Season tickets

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
curious what did the contract say (what I remember was that we were told as long as we provided an annual gift in the black and gold level we could buy the same seats from year to year at the going rate for season tickets - mine were in section 24 row M in what ultimately evolved to a 7500 level) I don't remember getting a contract but seem to remember marketing materials saying such

( sander and trani were the best IMHO) Teague worked hard and had good ideas but I guess the bright lights and more money got in the way of him fulfilling what was a good vision)

Ed hired Will (case over)

go Rams

I had problems with the first re-seating under Ed's administration. The athletic department (Russ Grimm) told me I was not a CC member when I was. I finally got it straight through Glenn Hofmann, and subsequently requested a signed document from Glenn and Russ stating what my rights and responsibilities were as a CC member. The signed document by all parties, which is a legal contract, stated in order for me to retain my CC member status, I have to continue to give annually at the Black and Gold level and renew my current seats. It stated that, if I moved my seats or dropped any seats, my CC membership was void. It did not state anywhere that the athletic department could assess any additional fees.

It took Ed over 3 months to respond to me, even with me linking in the athletic department attorney, saying the contract did not say they "couldn't" assess any additional fees. He also said the seat fees were non-refundable as they were a donation, not a fee. I responded that it was a fee, acknowledged by his own communications to season ticket holders, and VCU refunds fees all of the time. He has yet to respond back to me since May.

At this point, I will only give the minimum to maintain my CC membership. My goal at this point is to outlast Ed, which should not be a problem the way he is managing the department. Let me also say President Rao's office never responded to any of my correspondence. If this is how VCU treats donors, including their lack of responsiveness and their flippant responses, then this ship is going to sail south very quickly.

As @Ramaholic stated a long time ago, we are only "transactions" in Ed's eyes and I have witnessed it big time first hand.

BradRamFan

Elite Member
Yu guys are unbelievable. If you want a coach who you have to paid the big bucks, if you want great players that are going to require a decent NIL, If you want the Athletic Village to be a reality, If you want to fill the baseball coaching vacancy with another great coach. if you want to have GA's available almost 24/7, if you want the coach and asst coaches to be able to travel across the country pursuing recruits, if you want to keep the lights on in the BDC, if you want better cameras and audio for the streaming content.......if you want all those things, you can't sit their and complain about an increase in ticket prices. VCU men's basketball is probably our only revenue generating sport.....and we don't get the big bucks football money.
Also, once we start getting back to the dance on an annual basis with our better recruits, those season tickets will be bought. Economic times have been tough over the last several years with Covid and over the last 6 months with a bit of inflation.

Some of you have a bug up your butt about Ed that not even a sports and basketball miracle would persuade you otherwise. I think some of you are holding a grudge since Ryan left and you just can't let go. Anything Ed does is bad, bad, bad. But I'll tell you one thing. We are lucky to have Ed. He has done a whole lot for VCU athletics.

Ram14

Elite Member
Insider
I had problems with the first re-seating under Ed's administration. The athletic department (Russ Grimm) told me I was not a CC member when I was. I finally got it straight through Glenn Hofmann, and subsequently requested a signed document from Glenn and Russ stating what my rights and responsibilities were as a CC member. The signed document by all parties, which is a legal contract, stated in order for me to retain my CC member status, I have to continue to give annually at the Black and Gold level and renew my current seats. It stated that, if I moved my seats or dropped any seats, my CC membership was void. It did not state anywhere that the athletic department could assess any additional fees.

It took Ed over 3 months to respond to me, even with me linking in the athletic department attorney, saying the contract did not say they "couldn't" assess any additional fees. He also said the seat fees were non-refundable as they were a donation, not a fee. I responded that it was a fee, acknowledged by his own communications to season ticket holders, and VCU refunds fees all of the time. He has yet to respond back to me since May.

At this point, I will only give the minimum to maintain my CC membership. My goal at this point is to outlast Ed, which should not be a problem the way he is managing the department. Let me also say President Rao's office never responded to any of my correspondence. If this is how VCU treats donors, including their lack of responsiveness and their flippant responses, then this ship is going to sail south very quickly.

As @Ramaholic stated a long time ago, we are only "transactions" in Ed's eyes and I have witnessed it big time first hand.
I am so sorry you have experienced this and applaud your continued dedication and support to our Rams. I think all of us that were/ are CC members were perplexed ( maybe P'd is more fitting). I have tried to understand it based on how most schools around the country have had to make adjustments due to operacting in the red the last few years along with the timing of us working so hard to ascend to the level we all wish to be. It does seem to me that they have both acknowledged and made some changes in recognition of perhaps poor messages in the past. I think there are more structural changes to how tickets and gifts are handled coming that might help, but I could be wrong on that.

