Siegel Center Experience

I am beyond thrilled to be back at the Stu, but the staff needs to get back into regular season form.
The ushers are allowing people to go to their seats during game play. They used to have stop/go signs that they held at the top of the aisle. Maybe they lost them, but they need to bust them out and use them.
Can we also get something posted about how long beer sales will last. IIRC, beer sales used to stop at the under 12 in the 2nd half. Last night they were cut off right after halftime.
The Stu is one of the best arenas in college basketball. We need staff that supports the experience.
Here ends the rant.

RamDanFan

Elite Member
I am beyond thrilled to be back at the Stu, but the staff needs to get back into regular season form.
The ushers are allowing people to go to their seats during game play. They used to have stop/go signs that they held at the top of the aisle. Maybe they lost them, but they need to bust them out and use them.
Can we also get something posted about how long beer sales will last. IIRC, beer sales used to stop at the under 12 in the 2nd half. Last night they were cut off right after halftime.
The Stu is one of the best arenas in college basketball. We need staff that supports the experience.
Here ends the rant.

I recall that they always stopped beer sales at the conclusion of halftime. With no Commonwealth Room etc..., they should do some strategically placed pop up beer sale coolers at halftime to handle the increased sales.

VAHills

Elite Member
Insider
End of halftime is what it's always been from the beginning, I'm sure.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
End of halftime is what it's always been from the beginning, I'm sure.
This is correct.
RMC Events took the stop/go signs to the Richmond City Health Department's COVID-19 vaccination clinics and I'm guessing the health department still has the signs.

Newboy

Elite Member
No doubt in my mind that the atmosphere will pick up as the season goes on, and tickets will once again be hard to come by.

onelasttime

Elite Member
The masking situation was much better last night. Not that it was enforced in any different way, just more people doing it right.

I guess "better" is subjective in this case.

I live in an SEC town and went to the opening game at the arena last night. No particular restrictions or requirements, just a classic, normal basketball experience (or at least 95% so). It was a great time, and the presence of faces make for a better shared experience. It's strange for me to see the crowd shots at the Stu.

Last edited:

rammad90

Elite Member
I guess "better" is subjective in this case.

I live in an SEC town and went to the opening game at the arena last night. No particular restrictions or requirements, just a classic, normal basketball experience (or at least 95% so). It was a great time, and the presence of faces make for a better shared experience. It's strange for me to see the crowd shots at the Stu.
I trade safety for the "normal basketball experience". People are still being infected by this virus. Oh and people are still dying. Put on the mask and let's enjoy the game safely.

Oh and for all please wash your hands

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
The masking situation was much better last night. Not that it was enforced in any different way, just more people doing it right.
Somebody took a screenshot of me behind the game announcerss last night, and some joker who saw it in a FB group is in the comments demanding me take my mask off, LOL.

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
They tried harder to enforce the mask mandate but people were trolling the ushers and mocking them. Revolting conduct, really.

It was great to be back. Crowd sounded as always in stretches.

onelasttime

Elite Member
I trade safety for the "normal basketball experience". People are still being infected by this virus. Oh and people are still dying. Put on the mask and let's enjoy the game safely.

Oh and for all please wash your hands

If people truly wish to be covid-conscious, I would suggest avoiding indoor arenas where thousands of people are hooting and hollering for two hours (not to mention removing their masks anyways for food and drink). At that point the masking effect is marginal and mostly symbolic.

To be perfectly frank, it represents a failure of public health communication that people see non-standardized masks as an all-purpose, hard dividing line between "safe" and "unsafe."

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
The Stu is one of the best arenas in college
If people truly wish to be covid-conscious, I would suggest avoiding indoor arenas where thousands of people are hooting and hollering for two hours (not to mention removing their masks anyways for food and drink). At that point the masking effect is marginal and mostly symbolic.

To be perfectly frank, it represents a failure of public health communication that people see non-standardized masks as an all-purpose, hard dividing line between "safe" and "unsafe."
The dudes playing this whole simulation thing are having a good old time with humanity

Natty

Co-Founder
Elite Member
Insider
Random note from last night: I feel like some previous equipment the Peppas used (namely some very large speakers) were absent from their setup last night. Anyone know the word on that? Felt like there was an old platform and some giant speakers absent, but maybe I'm wrong.

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
Random note from last night: I feel like some previous equipment the Peppas used (namely some very large speakers) were absent from their setup last night. Anyone know the word on that? Felt like there was an old platform and some giant speakers absent, but maybe I'm wrong.
I don't know but the audio accompanying the intro video was atrocious. Embarrassing. Incompetent. The intro video in prior years was stirring; this made me cringe

Ramdog

Elite Member
I don't know but the audio accompanying the intro video was atrocious. Embarrassing. Incompetent. The intro video in prior years was stirring; this made me cringe
Yep...couldn't hear it... don’t know why the changed the format of the intro video...it has work for years... crowd yelling at the appropriate time ...it’s called tradition.
and for the love of god fix the horn...awful .