Season tickets

Ramdog

Elite Member
Ain't that the truth. I'm hoping she decides to stay home this season, but I don't expect it. I'm all for cheering and giving the refs a bit of a hard time, but one slightly questionable call leads to her screaming for 15 minutes about it. Hard to take.
She is a great fan.

VCU85

Elite Member
She's definitely dedicated. I just wish she wouldn't use the megaphone while it's pointed directly at my ear.
Yeah my seats last year were on the same side, but a few sections to here right. I forgot all about her. I;m gone be closer to her this season.

That behavior is obnoxious, and people yelling into a megaephone in my ear wouldn't work for me.

I'll be right behind you. I have two seats in rows B and C. I was surprised when someone from the athletics department actually called me after a few years away from purchasing season tickets. I'm excited to be back in the building again. A phone call coupled with Ryan's return was too much for me to resist. Going to be good watching the team next to the band.
Did they require a RAF donation? Those seats require a $2,500 RAF donation per the seating chart. IT does not surprise me they are reaching out to previous ST purchasers, they had about 3,000 unsold last info. I got via FOIA. There is no way they will be able to get enough $10,000 RAF donors to sell all those seats. There were 517 seats sold for $10 K donors and above for 2022-23. Then 829 for $2,500 to $7,500 and 1223 for $1,750 and below, totaling 2051 tickets of 5,000 available.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
Yeah my seats last year were on the same side, but a few sections to here right. I forgot all about her. I;m gone be closer to her this season.

That behavior is obnoxious, and people yelling into a megaephone in my ear wouldn't work for me.
Someone needs to put a bounty on that megaphone to go missing. I’ll throw $50 in the kitty to make it disappear. There is no place for that kind of performance enhancing BS at a game, bring your own voice or stay home. If one can’t cheer without cheating, it’s only a matter of time before societal collapse.

VCU85

Elite Member
Someone needs to put a bounty on that megaphone to go missing. I’ll throw $50 in the kitty to make it disappear. There is no place for that kind of performance enhancing BS at a game, bring your own voice or stay home. If one can’t cheer without cheating, it’s only a matter of time before societal collapse.

Some people just don't deserve opposable thumbs.

SteveMM

Elite Member

Frankly I've been kind of hoping that maybe she she'd read this message board and thus hear what a pain in the ass (ear?) she is. No luck so far. She would take an occasional game off last year and pass her tickets to friends. Those were heavenly games. On a related note, the other thing she did that was worrisome is that when she yelled into her megaphone she would lower her mask. So, not only was she amplifying her voice and absolutely ruining my right ear, she was amplifying her spit while doing it. Our friend who manages the season ticket block for us did finally ask her to keep her mask up, and she complied.

Ram14

Elite Member
Insider
Has anyone taken a couple minutes to approach her before a game or after a game ( a win of course) and just tell her in a nice way how you feel and how it negatively impacts your experience?

SteveMM

Elite Member
Has anyone taken a couple minutes to approach her before a game or after a game ( a win of course) and just tell her in a nice way how you feel and how it negatively impacts your experience?
I thought our plan was to change seats this year but that didn't happen. I don't want to tell anyone not to cheer, but I think I'm going to have to have a chat with her if she's still in her same seat this time around.

Ramdog

Elite Member
I thought our plan was to change seats this year but that didn't happen. I don't want to tell anyone not to cheer, but I think I'm going to have to have a chat with her if she's still in her same seat this time around.
She will be...she is a big time donor...you know the kind everybody complains about just sitting on their hands