One thing I will say that is not consistent with your feelings or experiences, from every conversation with our AD, AD's Staff, School Leadership, Coaching Staff,... I have always heard a very different message of support and loyalty toward all our fans and supporters. When I say "All", I menan a sincere appreciation by our that department for all the loyal donors at every level with a strong recognition and appreciation for those who have given for a long time even if at a lower level. There is zero mission or desire to push out the CC members and more of a feeling of figuring out ways to continue to show them appreciation.

None of what I am saying changes the delay in your getting a response or how you feel right now. I just wanted to say that from every single formal and informal interaction and obervation I know they feel differently and have only fallen short in messaging- something they recognize and are working on.

I personally feel we are very fortunate to have Ed and I am excited for what is occuring and planned over the next several years for our entire athletic department and program. I hope things get back to a postive place for you @Wolfpack Ram as you are a great fan !!!

Yu guys are unbelievable. If you want a coach who you have to paid the big bucks, if you want great players that are going to require a decent NIL, If you want the Athletic Village to be a reality, If you want to fill the baseball coaching vacancy with another great coach. if you want to have GA's available almost 24/7, if you want the coach and asst coaches to be able to travel across the country pursuing recruits, if you want to keep the lights on in the BDC, if you want better cameras and audio for the streaming content.......if you want all those things, you can't sit their and complain about an increase in ticket prices. VCU men's basketball is probably our only revenue generating sport.....and we don't get the big bucks football money.
Also, once we start getting back to the dance on an annual basis with our better recruits, those season tickets will be bought. Economic times have been tough over the last several years with Covid and over the last 6 months with a bit of inflation.

Some of you have a bug up your butt about Ed that not even a sports and basketball miracle would persuade you otherwise. I think some of you are holding a grudge since Ryan left and you just can't let go. Anything Ed does is bad, bad, bad. But I'll tell you one thing. We are lucky to have Ed. He has done a whole lot for VCU athletics.
The increase in season ticket price will not cover the $400,000 in lost donations last year, I did not get the previous 3 years for donations but based on ticket sales dropped each year, I expect donations dropped too. This is $ that is lost every year after that. If a $1,000 was dropped 5 years ago that is really $5,000 lost. VCU lost is $800,000 in 2 years. Increasing price of tickets and B&G donor, is ignoring the Law of Supply and demand. Are you aware of any effort to increase RAF donations, except at the B&G level? The Peppas director complains are not the reason for the lost revenue, the $10,000 to $25,000 donor could care little about that, to stop donating. You are correct, BB is the Revenue Sport, and it clear that Ed is losing money. If you remember the BOV was questioning ED on why revenue was done, I don't think he mentioned that. Inflation impacts the lower donors the most. Why wasn't this announced before the RAF donation deadline? Ed has no loyalty to long time donor.

I am so sorry you have experienced this and applaud your continued dedication and support to our Rams. I think all of us that were/ are CC members were perplexed ( maybe P'd is more fitting). I have tried to understand it based on how most schools around the country have had to make adjustments due to operacting in the red the last few years along with the timing of us working so hard to ascend to the level we all wish to be. It does seem to me that they have both acknowledged and made some changes in recognition of perhaps poor messages in the past. I think there are more structural changes to how tickets and gifts are handled coming that might help, but I could be wrong on that.

One thing I will say that is not consistent with your feelings or experiences, from every conversation with our AD, AD's Staff, School Leadership, Coaching Staff,... I have always heard a very different message of support and loyalty toward all our fans and supporters. When I say "All", I menan a sincere appreciation by our that department for all the loyal donors at every level with a strong recognition and appreciation for those who have given for a long time even if at a lower level. There is zero mission or desire to push out the CC members and more of a feeling of figuring out ways to continue to show them appreciation.

None of what I am saying changes the delay in your getting a response or how you feel right now. I just wanted to say that from every single formal and informal interaction and obervation I know they feel differently and have only fallen short in messaging- something they recognize and are working on.

