Senior Class

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
By the way @WillWeaverRVA, not sure what you mean about have time to correct things. No game at this point looks like a gimme to me.
VCU is the almost, not quite, but almost the Seattle Seahawks of college basketball. We play to the level of our opponent. We dig holes and then try to rally back. Just like the Seahawks found out on Sunday, that is a recipe for failure.

No gimme games for us.

Last edited:

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
VCU is the almost, not quite, but almost the Seattle Seahawks of college basketball. We play to the level of our opponent. We did holes and then try to rally back. Just like the Seahawks found out on Sunday, that is a recipe for failure.

No gimme games for us.
Actually, that isn't a bad comparison at all. We do seem to play up or down to our opponent's level more often than we should.

Sep 2, 2013
Some of you are upset with the "way we look" during wins? How are we supposed to look? Lets put things into perspective; we don't have a team full of five-star recruits. The highest-rated guys are DJ and Bones, and both are playing on par. The rest of the guys are playing their hearts out too.
Even the best teams in college basketball have problems scoring sometime. Our team is built around defense and we are top 50 right now.

May 4, 2012
Why are you all worried about what UR is doing? Yes, they are our rivals, but their failure or success doesn't affect VCU basketball. Personally, I wish them well until we play them.
they recall going 0-2 with them not so long ago perhaps ?

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
Why are you all worried about what UR is doing? Yes, they are our rivals, but their failure or success doesn't affect VCU basketball. Personally, I wish them well until we play them.
Well, it does to the extent that the more successful they are, the better it will be for us if and when we beat them.

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
I remember hearing on the broadcast last night that MR said the team plays better on the road than at home.
Sounds good but I don't think the results reflect that. We've only won two games away from the Stu, one game (Charleston) we were down 8 at half time and won by four. The other was Mason who we handled pretty easily. I'm not seeing how that statement is remotely true (I'm sure someone will post some advanced stats for make the case).

Reactions: RamStrut
Apr 19, 2009
Dayton can shoot/score- we can't. In fact we have almost always struggled with scoring. VCU is the king of scoring droughts and has been since the FF run. We all thought Evan's was going to be the go-to guy we've needed but that was an unrealistic expectation on our part and not very fair to him.
But he was that guy last year. I think he literally won more than a few games for us late and it wasn't just him holding the ball and trying to make a hero play. Even when it was passed around it got back to him with a few seconds left in the shot clock.