show it's not going to be easy for the AD. The Bill's are hefty and that BDC is expensive to run on top of its loan payments.

Most of the big games being on the road and the drastic decline of the A10 would have hurt ticket sales too. People dont want to pay big money for trashy competition. We need to some how host some P5 schools to get people excited.

8. JDI

JDI Starter

This ought to get interesting.

9. major ram

major ram Hall of Famer

If this is partially due to changes in the tax code then I am all for it. If corporations can not deduct athletic donations then we will weed the people out of the corporate seats that end up in the hands of luke warm fans as well as visiting team fans. I don’t donate for the tax deduction. I donate to support the program.
    I think the financial health of the program is fine. Stu has been paid for for a while. Not familiar with finances if BDC. But our AD has been conservative in capital outlays. Hope that continues

10. Deb O

Deb O Hall of Famer Top Member

Well, thank heavens for this forum. I have not received anything from VCU about a deposit for seasons tickets :shock: I get more emails from Tickville about their seasons tickets than I receive from VCU.

11. SpiderRAM

SpiderRAM Legend Top Member

I have not received any email about deposits for season tickets either.
    Paid my RAF donation & got on a list to see about changing seats but no word since then.

SZQ*VCU and RowdyPkunk like this.
  12. Reddic-ulous

Reddic-ulous All-Star

Wait has this actually been sent out. I havent seen anything and the picture above is from 16/17.

13. AlienAiden

I just found an old thread that had Season Tickets in the title so I could post this tweet.

The dept sent the e-mails to people on the waiting list. Tickets have not been purchased yet. RAF donations were sent in and now there are some open spots for people to donate and get season tickets.

RowdyPkunk likes this.
  14. Reddic-ulous

Reddic-ulous All-Star

Oh yeah yeah I was meaning the picture from Shoesh1ne that was from last year (poor reading comprehension). Weirdly enough I got an email about being on the waiting list even though Ive been a season ticket holder for the past 5 years and paid my RAF.

SpiderRAM and AlienAiden like this.
  15. AlienAiden

Just so everyone knows, the season ticket purchase window does not end until mid-August. I got my confirmation last year on August 14th and I always wait until the last minute.

Oh, and as usual the department has had defections in the ticket office and RAF so it might behoove you to drop them a line to check up on things if you are worried for some reason.

SZQ*VCU and SpiderRAM like this.