I personally feel we are very fortunate to have Ed and I am excited for what is occuring and planned over the next several years for our entire athletic department and program. I hope things get back to a postive place for you @Wolfpack Ram as you are a great fan !!!
IMO there is support for VCU, but not for Ed. I don't remember any CCM only email or Snail mail since the Dr. Reception. Does any CCM remember any? Many CCM member will be retiring soon and VCU needs to find ways to get more really loyal donors to replace them. When people retire, their priority changes many move to other locations. There has been a drop in members and amounts. I agree with Coaching, but not about Ed. I think telling a CCM that the contract is not binding does not show loyalty. The 2018 tax law changes for RTP benefits based on the amount donated was done differently than UVa and other schools I looked at. I will be donating my $1,000 this year to other VCU needs in addition to the one I make now. and buy single game ticket better than the seats or the same ones I have via the CCA. I have developed information systems for 40 years and could not believe they did not have the information I provided, nor did they seem interested in changes to the system, as the 2 that did not interface. I guess we will need to agree to disagree about Ed.

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member

I call BS regarding VCU is lucky to have Ed based on my personal interactions, or lack thereof, with Ed. You don't take 3 months to reply to a 35+ year donor to the athletic department. That is just bad business in so many ways. That also speaks volumes regarding his perceived sincerity to ALL donors. If private businesses took 3 months to reply to their customers, they would be out of business. Never in my 35+ years be a donor to VCU athletics have I seen an athletic director be as "transactional" as Ed is to the donor base. He may cuddle up to the top 10%, but that is not the case regarding the average donor.

Newboy

Elite Member
Insider
I call BS regarding VCU is lucky to have Ed based on my personal interactions, or lack thereof, with Ed. You don't take 3 months to reply to a 35+ year donor to the athletic department. That is just bad business in so many ways. That also speaks volumes regarding his perceived sincerity to ALL donors. If private businesses took 3 months to reply to their customers, they would be out of business. Never in my 35+ years be a donor to VCU athletics have I seen an athletic director be as "transactional" as Ed is to the donor base. He may cuddle up to the top 10%, but that is not the case regarding the average donor.
I am sure I am not 10% but he has always been cool with me whenever we have crossed paths.

don't have a dog in this discussion so to speak - as I have stopped buying season tickets and donating and will only buy single game tickets to games I want to see and watch the rest on TV - just other priorities in my life, currently

Seems to me the true metric of an AD is increasing gift revenues and increasing fan engagement to attend and support all the athletic teams at their respective schools - selecting coaches that annually compete for championships in their conferences (a10 is an easy conference to do such given how few schools care about most of non revenue sports) , providing athletes support to obtain their degrees and providing quality care to athletes physical and mental well-being (from where I sit Ed has mixed performance using these metrics - some he does well, some excellent and some needs improvements - sort of like my report cards in school !)

Ed has a big bogey to achieve in the next 5 years in raising money to start progress in the announced Athletic Village - to me that will be the legacy of success he needs to achieve - and to be fair past ADs have not achieved much in success in their fundraising for major projects (less than 25% of cost of Stu raised in private gift giving and less than 50% for BDC in private gift giving) student fees and other non gift sources paid bulk of debt service that is/was taken out to complete construction costs

What I would love to hear periodically is how much money has Ed raised to date (and no the money given by State for a large portion of the old ABC land is not an Ed achievement but a multi VCU admin/ BOV effort to get state funding for such)
also would be interesting to know how much money VCU or its foundations are fronting this effort in loans or allocations of student fees (VCU currently provides VCU athletics roughly $22 million in student fee revenues annually to balance the VCU Athletic budget - last # I saw was 2 years ago for F/y 2020)

go rams and good luck Ed

Ram14

Elite Member
Insider
Again, zoom out and look at the whole picture of the last 7-8 years. Filter it as if we had not had two coaches depart, filter if as if Covid never existed, filter it without the changes to NCAA, filter it without terrible injuries and also zoom out to much more than VCU Men's College Basketball. Just something to mention.

I also am worried about some who are letting their tickets go based on availability the last few seasons, a storm is approaching and it is Black and Gold. Getting tickets as a new ticket buyer next season might be a very different challenge.

BradRamFan

Elite Member
Maybe he was busy trying to get the state to chip in the money to buy the land to put the athletic village on. Don't know how much you have donated in the last 30+ years but sometimes other things take precedence.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
Ed hired Will (case over)
As much as people dislike/hate WW.... the hire at the time made sense... we weren't gonna get anyone better right away... and MR had only been a HC for 1 year at the time.

Sure there were things to not like about WW... but he did well for us in the 2 years he was HC... and gave MR time to get used to being a D1 HC at Rice before before being thrown to the fire in a Tough D-1 conference like the A10.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member

Fixed the bolded part.

