Season tickets

HBK

Elite Member
She will be...she is a big time donor...you know the kind everybody complains about just sitting on their hands
Well said, sir. She and her husband not only donate a lot, they have raised loads of money for athletics over the years. They attend games for most of the other sports, too. Those two are exactly the kinds of donors and fans every school wants.

HBK

Elite Member
Being loud is good. But if it’s bothering your own fans, then you need to reconsider.

Loud = Good

Obnoxious = Bad
There’s the rub. If it bothers just one person, but no one else, then should she stop? What if she bothers two people? How many before she should stop? Who gets to decide that?

Now, I know she and her husband are wonderful people, so if someone asked her politely to tone it down, then I have no doubt she would.

However, we talk about the need for a loud and rowdy atmosphere all the time. Making noise is a part of that. She is different than some loud mouth drunks I’ve heard over the years at sporting events. She’s not cursing and being offensive in any way.

There’s the rub. If it bothers just one person, but no one else, then should she stop? What if she bothers two people? How many before she should stop? Who gets to decide that?

Now, I know she and her husband are wonderful people, so if someone asked her politely to tone it down, then I have no doubt she would.

However, we talk about the need for a loud and rowdy atmosphere all the time. Making noise is a part of that. She is different than some loud mouth drunks I’ve heard over the years at sporting events. She’s not cursing and being offensive in any way.Can
Can she yell without the megaphone?

VCU Heel

Elite Member

However, we talk about the need for a loud and rowdy atmosphere all the time. Making noise is a part of that. She is different than some loud mouth drunks I’ve heard over the years at sporting events. She’s not cursing and being offensive in any way./
It sounds like she’s causing physical discomfort for at least one person in front of her. As Mike asked… can she just not use the megaphone?

SteveMM

Elite Member
She will be...she is a big time donor...you know the kind everybody complains about just sitting on their hands
I see what you did there. I'm all about screaming and carrying on during the game, just not in my ear with a megaphone.

SteveMM

Elite Member
It sounds like she’s causing physical discomfort for at least one person in front of her. As Mike asked… can she just not use the megaphone?
Believe me ... I'm not the only one. Not using the megaphone would solve the problem, for sure. Her constant yells of "YOU'RE TERRIBLE, REF!" would only be a minor annoyance at that point.

HBK

Elite Member
Can she yell without the megaphone?
I'm sure she could. Unless someone tells her it's a problem, then why would she stop using the megaphone. Someone who is bothered should mention it to her in a nice way. She's a really nice person, so I'm sure she'd change her approach.

I absolutely understand that it can be annoying. I'm in that general area of the Stu, so I hear it, too. It's just funny how some people on RamNation complain about the high-dollar donors and how quiet they are. Then, we have a high dollar donor who cheers and people complain. It makes me laugh.

Love2Ram

Elite Member
Insider
Did they require a RAF donation? Those seats require a $2,500 RAF donation per the seating chart. IT does not surprise me they are reaching out to previous ST purchasers, they had about 3,000 unsold last info. I got via FOIA. There is no way they will be able to get enough $10,000 RAF donors to sell all those seats. There were 517 seats sold for $10 K donors and above for 2022-23. Then 829 for $2,500 to $7,500 and 1223 for $1,750 and below, totaling 2051 tickets of 5,000 available.
Yes and I gave more than the minimum for the seats.