Season tickets

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
I saw giving levels... I didn't see season ticket prices.

Giving levels to me = RAF donation.... and for that I always give what I can afford.

So in terms of RAF Donations... my response remains the same as my post.... if we're talking season tickets prices, the only way I'd pay the same amount for less games is if the quality of OOC games that we do get at the STU went up. 1 less game is fine cause you can chalk it up as a road game part of a H&H usually... but anything more than that.... no not happening.

I mean we're getting rid of odu (a rivalry game... although it's lost its luster since they started football back up) for games like Jacksonville, Kennesaw State, Morgan State, Northern Illinois & Navy this year? I know some of those are part of that early season tourney.... but come on... I'd rather continue playing odu in H&H's every year than play these teams.
Couple things. VCU is not going on the road two any of those teams for the same reason they are currently choosing not to go to ODU. I also am willing to bet VCU would play ODU at the Stu every year.

Until VCU is a recurring preseason top 25 team, we can forget regular or multiple H&H with top tier schools. 20 game conference schedules and super conferences have made sure of that.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
Couple things. VCU is not going on the road two any of those teams for the same reason they are currently choosing not to go to ODU. I also am willing to bet VCU would play ODU at the Stu every year.

Until VCU is a recurring preseason top 25 team, we can forget regular or multiple H&H with top tier schools. 20 game conference schedules and super conferences have made sure of that.

I'm well aware we're not going on the road to any of those schools we are playing that I mentioned.... they are all 1 offs. My point was I'd rather do H&H's with odu rather than even play most of those teams I mentioned in home games. At least you know the odu games will test our players and even on years when we play at odu... its well within driving distance. In terms of game quality.... at odu would be & should be better than Jacksonville, Kennesaw State, Morgan State, Northern Illinois or Navy at home.

And yes I'm well aware that we're not going to get multiple H&H's with P5/6 teams until we start winning our conference more, go deep into march regularly & crack the Top 25 more.

But maybe you should go back and re-read my initial post to your question I literally said

"So I'd be willing to drop 3-4 home games if it means better opponents and occasional H&H's with P5/6 teams.... even though they'll be hard to come by."

I also said.... "But the problem with dropping that many games.... is they'll also have to drop season ticket prices a decent amount as well which means less money coming into the Ath. Dept."

and in my last post I literally spelled out the difference between giving levels (aka RAF Donations)... versus Season Ticket prices.

And yes.... if we were to drop 3 or 4 OOC home games for OOC road games of better quality.... they'd absolutely have to drop season ticket prices... No one in their right mind is gonna pay an average of $500 (on top of Donations) for 17-18 home games..... and then turn around and pay the same $500 (on top of their donations) for 13-14 home

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Has anyone received information on purchasing their season tickets?
Yes. Here is my email.....

Renewal Deadline: August 26, 2022
Click Here To View On Web Browser
RAF.jpg

RAF_Donate.jpg
RAF_UpcomingEvents.jpg
RAF_ContactUs.jpg

ticketrenewls2223.jpg

RAF_CheetahLowerBar.jpg

Interesting, Very Interesting

Interesting Very Interesting. The May deadline for RAF donation apparently is irrelevant. The $250 per seat RTP benefits did not really change for tax purposes as the VCU web page had the similar text for last year for $2,500 donors and above, but don't show B&G figures. The RTP benefits is supposed to be based on Fair Market value of the benefits received for the donation level. Per VCU benefits chart a $25,000 donor get more bennies than a B&G so the RTP IRS amount should be higher. If there are not sellouts the fee is not required as there are plenty of seats available for a non-donor to get good single game seats. There were only 68 RAF donors above $10,000 for 466 seats: 203 donors at $2,500 Champion's Society, Super Rams and Director's Society for 1072 tickets. There are 67 rows designated to $10,000 donors. I don't know how many per row. At 20 seats per row that's 1,340 seats, 1,675 for 25 seats. - there were only 2039 tickets sold last year. From VCU site --> "
Seat Upgrades

Season ticket holders who wish to upgrade their seats for the 2022-23 season will follow the donation requirements outlined in the donor seating chart. If you have a desire to upgrade your seats or add additional seats and increase your donation, please contact the VCU Athletics Ticket Office following your donation to discuss seating options. If you have a desire to relocate your seats or add additional seats without an increase in your donation, you will be limited to change within your current donor seating level."
New Season Ticket Holders

Although current season ticket holders will not be required to abide by the current donor seating chart, any new season ticket holders for the 2022-23 season must meet the donation requirement associated with their seat location. We will provide this benefit to you for the 2022-23 season as a sign of our appreciation for your consistent support of VCU Athletics.

Future Reseating

VCU Athletics will conduct a reseating prior to the 2023-24 and the 2026-27 seasons following a donor seating chart with required donations based on seating locations within the Siegel Center. Season ticket holders will receive more details about this process as we approach those seasons.

*Please note that below is only a projected seating chart based on historical giving and current season ticket holders. Giving requirements may change based on demand."

This last statement is definitely BS, as they did not know this information. If they hold to donation levels required, there will be lots of open seats that appear of TV games. The history proves it's BS. How are new ticket holders --> "as a sign of our appreciation for your consistent support of VCU Athletics." Consistent support for a new donor, LOL.

PiKappSpiffy1989

Elite Member
Reading all these text makes me believe my post is not going to be very well received..... But, had two of our guys drop out of our season tickets we have done for several years. In short, I have two tickets in section 24, row F (excellent seats, the refs know me by name). $10,000 donation/8 = $1,250 + $550 face value of tickets = $1,800 a piece. Would like to sell as a set. Let me know if you are interested. Text (804) 837-1586. I use the term "donation" loosely as it is not a donation. A donation is tax deductible, this $10,000 is not tax deductible...........

Reading all these text makes me believe my post is not going to be very well received..... But, had two of our guys drop out of our season tickets we have done for several years. In short, I have two tickets in section 24, row F (excellent seats, the refs know me by name). $10,000 donation/8 = $1,250 + $550 face value of tickets = $1,800 a piece. Would like to sell as a set. Let me know if you are interested. Text (804) 837-1586. I use the term "donation" loosely as it is not a donation. A donation is tax deductible, this $10,000 is not tax deductible...........
Only the fair market value amount of RTP benefits for donation level are non-deductible per 2018 tax law. The VCU website last year implied your 8 tickets would have $2,000 of the $10,000 non-deductible. They sent me a tax notice for it.

fmrick

Elite Member
Insider
Only the fair market value amount of RTP benefits for donation level are non-deductible per 2018 tax law. The VCU website last year implied your 8 tickets would have $2,000 of the $10,000 non-deductible. They sent me a tax notice for it.

It is only deductible for the person who actually makes the payment (donation). The person who handles the money gets the deduction. Not a bad deal for that person. Depending on your tax bracket, the person who handles the money might get their tickets for free, or actually make money.