Staff Shaka to Marquette (#DoneDeal)

HAVOC still lives here

Elite Member
Ehhh. You play in the P5 pool, you swim with the P5 sharks.
Put it this way, do you doubt there are a lot of Texas donors who would gladly pay a recruit to come t Austin?
I’m saying absolutely in a New York minute. I don’t know how crap rolls in Texas so I will have to measure based on NY.

I was bitter but to be honest I think VCU is in a better place now.I believe that MR is a better recruiter and game day coach than Smart
What?
You mean there is more to basketball than pressing, high ball screens, and letting your best player go one on five to score when you get under a minute?
That and not sitting down pretty much covers everything Shaka has as a coach

RAMification

Elite Member
I think Texas will reach out to Chris Beard. He is an alumnus and as stated earlier was a Grad Asst. there as well. You also have Kelvin Sampson at Houston who has been extremely successful there. He can sure get you to the NCAA's. I just don't see them going in that direction.

RamsFan1974

Elite Member
Interesting that Shaka (Assuming the Marquette story is true) follows in line with the other young gun coaches that left VCU then having it not work out long term at the school they left for.
Capel to Ok
Grant to AL
Smart to Texas
Wade to LSU* counting my chickens based on the investigation there

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
I am huge Barry Switzer fan.
Barry still lives in Norman, has a big ole house right off campus, its safe to say he probably hasn’t paid for dinner in a long, long time.

Last edited: