Season Tickets

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Who wouldnt? I would just prepare a bit earlier as not to have fans chasing down tickets close to the initial game. It has happened. Also, I stated we didnt need to incur the cost of priority mail. I stated nothing about tracking. Who wouldnt track?

Fwiw, first class mail can be tracked free of charge if print postage online. Surelywe process online for bulk mailings. "At the Post Office, USPS tracking can be purchased for Media Mail as well as First Class Package service for a cost of $0.90 (tracking is included for free for First Class Package Service when you print postage online, but a charge is required for First Class Package Service at the Post Office)"
That is old info. They don't charge for tracking any more.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
That is old info. They don't charge for tracking any more.
Which was my point. You can track and still send first class mail. I wasn't debating the cost of the tracking. I was debating the need to send you tickets priority mail. If we could get the system to work more efficiently we'd be able to save money and wouldn't need to send tickets out priority mail.

Someone else stated, Priority was preferable because of tracking.

Feb 14, 2011
Hate to bump threads but this may be important to some when it comes to parking passes.

For the North Texas game I arrived at the Bowie Street deck about 30min before the tip, Deck was full and parked street level by the sports med center. For the LSU game traffic management was horrible once again, arrived about 20 min before the tip, once again Bowie Street deck was full and was directed to park in the Broad Street deck. Instead of fighting the traffic cluster; I parked at Lowes. The same thing happened to a friend for the LSU game BUT when he tried to park at the Broad Street deck, the staff told him he couldn't park in that deck because he had a Bowie pass, even though they have cash parking.

So...since it appears VCU has oversold parking passes and it doesn't appear there are any intentions in correcting the issues, those in Bowie may want to try to arrive sooner than 30 min before the start of the game.

JDI

Insider
Apr 20, 2009
The problem is that they have taken the VCU vans and moved them into the Bowe street main parking deck. They need to get them out of there on game days.

rollins77

Top Member
Insider
May 1, 2009
Hate to bump threads but this may be important to some when it comes to parking passes.

For the North Texas game I arrived at the Bowie Street deck about 30min before the tip, Deck was full and parked street level by the sports med center. For the LSU game traffic management was horrible once again, arrived about 20 min before the tip, once again Bowie Street deck was full and was directed to park in the Broad Street deck. Instead of fighting the traffic cluster; I parked at Lowes. The same thing happened to a friend for the LSU game BUT when he tried to park at the Broad Street deck, the staff told him he couldn't park in that deck because he had a Bowie pass, even though they have cash parking.

So...since it appears VCU has oversold parking passes and it doesn't appear there are any intentions in correcting the issues, those in Bowie may want to try to arrive sooner than 30 min before the start of the game.
Couple of notes on this from our admin on this. We're sorry that you ran into this issue yesterday at Bowe Street. What we can say is that: 1-Passes were not oversold. 2-We are aware of what the issue is and it is being corrected today. 3-If you have any other questions or concerns on this matter, please feel free to reach out to the Ram Athletic Fund directly. They'd be happy to talk to you about it.

Feb 14, 2011
Rollins, Thank you for the information. It is a different story than I received from the ticket office. We shall see.

SpiderRAM

Top Member
Insider
Aug 17, 2014
Our parking pass is for the Broad Street deck. I got stuck in horrible traffic getting to the deck for the LSU game. Just as I pulled in, they opened up four spaces on the second level that had been blocked off. I parked in the first when I came to and got into the game on time. It was easy getting out also. When I got there early for the other two games, I had to park on level five. Doesn’t make any sense to me but oh well, just glad I have a place to park and season tickets again this year.

RamLover

Top Member
Dec 1, 2016
Our parking pass is for the Broad Street deck. I got stuck in horrible traffic getting to the deck for the LSU game. Just as I pulled in, they opened up four spaces on the second level that had been blocked off. I parked in the first when I came to and got into the game on time. It was easy getting out also. When I got there early for the other two games, I had to park on level five. Doesn’t make any sense to me but oh well, just glad I have a place to park and season tickets again this year.
They hold these spaces for handicap sticker holders until a certain time.

Reactions: SpiderRAM

vcu70

Top Member
Apr 5, 2009
The problem is that they have taken the VCU vans and moved them into the Bowe street main parking deck. They need to get them out of there on game days.
I know the Golf van was parked on the first floor of Bowe st deck 10 years ago every game.

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
We park in the Broad Street deck when we come to games. It always seems to me on week night games that workers who park there during the day are still in there when we’re arriving. As a matter of fact, we encounter some of them leaving as we‘re arriving.

Reactions: SpiderRAM

SZQ VCU

Top Member
Insider
Dec 5, 2012
Bowe Street has been bad for the first two games due to some construction on the 2nd level and parking places roped off. The LSU game wasn’t bad as we got 2nd level spots because we took the day off and arrived at 4. Definitely people leaving while others were arriving. Leaving, at times, is a nightmare. Where are the traffic officers helping out?