Siegel Center Experience

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
95% of fans attending sporting events know proper fan etiquette. Most fans know when to stand and when to sit. All fans know when to cheer. Not sure why this is even a point of discussion. The examples you use are part of that 5%. Most fans are respectful of each other. If you think 95% of the fans need to cave to that 5% by staying at home and watching the game on TV, then there is a bigger problem. What you are referencing are exceptions, not the norm. At the end of the day, it comes down to respect. Everyone is paying good money to see a sporting event in person and everyone has rights within reason. We don't need to turn all sporting events into Philadelphia Eagles home football games. There's a reason Lincoln Financial has a jail and magistrate in the bowels of the stadium during Eagles football games.
i think we are more aligned than not. i still stand by my comment that if one’s objective is to sit back be entertained and then choose to complain when others choose to engage with a modicum or more energy, maybe live sports isn’t the best choice for you. It’s possible that person has aged out of the experience—happens to many.

VCU94MCV98

Elite Member
When I sit with my dad at games in Section 5 (behind opponents bench) I am sitting the majority of the time. He has a bad back, hip, foot, etc so he only stands when we go on a run, make a big shot, etc.
You better cool it with that kind of talk or he'll have Chris Mooney at his door with a scholarship offer in hand...

i am pretty sure at this point you are more likely to get kicked out of the Stu for standing and cheering than not wearing a mask.

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
i am pretty sure at this point you are more likely to get kicked out of the Stu for standing and cheering than not wearing a mask.
Where we're sitting the ushers aisle walk no less than 10 times per game, iso people with masks down and motion for them to pull them UP. No BS... I'll give them this, they're ON it. Thankfully. Because without this I'd have an empty seat next to me, my lady would leave.

fmrick

Elite Member
Insider
A letter went out in the past couple days to fans (not season ticket holders) about buying tickets at a discount. From what I'm told, we have become UR, selling cheap tickets with incentives. I'd like to have a copy of the e-mail. If anyone can forward it to me just PM me and I send you an e-mail address.

Ramaholic

Elite Member
A letter went out in the past couple days to fans (not season ticket holders) about buying tickets at a discount. From what I'm told, we have become UR, selling cheap tickets with incentives. I'd like to have a copy of the e-mail. If anyone can forward it to me just PM me and I send you an e-mail address.
Last year season ticket holders/ donors had there entire donation and seat fee gobbled up with no refund and there no games to go to. You would think the AD would extend an occasional perk this year to the donors. Heck maybe select a few donor to sit under Ed's, Rao's and MR's private suites and maybe we can get some crumbs that fall off the balcony.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
Last year season ticket holders/ donors had there entire donation and seat fee gobbled up with no refund and there no games to go to. You would think the AD would extend an occasional perk this year to the donors. Heck maybe select a few donor to sit under Ed's, Rao's and MR's private suites and maybe we can get some crumbs that fall off the balcony.

You asking for a Christmas Miracle?

I must not be considered a fan as the only email I've received from VCU was asking me to make a gift of stock to the school.

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
I must not be considered a fan as the only email I've received from VCU was asking me to make a gift of stock to the school.

I did receive an e-mail yesterday from Ed reminding everyone to mask up. Based on the subject line of the e-mail, I thought he was begging for more money at Christmas, until I actually read the e-mail. :roll: :lol:

Ramdog

Elite Member
I did receive an e-mail yesterday from Ed reminding everyone to mask up. Based on the subject line of the e-mail, I thought he was begging for more money at Christmas, until I actually read the e-mail. :roll: :lol:
Question:

Have you ever reached out to Ed directly or is bittching on a message board your preferred form of communication

if I was as passionate as you are about concerns I would make an appointment to see him

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
Question:

Have you ever reached out to Ed directly or is bittching on a message board your preferred form of communication

if I was as passionate as you are about concerns I would make an appointment to see him

I have spoken directly to the athletic department on more than one occasion. Whether I talk to Ed directly or individuals within the athletic department, it's still the VCU Athletic Department, and a direct reflection on the leadership. And when I send an e-mail to an appropriate party within the athletic department, am told in a subsequent conversation that my e-mail has been forwarded up the chain of command and then never receive a response, that tells me a lot regarding the level of respect they have for the general donor.

And I don't seem to be the only long time donor that is frustrated, based on this thread. There clearly is a pattern there.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
If I am unhappy with a product or service it is on me to make the supplier aware.
Yes... but once you reach out to someone & express your issues, displeasure.... etc. Its up to the "Supplier" as you say... or in Wolfpack's situation... the Ath Dept.... to get back to him to figure out a time when the 2 can sit down & talk... whether it be via phone, zoom, or in person.

Once the customer makes his issues/displeasure known to the proper people.... after that... its not on him anymore until he gets a response for the person/persons/company hes contacting.