Siegel Center Experience

Newboy

Elite Member
Did you take him to every game after that first one, or did you apply some sort of sense to when you took him. At 18 months they are still drooling all over themselves and can just crap their diaper…..i think the tough sled is 2-4 when they become complete jerks at times, i found five to be tolerable and as we approach six, i can see how all this sentimental drivel may work out.
Go Rams!

Hook

Elite Member
Insider
My wife and I went to the VCU game on a Saturday night. Daughter born Sunday night. My wife, newly born daughter and yours truly at the VCU game Wednesday night. Now taking my grandkids to the games. My daughter (life time ram) has taught them well.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
My wife and I went to the VCU game on a Saturday night. Daughter born Sunday night. My wife, newly born daughter and yours truly at the VCU game Wednesday night. Now taking my grandkids to the games. My daughter (life time ram) has taught them well.
This is a great story and I mean that….but as a parent of an almost six year old, i am certain all of you people with adult children have one or some combo of the following:

a) PTSD and denial
b) terrible memories
c) the greatest children of all time
d) Stockholm syndrome
e) no darn sense

Goop

Elite Member
Did you take him to every game after that first one, or did you apply some sort of sense to when you took him. At 18 months they are still drooling all over themselves and can just crap their diaper…..i think the tough sled is 2-4 when they become complete jerks at times, i found five to be tolerable and as we approach six, i can see how all this sentimental drivel may work out.
Not saying it’s easy at all, but I tried to take him to as many games as possible. I also had my dad going, so that made it easier. Everyone’s situation is different, but to say not to take them unless they paid for a ticket is a little extreme in my opinion.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
Not saying it’s easy at all, but I tried to take him to as many games as possible. I also had my dad going, so that made it easier. Everyone’s situation is different, but to say not to take them unless they paid for a ticket is a little extreme in my opinion.
It’s all in fun. I take my kid to games and despite my posts, he is usually not the anti-christ. The disadvantage to having a child late in life, is you know how much fun some things can be without them…..not all things, just some things like live sporting events. Good to know it gets better.

Goop

Elite Member
It’s all in fun. I take my kid to games and despite my posts, he is usually not the anti-christ. The disadvantage to having a child late in life, is you know how much fun some things can be without them…..not all things, just some things like live sporting events. Good to know it gets better.
Haha yeah man it’ll get easier once they get older! Honestly even at a young age, mine was pretty good as long as I bought him Dippin Dots lol.

I think I'm an expert in this. I'm 60 and have two teenagers at home. Life is grand with them. I'm doing all I can to help them launch successfully. I'll be so proud and sad when they go...with my then new found freedom and "fun."

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
I will never forget going to the VCU/ODU CAA championship game in 2011. Dean Ehlers the former JMU athletic director (may he rest in peace) gave me his courtside JMU tickets. When I arrived the section had become the ODU family section right behind the bench. A young woman had her baby with her. I found out pretty quickly that it was Frank "The Tank" Hassell's daughter and his girlfriend. At the end of the game she was waving that baby around like a pom pom. That was a wild night. I left to the sound of NIT! NIT! NIT! The world would be turned on it's ear less than a month later.

I will never forget going to the VCU/ODU CAA championship game in 2011. Dean Ehlers the former JMU athletic director (may he rest in peace) gave me his courtside JMU tickets. When I arrived the section had become the ODU family section right behind the bench. A young woman had her baby with her. I found out pretty quickly that it was Frank "The Tank" Hassell's daughter and his girlfriend. At the end of the game she was waving that baby around like a pom pom. That was a wild night. I left to the sound of NIT! NIT! NIT! The world would be turned on it's ear less than a month later.
I’m not sure I’ve hated odu more than after that game. Their dumb lion injuring Nixon with the powder bs, coming back from 20 down but not pulling it off, and the darn taunting from mid court by the fans that stormed with loud nit chants at the student section as we’re leaving. I thought they ruined my senior year.

F them. F them all. Glad they had to watch us run to the F4 while they got their hearts shattered. If only Butler hadn’t decided to go full 3 ball death from above mode against us. Then lay a darn egg in the final.

Ramaholic

Elite Member
I’m not sure I’ve hated odu more than after that game. Their dumb lion injuring Nixon with the powder bs, coming back from 20 down but not pulling it off, and the darn taunting from mid court by the fans that stormed with loud nit chants at the student section as we’re leaving. I thought they ruined my senior year.

F them. F them all. Glad they had to watch us run to the F4 while they got their hearts shattered. If only Butler hadn’t decided to go full 3 ball death from above mode against us. Then lay a darn egg in the final.
Wow! Without knowing it at the moment, 2 very similarly positioned and pedigreed programs (and cooaches) diverged on 2 completely opposite trajectories.

Wow! Without knowing it at the moment, 2 very similarly positioned and pedigreed programs (and cooaches) diverged on 2 completely opposite trajectories.
That year was such a roller coaster. I made so many road trips. I remember Joey’s clinching three at JMU after the arena lost its 💩 about a travel uncalled. At odu my buds and I had second row seats behind the basket. My buds didn’t believe the seats we had until we got there. I remember how angry that arena was that we owned that place. Joey silencing them with a three. Skeen holding up the VCU up at our fans when we won. Then we unravel getting crush by odu where trailing 9 at half was honestly go for us considering. Mason blasting our doors off causing a mass exodus and infamous F you chant at Mason. None of us had hopes for the CAA tourney. The buzzer beater against Drexel was bananas. Running #25 Mason out. Then the darn odu game I mentioned. Little did we know what all that would lead to.

That was the most intense game I have ever been to. You could cut the hate with a knife. Luckily I didn’t have one.

That year was such a roller coaster. I made so many road trips. I remember Joey’s clinching three at JMU after the arena lost its 💩 about a travel uncalled. At odu my buds and I had second row seats behind the basket. My buds didn’t believe the seats we had until we got there. I remember how angry that arena was that we owned that place. Joey silencing them with a three. Skeen holding up the VCU up at our fans when we won. Then we unravel getting crush by odu where trailing 9 at half was honestly go for us considering. Mason blasting our doors off causing a mass exodus and infamous F you chant at Mason. None of us had hopes for the CAA tourney. The buzzer beater against Drexel was bananas. Running #25 Mason out. Then the darn odu game I mentioned. Little did we know what all that would lead to.
The ncaa tournament was odd. I think UCONN finished around 500 and needed the big east tournament to get in. Kemba was great, but that was definitely a year someone like VCU could have stolen it. Honestly, ODU was good enough to win it all. That play Butler made was hard to believe.