And Brad..... you wanna know why Men's Basketball is the only revenue generating sport? It's real F***ing simple.... because even while all our other sports are out there winning conference tournaments and making the big dance in their sports.... VCU as a fanbase chooses not to support them.

I'd love to find a list of all the conference championships other VCU Sports have won... since the last time VCU MBB won the A10 Tournament which was 2015.... and yet no one supports them.... and the average attendance for those sports teams both the years they won the conference.... and the attendance the years after.

VCU WBB won their first ever conference championship in 20-2021... did the attendance go up this past season? If you take out all the games where they had all the elementary school kids there on field trips.... then no the attendance did not go up. And it's only gonna get worse next year because 2 of the players whose family members that I know were at most every home game are gone. One of them was a local Richmonder coached by Bo Jones Jr. in HS.... and would average 10-15 family members (if not more) at every home game.... While they'll still show at some games every now & then I'm sure.... I doubt they'll be at every single home game going forward now that their daughter is no longer playing for us and is now gonna be over seas playing.... plus Bo Jones himself was at games quite a bit supporting his former athlete. Who knows how often he'll attend now, since I believe he is still coaching HS ball last I checked.

What about Baseball? Haven't they won the A10 at least twice since the last time our MBB team won the A10... including 1 or two trips to super regionals? How about Volleyball? I know they've won a couple. And I know there's several others... because we've seen them at the MBB games during timeouts where Ed will bring those teams out on the court to get them recognized. And it's not like it's just been one or two... no its been at least 3-5 every season..... yet MBB is the only sport people give a crap about.

Sure, we aint got football... and most of us don't want it for one reason or another... but I'd say 75-80% of VCU MBB Ticket holders have not been to a single VCU Sporting that wasn't MBB in the last 5-10 years.... if ever. Even when tickets for these other sporting events are dirt cheap... heck, even when we had the All Sports passes and you could get into everything except MBB for free.... people still couldn't find a way to support other teams.

Think about how much money the Athletics Department could bring in if people supported the other sports. For example.... WBB the season tickets are $40 I think.... but here's the thing with those tickets. None of them are game specific.... so lets say there's 16 home games..... and you have to miss a home game or two because of work, vacation, covid.... or you're just tired & don't feel like going. Unlike MBB where you gotta find someone to sell your ticket to or give it to, or it goes to waste.... for WBB you now have an extra ticket, so if you wanna bring a friend or your kid to the game... you can. Or if you're a youth/HS basketball coach & wanna use them all at once & bring your team to a game.... you can do that too.

If 1000 people bought season tickets for WBB... thats an extra $40,000 the Ath. Dept. just made easy. But no... people refuse to support them. Same goes for Baseball, Volleyball, Soccer.. etc.

Also... while I agree that if we want all that stuff you mention including paying a HC big bucks to keep them, help build up the Athletic Village.... including one day down the road possibly rebuilding the STU among other things including NIL stuff.... that people can't sit here & complain about ticket prices or donation levels or whatever..... and when things are running smooth & VCU is doing well and what not.... I don't think people would complain too much unless they are just cheap. Look after the Final 4... when things EXPLODED for us..... students coming out of the woodwork to come to VCU, every body & their brother wanting season tickets to VCU games, games selling out like hot cakes..... VCU stepped in and required donations to get season tickets.... when previously they were not required.... and as time went on the requirements to get season tickets went up. No longer would a $100 donation get you a chance to buy tickets.... you had to donate $500 at least just to be considered... then it was all based on points..... but that was when business was booming. That's when VCU was at it's peak.

The last 5 years VCU has been anything but. 2 NCAA tourneys in 5 years (4 if you take out the covid year... but we weren't going anyway that year). And even before Covid & the $250 fee fiasco.... ticket sales were dropping every single year the last 5 years.

Clearly, Ed does not know supply & demand at all. When demand is down.... you don't raise your price of tickets, start adding additional fees and/or screwing over CC/Long term donors aka YOUR MOST LOYAL CUSTOMERS.... because guess what... thats even more people that are going to stop donating and/or stop attending games all together... and we are not just talking about Band wagon fans that only wanna support the team when things are going well.... we are talking about people who have been supporting VCU MBB longer than some of us posters have been alive.... donors who have been through all the times that were way worse than what we are going through right now in terms of performance on the court. I'm sorry but that's a MAJOR problem.... and should be a major red flag to any body considering donating or buying season tickets.

