Siegel Center Experience

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
I definitely think there is an issue with the value of season tickets compared to single game tickets as costs have increased and benefits have been stripped away, but that wont stop me from attending games. Individual ticket prices have gone down the past few years if you use ticket packages and promo codes. People who claimed to have been priced out either arent trying or just want something to nancy about.
And even after the Final Four the packages and availability was there at it's highest demand.

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
In my experience, people who complain about the price of something usually weren’t going to buy it anyways.

There is nothing worse in life than having something and then not being able to afford it.

Love2Ram

Elite Member
Insider
I would welcome a rowdy section for people outside the students. Entering the price hikes over the last 10 years we had clusters around mid court facing the bench that were sure to remind visiting teams they were traveling. Perhaps if we carved out a small section, added a warning label for anyone wanting to purchase seats in the area, we could assemble a significant group of fans who prefer those around them to stand frequently while cheering and share their enthusiasm for nutty public behavior. It wouldn't take much and it gives the more passionate spectators freedom from worrying about offending others behind them. If it caught on, some of the energy would probably bleed into other sections. My recommendation would be on the side near the baseline and facing the visitor's bench so that it feeds off the band and students. Essentially I am asking for us to build a crazy section where we would be encouraged to let loose while breathing some life into the place.

Last edited:

DisplacedRam

Elite Member
Insider
outside of the folks who stand for the entire game I would guess that nobody stands up more than me, I am constantly popping up and yelling something and have personally never heard any complaints. Are we sure that this is actually a prevalent thing or just fun complaint fodder for the boards 🙄

VCU Finance 2008

Elite Member
And even after the Final Four the packages and availability was there at it's highest demand.
Yeah there have always been a few extra tickets available at the beginning of the season. There were a few years where it was really tough to get extra tickets if you didn't know people that had extra tickets, and then a few years following that where people assumed it was impossible to get tickets. I think that was one of the issues of promoting the sellout streak so heavily.

Ramdog

Elite Member
Where are the guys that used to dress up and sit near the visitors bench

Newboy

Elite Member
Insider
Where are the guys that used to dress up and sit near the visitors bench
One of them spends his time at Tech. His daughter and my daughter are freshman there and run in the same circles. Pretty sure he is the one that had the tickets.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
And one question for you. I see you sitting in different seats almost every game. What's up with that? Why don't you sit in your season ticket seats every game?
Admittedly I'm guilty of not sitting in my season ticket seats myself, I stand in the west end front row in GA.... but thats cause I like to stand well be rowdy & stomp on metal steps to try & create noise... but my seats are not far from where I stand.

I would welcome a rowdy section for people outside the students. Entering the price hikes over the last 10 years we had clusters around mid court facing the bench that were sure to remind visiting teams they were traveling. Perhaps if we carved out a small section, added a warning label for anyone wanting to purchase seats in the area, we could assemble a significant group of fans who prefer those around them to stand frequently while cheering and share their enthusiasm for nutty public behavior. It wouldn't take much and it gives the more passionate spectators freedom from worrying about offending others behind them. If it caught on, some of the energy would probably bleed into other sections. My recommendation would be on the side near the baseline and facing the visitor's bench so that it feeds off the band and students. Essentially I am asking for us to build a crazy section where we would be encouraged to let lose while breathing some life into the place.
Essentially thats what the first couple rows of the west end GA section, closest to the VCU bench are. We stand pretty much all game & try to be rowdy. Now Idk how many are season ticket holders besides me & the 2 people that I have tickets with.... but a lot of them just by single game tickets to every VCU home game that they can attend. Idk the exact number for sure... but we are all in the GA section... because its the only section we can stand in.... and people can't b***h about it... well at least not to the point that security can do anything about it.

While its not designated as a rowdy or standing section... it's basically what it has become.... at least for a good 20-30 of us... sometime more.

theyaintwantit

Elite Member
The thing that gets on my nerves are the complaints about season tickets being too expensive with the donation requirement. I pay for them and if I really wanted to lessen the cost I would just buy tickets game by game. Railing against the AD and fans for doing their best to support the program gets old. Purchase individual tickets and make it better or just go kick rocks
Or you can answer Wes McElroy’s trivia question on his radio show and win 2 free tickets like yours truly did yesterday.

Anybody know who was the first VCU player to appear in an NBA game?

theyaintwantit

Elite Member
I would welcome a rowdy section for people outside the students. Entering the price hikes over the last 10 years we had clusters around mid court facing the bench that were sure to remind visiting teams they were traveling. Perhaps if we carved out a small section, added a warning label for anyone wanting to purchase seats in the area, we could assemble a significant group of fans who prefer those around them to stand frequently while cheering and share their enthusiasm for nutty public behavior. It wouldn't take much and it gives the more passionate spectators freedom from worrying about offending others behind them. If it caught on, some of the energy would probably bleed into other sections. My recommendation would be on the side near the baseline and facing the visitor's bench so that it feeds off the band and students. Essentially I am asking for us to build a crazy section where we would be encouraged to let lose while breathing some life into the place.
This x 1000. I naturally have nervous energy at all times. I have a stand up desk at work and I love it. If it weren’t for sensitive people behind me at The Stu, I’d stand the whole game.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
Or you can answer Wes McElroy’s trivia question on his radio show and win 2 free tickets like yours truly did yesterday.

Jessie Dark I believe? 1974? I only know that from looking up before to see who all from VCU has played in the NBA

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider

Not sure but most likely Harris or Dark.