Staff Shaka to Marquette (#DoneDeal)

Ram14

Elite Member
Insider
I heard cheers and saw folks stand and cheer, I am sure some idiots booed, but that was not the feel of the arena. Anybody who ever would boo Shaka or even cheer against him unless against us is missing a screw. The man was a class act as was his wife, he was passionate and loyal to VCU even when he finally departed. Said here many times, it tore him up leaving but every advice he received was he had to make that move then. Shaka led us to our greatest joy in the history of the program and then instead of cashing in, he stayed 4 more great seasons. Nah, The Stu honored Tre and overall it gave a warm virtual welcome to Shaka.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
I heard cheers and saw folks stand and cheer, I am sure some idiots booed, but that was not the feel of the arena. Anybody who ever would boo Shaka or even cheer against him unless against us is missing a screw. The man was a class act as was his wife, he was passionate and loyal to VCU even when he finally departed. Said here many times, it tore him up leaving but every advice he received was he had to make that move then. Shaka led us to our greatest joy in the history of the program and then instead of cashing in, he stayed 4 more great seasons. Nah, The Stu honored Tre and overall it gave a warm virtual welcome to Shaka.
I would not be surprised at all if Coach Smart stayed those four seasons due to Treveon.