And like someone else said.... in regards to them trying to eliminate the CCM agreement members and not honor it.... what if they try to do the same thing with all our priority points? What if for one reason or another.... one of us has to take a year off from donating/buying season tickets.... and tries to start back up the season after and Ed or someone in the AD says "Oh we're sorry, your points have been wiped clean because you took a year off, now you have to start fresh"..... who is to say they won't try to pull that stunt? Or if we all of a sudden make a deep run in the tourney again and we get another explosion in ticket sales or season ticket requests.... and Ed or someone in the AD decides.... "Due to the increase in demand, we are going to start everyone's priority points fresh & go based off donation levels starting with the 20## fiscal year." Because they know that if we make another deep run... we could have similar results as the Final 4 Run when it comes to ticket sales & season ticket requests & will sell out more games than not.

There's no telling what Ed will try & do next. We already saw the $250 fiasco that was supposed to be a way to get around the tax law.... which I think anyone with common sense knows.... that whole thing was BS and just another way to get more money out of people.

It's not people being cheap or just complaining about rising costs. It's called people using their dang brains & knowing smart business practices. What Ed is doing, is NOT smart business practice.... and if hes not careful.... it could end up very bad not only for him but the AD & school as a whole.

Right now with demands down.... he should be finding ways to get as many people in to the games & butts in the seats as possible.... not figuring out ways to price gouge his most loyal customers.

Last edited:

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Fixed the bolded part.

And Brad..... you wanna know why Men's Basketball is the only revenue generating sport? It's real F***ing simple.... because even while all our other sports are out there winning conference tournaments and making the big dance in their sports.... VCU as a fanbase chooses not to support them.

I'd love to find a list of all the conference championships other VCU Sports have won... since the last time VCU MBB won the A10 Tournament which was 2015.... and yet no one supports them.

VCU WBB won their first ever conference championship in 20-2021... did the attendance go up this past season? If you take out all the games where they had all the elementary school kids there on field trips.... then no the attendance did not go up. And it's only gonna get worse next year because 2 of the players whose family members that I know were at most every home game are gone. One of them was a local Richmonder coached by Bo Jones Jr. in HS.... and would average 10-15 family members (if not more) at every home game.... While they'll still show at some games every now & then I'm sure.... I doubt they'll be at every single home game going forward now that their daughter is no longer playing for us and is now gonna be over seas playing.... plus Bo Jones himself was at games quite a bit supporting his former athlete. Who knows how often he'll attend now, since I believe he is still coaching HS ball last I checked.

What about Baseball? Haven't they won the A10 at least twice since the last time our MBB team won the A10... including 1 or two trips to super regionals? How about Volleyball? I know they've won a couple. And I know there's several others... because we've seen them at the MBB games during timeouts where Ed will bring those teams out on the court to get them recognized. And it's not like it's just been one or two... no its been at least 3-5 every season..... yet MBB is the only sport people give a crap about.

Sure, we aint got football... and most of us don't want it for one reason or another... but I'd say 75-80% of VCU MBB Ticket holders have not been to a single VCU Sporting that wasn't MBB in the last 5-10 years.... if ever. Even when tickets for these other sporting events are dirt cheap... heck, even when we had the All Sports passes and you could get into everything except MBB for free.... people still couldn't find a way to support other teams.

Think about how much money the Athletics Department could bring in if people supported the other sports. For example.... WBB the season tickets are $40 I think.... but here's the thing with those tickets. None of them are game specific.... so lets say there's 16 home games..... and you have to miss a home game or two because of work, vacation, covid.... or you're just tired & don't feel like going. Unlike MBB where you gotta find someone to sell your ticket to or give it to, or it goes to waste.... for WBB you now have an extra ticket, so if you wanna bring a friend or your kid to the game... you can. Or if you're a youth/HS basketball coach & wanna use them all at once & bring your team to a game.... you can do that too.

If 1000 people bought season tickets for WBB... thats an extra $40,000 the Ath. Dept. just made easy. But no... people refuse to support them. Same goes for Baseball, Volleyball, Soccer.. etc.

Also... while I agree that if we want all that stuff you mention including paying a HC big bucks to keep them, help build up the Athletic Village.... including one day down the road possibly rebuilding the STU among other things including NIL stuff.... that people can't sit here & complain about ticket prices or donation levels or whatever..... and when things are running smooth & VCU is doing well and what not.... I don't think people would complain too much unless they are just cheap. Look after the Final 4... when things EXPLODED for us..... students coming out of the woodwork to come to VCU, every body & their brother wanting season tickets to VCU games, games selling out like hot cakes..... VCU stepped in and required donations to get season tickets.... when previously they were not required.... and as time went on the requirements to get season tickets went up. No longer would a $100 donation get you a chance to buy tickets.... you had to donate $500 at least just to be considered... then it was all based on points..... but that was when business was booming. That's when VCU was at it's peak.

