Siegel Center Experience

rvaram

Elite Member
If we beat Syracuse at the Siegel center by double digits I'm pretty sure the crowd would be very loud.

Money talks and bullshi.t walks. Someone has to fund charter planes, buy games, multi million dollar salaries and $25m practice facilities and it can't all be done off student fees.

That said some common sense tweaks to food/beverage, band and black painted rafters would be easy enough and improve game day experience at minimal cost.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
That’s a good sign he’s willing to talk and listen. Hopefully something productive can be achieved.
Yeah, the fact that Ed and the athletic department are open to ideas and suggestions is a good thing. It’s great that they’re willing to listen.

Ram14

Elite Member
Insider
The effort this team has shown the last two days deserves a welcome home at The Stu with a full house the next home game. A full house that raised heck, one that gives the team the home court advantage and one that gives the team confidence. The intensity with which they play defense couple with an engaged and loud Stu will "wreak Havoc" again on Broad Street. It's always hard around the holidays to get a lot of students in the house but enough live nearby to bust that place open.

Newboy

Elite Member
More like all wallet.

I personally like loud games, he likes games full of corporate donors.
They have already taken over and started tapping people on the shoulder and expecting people to sit down and stop yelling.
I thought you stopped attending?

VCU Finance 2008

Elite Member
More like all wallet.

I personally like loud games, he likes games full of corporate donors.
They have already taken over and started tapping people on the shoulder and expecting people to sit down and stop yelling.
The corporate donor thing has become the boogyman that everyone blames everything on. Our first few years in the A10 / last few years with Shaka the team was on fire, Briante was all over the court, HAVOC was peaking, the band was on fire, and the crowds were going crazy. That was also when corporate donor money was at its highest.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
The corporate donor thing has become the boogyman that everyone blames everything on. Our first few years in the A10 / last few years with Shaka the team was on fire, Briante was all over the court, HAVOC was peaking, the band was on fire, and the crowds were going crazy. That was also when corporate donor money was at its highest.
As far as I can tell there are plenty of tickets available at a reasonable cost if anyone that is complaining wants to come and yell for the Rams.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
As far as I can tell there are plenty of tickets available at a reasonable cost if anyone that is complaining wants to come and yell for the Rams.
Yup. Want to see a game? Buy a ticket. You might actually get a really good seat. It's an advantage to the sellout streak being over. And for people complaining about the costs of game tickets, there are some ticket deals available, and barring that they're dirt cheap on Vivid Seats or StubHub. I wish these folks would just shut up and do that.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Yup. Want to see a game? Buy a ticket. You might actually get a really good seat. It's an advantage to the sellout streak being over. And for people complaining about the costs of game tickets, there are some ticket deals available, and barring that they're dirt cheap on Vivid Seats or StubHub. I wish these folks would just shut up and do that.
The thing that gets on my nerves are the complaints about season tickets being too expensive with the donation requirement. I pay for them and if I really wanted to lessen the cost I would just buy tickets game by game. Railing against the AD and fans for doing their best to support the program gets old. Purchase individual tickets and make it better or just go kick rocks.

Last edited:

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
The thing that gets on my nerves is the complaints about season tickets being too expensive with the donation requirement. I pay for them and if I really wanted to lessen the cost I would just buy tickets game by game. Railing against the AD and fans for doing their best to support the program gets old. Purchase individual tickets and make it better or just go kick rocks.

I think you will see more fans do exactly that, but prior to this year, that wasn't an option. Unfortunately, the athletic department has now created that option while reducing revenue.

Mercury

Elite Member
The thing that gets on my nerves are the complaints about season tickets being too expensive with the donation requirement. I pay for them and if I really wanted to lessen the cost I would just buy tickets game by game. Railing against the AD and fans for doing their best to support the program gets old. Purchase individual tickets and make it better or just go kick rocks.
In my experience, people who complain about the price of something usually weren’t going to buy it anyways.