Senior Class

Nov 10, 2012
10 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 steal, and 0 blocks from 4 seniors tonight.

Next year will be addition by subtraction.

Clark, McAllister, and Ward looked better than upperclassmen tonight. Not to mention Bones leading us in scoring. Play the freshmen and Curry more. Play the seniors less.
Pretty disappointing effort by a group of seniors in a big game like that.

Jul 14, 2011
Clark, McAllister, and Ward looked better than upperclassmen tonight. Not to mention Bones leading us in scoring. Play the freshmen and Curry more. Play the seniors less.
Which of our freshman outside of bones will start shooting and making 3s? Or are we only going to focus on driving the ball. 13 of the 20 shots that people are using to emphasize how our upper classmen dropped the ball were on 3 point attempts. The majority contested. If nothing changes with our offense we will be saying the same about every single class that comes through.

Our O is the most predictable I have seen since a couple of the Shaka years: pas the ball around the arc, occasionally set a pick but rarely even look at the roller, pass or inside and cut away from the ball, then have one guy drive to the basket with the hopes that he scores or can draw enough attention to free someone up. we have very few off ballscreens and people tend to just stand on the 3 pt line without making cuts to get open.If anything I would say this coaching staff failed the seniors which have failed us. It feels as if everything was just centered around Evans doing his thing and hoping it opens up other players.

You look at crow who is shooting well at the arc. Would have been 50% had he not been handed the ball with 1 second left on the shot clock and forced to jack up a 3. Why are we not running plays to open him up like did Troy? Run a double pick underneath or an elevator screen at the top of the key. Coach to our strengths instead of forcing the same thing every play.

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
We didn't win, but this was one of the best defensive showings I've seen all year. I'm upset at the result of the game but loved the effort.
I was pretty impressed with how we were able to shut down Toppin for much of the night. He didn't really get into the game until the latter portion of the second half.

Reactions: DevDog
Mar 1, 2015
This was a great takeaway from the game. SS really held his own on Obi for most of the night.
He did. But More important than holding ground, Toppin wasn’t allowed to run 94’ in a straight line to the basket like last time, and he never caught the ball in a scoring position. The announcer pointed out how the blew up those hand offs too. Good job getting at Crutcher as well, neither murdered us. Rule of thumb, you do most of your work on a guard when he has the ball, and a big when he doesn’t. I think they did what they could (defensively) to put themselves in a position to win against one of the best teams in the country. Just didn’t happen.

Jan 15, 2020
I appreciate what they’ve done but I’m ready for this class to go.

Also I wouldn’t be surprised to see Dayton out the first weekend. We absolutely showed the blue print to beat them. I wasn’t that impressed and if we shot just alittle better or made FTs we win that game handily. I could see URI dominating them in their house.

Mar 1, 2015
I appreciate what they’ve done but I’m ready for this class to go.

Also I wouldn’t be surprised to see Dayton out the first weekend. We absolutely showed the blue print to beat them. I wasn’t that impressed and if we shot just alittle better or made FTs we win that game handily. I could see URI dominating them in their house.
It’s hard to win this many games in a row. It would serve Dayton well to drop a game now I think. As far as a blueprint to beat them, it was a loss.

Reactions: mrgeode
Jan 15, 2020
It’s hard to win this many games in a row. It would serve Dayton well to drop a game now I think. As far as a blueprint to beat them, it was a loss.
Keep him from under the basket and play tough. He spent most of the get trying to clear our dude’s out with his arm. When we played him physical he turned and whines to the ref constantly that he didn’t get the call. He expects a call anytime he’s touched. He’ll learn real quick how that won’t fly in the nba. Quite simply don’t let him run the floor unchallenged and make him work inside. URI will definitely shoot better than our seniors so I see 10-15pt win for them. I hardly thought they looked like a top 5 team.