The last 5 years VCU has been anything but. 2 NCAA tourneys in 5 years (4 if you take out the covid year... but we weren't going anyway that year). And even before Covid & the $250 fee fiasco.... ticket sales were dropping every single year the last 5 years.

Clearly, Ed does not know supply & demand at all. When demand is down.... you don't raise your price of tickets, start adding additional fees and/or screwing over CC/Long term donors aka YOUR MOST LOYAL CUSTOMERS.... because guess what... thats even more people that are going to stop donating and/or stop attending games all together... and we are not just talking about Band wagon fans that only wanna support the team when things are going well.... we are talking about people who have been supporting VCU MBB longer than some of us posters who have been alive.... donors who have been through all the times that were way worse than what we are going through right now in terms of performance on the court. I'm sorry but that's a MAJOR problem.... and should be a major red flag to any body considering donating or buying season tickets.

And like someone else said.... in regards to them trying to eliminate the CCM agreement members and not honor it.... what if they try to do the same thing with all our priority points? What if for one reason or another.... one of us has to take a year off from donating/buying season tickets.... and tries to start back up the season after and Ed or someone in the AD says "Oh we're sorry, your points have been wiped clean because you took a year off, now you have to start fresh"..... who is to say they won't try to pull that stunt? Or if we all of a sudden make a deep run in the tourney again and we get another explosion in ticket sales or season ticket requests.... and Ed or someone in the AD decides.... "Due to the increase in demand, we are going to start everyone's priority points fresh & go based off donation levels starting with the 20## fiscal year." Because they know that if we make another deep run... we could have similar results as the Final 4 Run when it comes to ticket sales & season ticket requests & will sell out more games than not.

There's no telling what Ed will try & do next. We already saw the $250 fiasco that was supposed to be a way to get around the tax law.... which I think anyone with common sense knows.... that whole thing was BS and just another way to get more money out of people.

It's not people being cheap or just complaining about rising costs. It's called people using their dang brains & knowing smart business practices. What Ed is doing, is NOT smart business practice.... and if hes not careful.... it could end up very bad not only for him but the AD & school as a whole.

Right now with demands down.... he should be finding ways to get as many people in to the games & butts in the seats as possible.... not figuring out ways to price gouge his most loyal customers.
It has nothing to do with VCU fans. Football and men’s basketball are the only money generating sports for almost every school in the country, including P5 schools. Women’s basketball might break even at a couple schools, but even at a place like UConn it probably doesn’t cover Geno’s salary, the players’ scholarships, travel expenses, etc. College baseball and hockey are the same. Everything else is a money loser everywhere. This doesn’t change the value in having these sports, but it’s not a VCU fan issue.

Last edited:
Again, zoom out and look at the whole picture of the last 7-8 years. Filter it as if we had not had two coaches depart, filter if as if Covid never existed, filter it without the changes to NCAA, filter it without terrible injuries and lso zoom out to much more than VCU Men's College Basketball. Just something to mention.

I also am worried about some who are letting their tickets go based on availability the last few seasons, a storm is approaching and it is Black and Gold. Getting tickets as a new ticket buyer next season might be a very different challenge.
There are 2,000 unsold season tickets. It would take 1,000 new donors for 2 tickets each and 500 new donors if 4 tickets. Even if we have a great season, I don't see this happening. How many of them would be B&G or Director and above? Based on student attendant, I don't expect they will replace lost donors. Increasing the price by $50, is only $102,550 for the 2051 2022-2023 RAF donations, based on donations made by March deadline. This was VCU FOIA information for 2022-23 for 2051 estimated buyers. There were 72 donors lost in the Champion's Society, Super Rams and Director's Society for $257,500, some may have dropped to B&G or Ram's Society as those levels increased by 41. I don't think injures made a different as donations are due in March, and the injuries happened after that. Rhoades has been here for serval years and its very clear he and staff have improved recruiting each year. Yes, the virus has impacted sales. It does not appear that many are going to start donating again. What is Ed and VCU doing to get them back?
A phone call text.
"Hello B&G donor, we would like to get you back donating" "It will cost you $750 more since you left, and your 2 tickets will be $100 more" "Would you like to commit now?" "VCU appreciates your past donation and need you to commit to show your loyalty to VCU" "You can go to this website to pay or I can process your donation now"