Seat Selection

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
9/9 10:24 Guess I'll end up on the cat walk with the Flying Dog girls.
I have to believe that the high rollers get far more time to ponder their choices leaving us po relations seconds.
But as someone pointed out, at least we get somewhere.

Hey as long as I get in the door, I'm happy!

irradiated_ram

Insider
Jan 23, 2013
On second thought: I watched the tutorial and it seems easy, but I can't actually find where you can log-in (other than the main ticket part on the vcuathletic website) that looks the same as the one in the tutorial. Sigh.

The email said the link to the seating tool won't be sent out until the week of Aug 26.

Ramaholic

Top Member
Mar 8, 2010
9/9 10:24 Guess I'll end up on the cat walk with the Flying Dog girls.
I have to believe that the high rollers get far more time to ponder their choices leaving us po relations seconds.
But as someone pointed out, at least we get somewhere.

Don't know if we are high rollers or not. We are in the $25,000+ and we are #34 overall and pick at 10:12 9/3. We get a three minute window. Aside from a few handshakes a year from Ed and Rao, I don't think we get any more (other than better seats) than most folks . And certainly not more access than FMRick and DB! (I still have to follow their posts to find out what is going on in the program) VCU is getting a much higher profile and accessabilty and free stuff is becoming a thing of the past for everyone. The good news is the quality of the program makes it all worth while.

Selection Date & Time: 9/3/2013 10:12 AM

Reactions: xjohnx

fmrick

Top Member
Insider
Apr 19, 2009
Just watched the Video. It looks pretty easy to me. Should take me about 10 seconds to pick my two new seats.

September 3, 2013 at 12:15 pm

fmrick

Top Member
Insider
Apr 19, 2009
I was thinking that through, but t dawned on me there could be others ranked between the 2 of us that aren't getting season tickets, so it may actually be the 3 minutes mentioned earlier instead of 85 secs. It's quick, whatever the case. What's intriguing to me is by day 4, it's into the 1400's, but 2000+ is 3 days after that. Probably reflects the lower ticket per donor count, which results in more appointments. Also, notice in the email if you don't do anything, 1 hour after your appointment they will assign you best available.

No, according to the video, you have 30 minutes to select your seats. But if someone else comes in, they might get their selections in BEFORE you. So, if you have 30 minutes, there COULD BE a few people in the system. At the moment you enter, there could be 19 people in before you (I'm using 90 seconds). But most of will be long gone before their time is up. Plus, because they are using the overall ranking, the people in the room will be more widely distributed in a couple different donor levels.

So pick quick and don't take too long, or someone BEHIND you might get the seats you want!

Reactions: RowdyPkunk

xjohnx

Original Gangster
Top Member
Feb 9, 2009
Just to confirm, will we be able to see available seats in realtime as they're snatched up in the 15-20 minutes preceding our appointments?

VCU Heel

Top Member
Aug 7, 2012
9/3
3:45pm

I've done this exact process through this same company for my UNC football tickets. That was a much more complicated process since there were about 6 times as many season ticket holders in that. It was very easy to do online, but I have a few suggestions:

1. Have the phone number available just in case there is a computer problem (either on your end or the company's).
2. Log on each night starting 1-2 days before your date and start looking at what seats might be available. Then log on an hour or so ahead of your time and try to have a handful of options selected.
3. If you're ahead of me, then don't pick the seats that I want.

Jan 30, 2010
If it becomes your time and there are seats available in a lower or higher section of donation, will you be able to purchase those or will it keep you just in your donation level section? My guess is they will hold any seats unsold in the lower sections for single game sales. Thanks

May 5, 2009
Clue me in. I already ready have my seats assigned from a letter that I received. I do not understand the selection process that you are going through.....?